• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

fallout

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't do it. Mike Richards is declining crazy fast and dat contract
I dunno. At a 5.75 M cap hit, he's not that bad. Keep in mind that he wasn't getting paid just to put up points. Certainly not what he used to be, but he can be pretty effective in many different roles.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to the LA Kings on their second Stanley Cup in three years. Definitely an impressive accomplishment in this day and age.
The amazing thing is they're not going away any time soon. They have several members of their core locked up well into the 2020's.

So what is eveyone's number 1 hope for the offseason?

Superman reverses time and gives the Rangers another shot….although doubt it would have changed anything.

I'm seriously at a loss when it comes to what the Rangers should do. Re-sign everyone? Cap logistics aside, I'm not sure that would be that great of an idea. They need to get better. Richards will be gone. Re-sign Dom Moore or I will personally take a shit on Sather's head. Boyle will go the way of Prust I believe, which is too bad. Lot's to do with the whole Brassard line. Not too many appealing UFAs.

My guess? Mr. 50 in '07 will be driving right on down to the Garden. Such a typical Sather move...

Quick

Banned
Superman reverses time and gives the Rangers another shot….although doubt it would have changed anything.

I'm seriously at a loss when it comes to what the Rangers should do. Re-sign everyone? Cap logistics aside, I'm not sure that would be that great of an idea. They need to get better. Richards will be gone. Re-sign Dom Moore or I will personally take a shit on Sather's head. Boyle will go the way of Prust I believe, which is too bad. Lot's to do with the whole Brassard line. Not too many appealing UFAs.

My guess? Mr. 50 in '07 will be driving right on down to the Garden. Such a typical Sather move...

RANGERS LOST 'CAUSE THEY AIN'T GOT ENOUGH GOOD ONTARIO KIDS, EH.

RANGERS NEED TO MAKE A TRADE FOR DAVID CLARKSON FROM TORONTO, EH. HE'S A GOOD ONTARIO KID. LOTS OF HEART, GRIT, AN' MORE HEART. THUMBS UP LET'S GO.

Razorskin

----- ------
RANGERS LOST 'CAUSE THEY AIN'T GOT ENOUGH GOOD ONTARIO KIDS, EH.

RANGERS NEED TO MAKE A TRADE FOR DAVID CLARKSON FROM TORONTO, EH. HE'S A GOOD ONTARIO KID. LOTS OF HEART, GRIT, AN' MORE HEART. THUMBS UP LET'S GO.

Hey wait a minute,

Cherry would never support the Leafs trading a good Ontario kid

Acid08

Banned
So what is eveyone's number 1 hope for the offseason?
Upgrade the defense. Mobile left side dmen.

Other than that, maybe trade Thornton and/or Marleau if the right deal comes. Re-sign our RFAs(Stalock, Wingels, Demers, Sheppard). If Thornton is gone then we'll need an actual third line center with Pavs and Couture taking the top two spots, would move Niemi+ for one. Sign or trade for a goalie to tandem with Stalock.

Quick

Banned
Hey wait a minute,

Cherry would never support the Leafs trading a good Ontario kid

YOU AIN'T LISTENIN' TO WHAT I'M SAYIN', EH.

I'M SAYIN' THEY TRADE CLARKSON AN' THEN GET GOOD ONTARIO KID MARC STAAL, EH. MARC STAAL FROM THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO, FROM THE SUDBURY WOLVES, EH. I REMEMBER LOOKIN' AT HIM ONCE AN' GIVIN' ME A NOD, AN' THEN HE TELLS ME, HE SAYS, "DON, I WATCHED YOU GUYS ON HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA AN' I AGREE THAT THE LEAFS NEED GOOD ONTARIO KIDS LIKE ME ON THEIR ROSTER, AN' NOT THOSE LAZY COMMIES. I ALWAYS WANTED TO PLAY FOR THE LEAFS, EH."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Richards has to be bought out no matter what. Which means we're going to be in the market for a marquee center for us to throw too much money at (read: Stastny).

Buyout period begins on Monday.

Rangers UFAs

Brian Boyle
Benoit Pouliot
Dominic Moore
Daniel Carcillo
Anton Stralman
Raphael Diaz

RFAs

Chris Kreider
Derick Brassard
Mats Zuccarello
John Moore
Justin Falk

Martin St. Louis, Derek Stepan, Carl Hagelin, Derek Dorsett, Jesper Fast, Marc Staal, and Cam Talbot are all moving into contract years.

That's right, the entire Brassard line is up for free agency in one way or another.

Out of the UFAs, I think Pouliot and Dom Moore get re-signed. Raphael Diaz is a possibility. I thought Carcillo was a definite re-sign until he decided to elbow a ref. Brian Boyle and Anton Stralman are going to have a ton of money thrown at them that we won't/can't match.

The RFAs should all be automatic re-signs, with Justin Falk being the only one that might or might not be back. Kreider and Zuccarello are in line for BIG raises.

Marc Staal might be trade bait, though I think we would have to re-sign Stralman in order to feel comfortable dealing him.

Lol, as always, I'm talking about Kings "fans," not Kings fans. People like poly, who wonder why "that guy on the other team" is wearing "that interesting face mask."

But seriously, congrats to you guys. Were you ever worried? All jokes aside, after you beat us, I had no doubt you were going to get the cup.

Poly's actually a huge Hockey fan. Dude's Canadian. So is Dream. They just like fucking with people that get on to "fans."

I was worried against the Hawks because they seem to mind fuck Quick like no one else. I said it during the Ducks/Kings but I knew either of them or the Hawks could beat the East.

Have the odds been released for next year yet? I want to see what team they have being better than the Hawks or Kings.

Samyy

I've decided that regardless of what the Leafs do, I am going to try and not get upset, its not worth it. I know they are all fucking idiots anyway so I'm expecting them to fuck this team for the next 5-6 years, its a guarantee. I'll just enjoy watching the team crash and burn again and then gleefully watch Nonis and Carlyle get axed like the trash they are.

Merguson

Banned
I've decided that regardless of what the Leafs do, I am going to try and not get upset, its not worth it. I know they are all fucking idiots anyway so I'm expecting them to fuck this team for the next 5-6 years, its a guarantee. I'll just enjoy watching the team crash and burn again and then gleefully watch Nonis and Carlyle get axed like the trash they are.

nCXwig5.gif

Silexx

@BlueJacketsNHL: Congrats to our BFFs, the @LAKings. One heck of a run. Now get that parade over with so we can go to Disney World.

@fearthefin: .@BlueJacketsNHL the @LAKings are not your friends. they are taking advantage of you. stop trading them good players for garbage.

:lol

I was worried about the Hawks (similar, if not better top end talent) and Lundqvuist winning the series on his own.

I'm not on board with a Mike Richards buyout/trade, and I doubt management is either. Lombardi and Sutter have been talking up Richards willingness to play his role and commit to it most of the season. He reacted insanely well to being demoted. A certain amount of his decline was bizzaro early-aging, yeah, but a lot of it was him taking on a less offensive role in general. Either way I'm not sure you can replace him even as a modestly bad cap hit.

Team is going to be a lot younger next year though, that's for sure. Vey should be a regular, McNabb is likely up and Forbort may be later as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Have Kesler and Edler been traded yet?

Also we're supposed to announce our coach sometime very soon.

Top Bottom