• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Samyy

Very nice list

Will probably get GTA V because I've never played it and one of Dragon Age or The Witcher 3 depending on how good they turn out, Would get NHL 15 but I don't own any of the new consoles.

I was debating between GTA V and Dragon Age, hoping I didn't make the wrong decision, haha :/

And yea, a ton of other games I'm excited about too but simply can't afford everything.

Roflobear

Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, and Far Cry 4 are the games I'm most excited for

Also GTA V was one of my favorite games of last gen. I'll probably re-buy it once I build a good enough PC or get a PS4

zroid

Banned
I'm surpried the Smellies are ranked so highly by FIFA. All that racism must make it difficult to build a quality soccer team.

So apparently the avs are looking at drafting Claude Lemieux's son in the first round. Which I mean, I'm not going to judge the kid for who his father is, but I don't know guys. I just don't know.

I get a decent gaming laptop next week and theres steam summer sales soon?
Niceee

I don't know why they just don't put everything at 50%-75% off and be done with it. You just end up tracking daily deals, flash deals, and community votes while you wait for your wish list to go on sale.

Hope whatever mini-game they do is worthwhile this time.

Samyy

I don't know why they just don't put everything at 50%-75% off and be done with it. You just end up tracking daily deals, flash deals, and community votes while you wait for your wish list to go on sale.

Hope whatever mini-game they do is worthwhile this time.

Probably because they want people to keep hanging around on steam and impulse buy stuff while they're waiting for the games they want instead of letting them just buy what they want right away.

RC

Banned
Wow, that was the most entertaining soccer game I've ever seen. Maybe this whole footy thing isn't so bad after all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm surpried the Smellies are ranked so highly by FIFA. All that racism must make it difficult to build a quality soccer team.

We suck, honestly. NO WAY should we be ranked that highly. More like 20th. We had an easy WC qualification group and got 24/30 points, which boosted our ranking.

Holy shit.
Van p the man.

No fucking kidding. Early contestant for goal of the tourney. Man Spain got obliterated. To be fair, we also beat them at the WC group stage in 2010 and they went on to win the tourney, so who knows.

Wow, that was the most entertaining soccer game I've ever seen. Maybe this whole footy thing isn't so bad after all.

Soccer itself is fun, world cup soccer is great.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Please get him out of the East.

Spent the day reading draft profiles for guys ranked 20-30.

Help.
I haven't had much time to look through guys, but I know Goldobin might be available at our pick, and he always impressed when I watched the Sting games for A.Gally. I'd prefer for them to go for a higher risk, and higher skilled kind of guy this year after going with McCarron last year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Please get him out of the East.

I haven't had much time to look through guys, but I know Goldobin might be available at our pick, and he always impressed when I watched the Sting games for A.Gally. I'd prefer for them to go for a higher risk, and higher skilled kind of guy this year after going with McCarron last year.

Same, which is why Nick Schmaltz interests me, really high level skill, but "Character issues" may keep Bergevin from taking him though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol "character issues"

What 17/18 year old kid doesn't have "character issues" to some degree?

Nick Schmaltz does seem like a nice pick by the way. If the Leafs ended up with a late 1st, I'd want them to grab him. Wanted them to grab Sonny Milano with a late 1st too, but he's risen up dramatically.
Stefan Matteau is a good example of having glaring character issues at that age, and that was a big reason he was skipped on by a few teams.

Steve Simmons said:
A lot of the HNIC people will be headed to Rgoers. Deals aren't finalized but expect Healy, E Friedman, Stock be part of the new package.
Pumped for Friedman, but they really couldn't find some people better than Healy or Stock? REALLY?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
:lol "character issues"

What 17/18 year old kid doesn't have "character issues" to some degree?

Nick Schmaltz does seem like a nice pick by the way. If the Leafs ended up with a late 1st, I'd want them to grab him. Wanted them to grab Sonny Milano with a late 1st too, but he's risen up dramatically.

Yeah I'm sick of reading about character issues in draft profiles, unless the kid has committed crimes, or fights off the ice, I don't give a shit.

Hard to get excited about having the 26th pick though, looking at a bunch of potential third liners.

Rogers really are incompetent if they're bringing in Stock and Healy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If someone could take the "fueled by Ramen" slogan and turn it into "fueled by Racism" and make it Swiss and/or Canucks-themed, I'd wear it with pride.

Until I get banned.

Socreges

Banned
Oh my god Spain what have you done

Good thing the game got spoiled for me, I guess. Now I can just watch the highlights and spend the saved time playing Mario Kart

zedge

Aus. :(

Always cheer for my fellow common wealthers.

That Brasil Now app on X1 is sweet. Getting notifications for goals and shit. Stuff like this makes the X1 > PS4 for me. Software trumps hardware all day everyday.

zroid

Banned
If someone could take the "fueled by Ramen" slogan and turn it into "fueled by Racism" and make it Swiss and/or Canucks-themed, I'd wear it with pride.

Until I get banned.

Gave it my best shot

fueledbyracism9vu2l.png

Top Bottom