• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

So I got a code for the destiny alpha in my email. It wouldn't redeem on the site, redeemed on the console though. Or rather, it said it did. It didn't actually redeem anything and the code is used. :|

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet! Follow me. xzedgex

At first the shoulder buttons felt strange for me too, used to them now.

You'll get used to it. Same here, gamer tag is WillyNaylor

Added you two.

You will be fine. I was playing the 360 the other day and ita controller felt so bulky to me. What's your GT?

lamaroo7

I only think they're a problem if you hold them really close to the center of the controller. Then they don't click down very easily.

That's the way I hold it. My left finger is fine, but my right one rests near the centre.

Are the Destiny codes PC only?

Wait so there are some rumors of Thornton going to Chicago?

g1GTW3v.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Will Ray Ferraro actually have an in-game model of him between the benches?

Yes, Ray Ferraro will be standing in-between the benches of most arenas tracking the play throughout the game. Some arenas don’t have a spot for an ‘ice level’ commentator so for those arenas, Ray’s placement will vary

MEGATON

The front-end menu isn't as quick and efficient as some may like. Has changes been made to streamline the time it takes to get into a game or reach a game mode?

Yes. One of the first things you’ll notice when you pick up NHL15 is the new menu structure. We’ve overhauled every screen in the game with an emphasis on simplifying the end user’s experience so that they can get to where they want to go as efficiently as possible.

ACTUAL megaton. or so.

Quick

Banned
If you watch the NHL 15 demo very carefully, you'll see Ray Ferraro between the Rangers and Kings bench at MSG. Megaton.

And the menu apparently looks like FIFA 14's, which is a huge upgrade over the current menu. The current menu is already outdated and too complicated for its own good.

fifa2.jpg

vs.

nhl-14-gotw-menu.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I pre-ordered NHL15 (PS4), Destiny (PS4) and Omega Ruby with the Future Shop deal... I think that's all for this year for now. Can't get another 3 games listed that I REALLY want. Maybe Uncharted 4, but that's not coming until 2015 anyway. Rest is all shooters like The Division/The Order which are dime a dozen... (I know Destiny is one too, but that one's special. :p Let me know how alpha is! No code for me :( )

Marvie_3

Banned
Will Ray Ferraro actually have an in-game model of him between the benches?

Yes, Ray Ferraro will be standing in-between the benches of most arenas tracking the play throughout the game. Some arenas don’t have a spot for an ‘ice level’ commentator so for those arenas, Ray’s placement will vary

MEGATON

The front-end menu isn't as quick and efficient as some may like. Has changes been made to streamline the time it takes to get into a game or reach a game mode?

Yes. One of the first things you’ll notice when you pick up NHL15 is the new menu structure. We’ve overhauled every screen in the game with an emphasis on simplifying the end user’s experience so that they can get to where they want to go as efficiently as possible.

ACTUAL megaton. or so.
They've said that before and their menus still suck.

Samyy

I pre-ordered NHL15 (PS4), Destiny (PS4) and Omega Ruby with the Future Shop deal... I think that's all for this year for now. Can't get another 3 games listed that I REALLY want. Maybe Uncharted 4, but that's not coming until 2015 anyway. Rest is all shooters like The Division/The Order which are dime a dozen... (I know Destiny is one too, but that one's special. :p Let me know how alpha is! No code for me :( )[/QoUOTE]

People are still getting codes emailed

Oh and you might as well pteorder more games no for the 30% deal? Not like they charge you and the preorders carryover until it ships.

zedge

Wow.. so far Destiny has really impressed me. Damn, it just clicks with me, an MMO type game thats really cool. Love listening to Peter Dinklage narrate lol. Its totally Halo meets Borderlands meets Mass Effect pehaps?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow.. so far Destiny has really impressed me. Damn, it just clicks with me, an MMO type game thats really cool. Love listening to Peter Dinklage narrate lol. Its totally Halo meets Borderlands meets Mass Effect pehaps?
Some of the footage had me worried, but it's good to hear the reactions have been really positive.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah dude, its good.
I watched a bit of your stream, looks good. I have high hopes for it, the potential is massive. I do wish the art style was a bit more realistic though, it looks a bit like a rip off of Borderlands atm.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Its a lot like Borderlands. In a good way.

Gonna check out multiplayer later, might broadcast it for kicks when I do. RIght now is whiskey time.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of sales, I made a shit ton of pre-orders on Amazon.ca with their E3 deal (30% off each game, originally $69.99 though)

Well, alright!

Top Bottom