• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wish they'd hire somebody new for Hamilton so it makes Therrien's new contract easier to swallow. Lefebvre sucks worse than Therrien, we need somebody there who is good with young kids and is a good replacement for Therrien in a few years.
Bergevin already confirmed Lefebvre will be back next year unfortunately :( As for Therrien, I have hope for him for next season after seeing him using Beaulieu in the playoffs, playing Subban 28-29 mins a game, and not using the likes of Murray / Parros. I just want to see Subban signed, and a center not named Eller / A.Gally moved now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bergevin already confirmed Lefebvre will be back next year unfortunately :( As for Therrien, I have hope for him for next season after seeing him using Beaulieu in the playoffs, playing Subban 28-29 mins a game, and not using the likes of Murray / Parros. I just want to see Subban signed, and a center not named Eller / A.Gally moved now.

His forward deployment has been pretty good, but the defense has been a problem nearly the entire time.

Wish he didn't keep putting Emelin on the right side beside Markov, but I bet they don't want to put a $4 million defenceman on the fourth pairing, and there is nowhere else for him to play.

Also, the system sucks half the time as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Twenty years ago today (you didn't think I'd forget, did you?)

a_250x3757juez.jpg

Let's do it again someday...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
His forward deployment has been pretty good, but the defense has been a problem nearly the entire time.

Wish he didn't keep putting Emelin on the right side beside Markov, but I bet they don't want to put a $4 million defenceman on the fourth pairing, and there is nowhere else for him to play.

Also, the system sucks half the time as well.
I have faith in Bergevin after seeing his moves this deadline, and it's clear he wants the kids to start playing a more major role on the team. I think he understands the D needs to be retooled, but everyone knows how difficult it is to acquire a top pairing D in this league right now.

Quick

Banned
I have faith in Bergevin after seeing his moves this deadline, and it's clear he wants the kids to start playing a more major role on the team. I think he understands the D needs to be retooled, but everyone knows how difficult it is to acquire a top pairing D in this league right now.

Stud defenceman Paul Ranger is a pending UFA.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

A top pairing guy is pretty much out of the question, but there are some second pairing guys available if they can trade Emelin.

Stralman, Gilbert, Fayne, or if you pair Markov and Subban together on the top pairing you can go for a more offensive guy on the second pairing with Gorges. Niskanen will be overpaid by somebody else, maybe Zidlicky could be had on a 1 year deal.

Not really anyone who has anchored a pairing outside of Niskanen, but Markov is a great partner, and Gorges is reliable. I think Nikitin could be a steal for somebody, but unfortunately he's a lefty.

The biggest problem will be the Oilers driving up the price on every single UFA defenceman available.

Mentok

Banned

Agreed! I have a lot of confidence in Bergevin, his exit conference was so grounded and in touch to what this team needs. He made it clear there's a shift towards the younger core,but that there needs to be some re-tooling to build off of. Therrien getting 4 years is nothing but formality. I can see them trying to get a guy like Stralman and trading for a top 6 player. I doubt anyone wants DD, but I bet there's interest in Pleks for sure.

Quick

Banned
Destiny's pretty fun. Played a bit of the single-player, and then a multiplayer match.

Not sure if the one user I encountered in SP was an actual player, or just an NPC the game generated. Same with multiplayer.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Trading Vinny for a pick, signing a solid left winger.

Two would be letting Emery limp off and getting a good backup.

Vinny is pretty much as good as gone.

What they'll get back for him is another story. They'll probably pick up some of his salary though.

Destiny's pretty fun. Played a bit of the single-player, and then a multiplayer match.

Not sure if the one user I encountered in SP was an actual player, or just an NPC the game generated. Same with multiplayer.

You should party up with Smelly and I tomorrow. Game is a lot more fun that way.

Alucard

Banned
Awesome Italy/England game yesterday. Felt bad for Rooney, but England's performance was encouraging for its fans. I hope we get some equally exciting WC matches today.

Watching pro wrestling DVDs this morning. Woo.

yyzjohn

Banned
Awesome Italy/England game yesterday. Felt bad for Rooney, but England's performance was encouraging for its fans. I hope we get some equally exciting WC matches today.

Watching pro wrestling DVDs this morning. Woo.

Was a good match. I think the heat affected England more so than Italy. A few guys were cramping up on England, they didn't have the same drive in the second half.

Curufinwe

I liked it a lot more when I got to upgrade my gear.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm curious about Destiny. But I generally don't like FPS and I don't see me playing the competitive multiplayer.

So I got ground zeroes as one of my "free" games when I hopped on that Microsoft Store "buy 2 get one free game deal" which ended up getting 3 games for 60 bucks so technically two free.

I have never played a Metal Gear game before but I actually quite like it and the game play is pretty good. I have no idea what is going on in the story nor do I have any interest to go back and try to learn it, but the game is pretty fun and I'm enjoying it quite a bit despite it being a glorified demo for The Phantom Pain.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the Destiny alpha was available on the Xbone, it would be nice having something to play. I haven't bought a single game for it yet.

I wish the Destiny alpha was available on the Xbone, it would be nice having something to play. I haven't bought a single game for it yet.

If you have Gold, Halo Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of Brotherhood are both free. Halo is an OK twin stick shooter and Max is a very clever plat-former.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Get Titanfall!

Edit: Oh and if you like fighting games, the base version of Killer Instinct is free

Have Titanfall on Steam, didn't know KI was free. I'm not a fan of fighting games but I'll definitely try it now.

I don't have one, but if I did the first game I'd get for it is Super TIME Force!

That game looks great, I'll probably pick it up.

If you have Gold, Halo Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of Brotherhood are both free. Halo is an OK twin stick shooter and Max is a very clever plat-former.

I do have gold now, may try Max.

Quick

Banned
You guys add me: kaydin

Game is really good. Though of course it makes me wish for the precision of a mouse...

Added

the smellies are up next!

You're saying all Swiss are Smileys? Racist.

I'm curious about Destiny. But I generally don't like FPS and I don't see me playing the competitive multiplayer.

Multiplayer is essentially Halo, down to the vehicles. Didn't spent too much time with it, but it was fine.

I wasn't a big Halo single player fan, but their MP modes (played 1 and 2 extensively, and a bit of 3) was great.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Unsurprisingly, Spezza to the Rangers rumors have begun! This seems to happen every time Spezza's status in Ottawa seems questionable.

I'm guessing Ottawa would be asking for more than we should be willing to give up. The Sens are asking for a top 6 forward (my guess would be Kreider or Stepan), a top prospect (Duclair? Skjei?), and a first round pick (as if we even have these!). This team just came a handful of posts and wonky calls away from the Stanley Cup. There's no need to pay this sort of price for any player.

Syrinx

I think we'll get rid of Ward. Not sure about Staal yet...

Ward's probably the guy who needs to leave most anyway. As frustrating as his play can be and as much of an albatross as his contract is, Staal can still contribute something to the Canes. With Khudobin signed through the next two years and looking to be the guy going forward, there just really isn't a spot for Ward and his contract anymore.

Mentok

Banned
Unsurprisingly, Spezza to the Rangers rumors have begun! This seems to happen every time Spezza's status in Ottawa seems questionable.

I'm guessing Ottawa would be asking for more than we should be willing to give up. The Sens are asking for a top 6 forward (my guess would be Kreider or Stepan), a top prospect (Duclair? Skjei?), and a first round pick (as if we even have these!). This team just came a handful of posts and wonky calls away from the Stanley Cup. There's no need to pay this sort of price for any player.

The issue for the Rangers will be managing to fit all their UFAs and RFAs. Most will be in for a good pay raise and I doubt they can keep them all, so if they do trade an RFA or two it could help (along with the rumoured buyout of Richards).

So I'm heavily contemplating selling my PS3 for a PS4....don't know if I should take the plunge now, or wait (especially since I want to play P5).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The issue for the Rangers will be managing to fit all their UFAs and RFAs. Most will be in for a good pay raise and I doubt they can keep them all, so if they do trade an RFA or two it could help (along with the rumoured buyout of Richards).

So I'm heavily contemplating selling my PS3 for a PS4....don't know if I should take the plunge now, or wait (especially since I want to play P5).

Hopefully you'll be able to play P5 on the PS4 with Playstation Now. HOPEFULLY.

Socreges

Banned
That's what you get for betting against us.
I'd predicted a tie. And it was. Until Ecuador decided the game was over with 30 secs left and stopped playing defense.

Amazing application of goal-line tech in the France/Honduras game just now. As close as it could get.

Mentok

Banned
Hopefully you'll be able to play P5 on the PS4 with Playstation Now. HOPEFULLY.

Yeah see PSNow is the only reason why I don't think I will need my PS3...but that's a big gamble considering what's available on the PS4 right now. Destiny really has my attention and Bloodborne pushed me towards a PS.

EDIT:

Amazing application of goal-line tech in the France/Honduras game just now. As close as it could get.
Yeah that was amazingly cool

Top Bottom