• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Should I be excited about this frenchie we picked up?

What can you tell me about him Habs-GAF?
He still has the potential to be a decent, two way forward for a 3rd line, but seems to have issues handling pressure, and keeping motivated. He's small, and is more of a jack of all trades player. His greatest skill is his hockey IQ and two way ability, he just needs the proper guidance now. He seems to have massive confidence issues, and has had two rough years in the AHL now, one due to injury.

That bridge contract the Habs forced Subban to sign is going to reaaaally bite them in the ass during the summer.

I mean... he's only won a Norris, an Olympic Gold medal and posted two career seasons during the duration of that contract!
I wanted him signed to a long term deal at the time, but I can understand why Bergevin did what he did coming from his perspective and where he was with the team at the time. Delaying it won't handicap the team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I forgot that happened. What'd I say?
I can't tell if you're being cheeky or not, but I'll never get tired of reading it so here it is again:

And wrestling GIFs. So many fucking wrestling GIFs. He'll put wrestling in your lives with every irrelevant wrestling GIF ever. Something happens? Here's a wrestling GIF of a guy doing a haymaker then him saying "Hello what". Did someone say they "can't wait to see the Finals"? Don't worry, here's Alucard with a "YOU CAN'T SEE ME" GIF in action. Was there something funny happening? Here's a wrestling GIF of a wrestler laughing at another wrestler as that wrestler tries to use Pythagoras' theorum to determine the greatest angle to enter the ring at. YOU SHOULD ALL BE AWARE THAT WRESTLING EXISTS THANKS TO THE ALL POWERFUL ALUCARDS SHITTY WRESTLING GIFS.

For every wrestling GIF, I'm going to post a UFC GIF from now.

Giggzy

Also, I just got an Xbox One to keep my PS4 company, do we have a gamertag/psn name list for NHL-GAF? I think we need to get one of those going, expecially when Halo 2 Multiplayer goes back online and I collapse into a puddle of goo from muscular atrophy by never leaving my couch.

Too EZ for EC

zroid

Banned
Guys I'm not a basketball person, but this made me well up.

HoHspwh.jpg

Patty Mills rocking the Torres Strait Islander flag. Our indigenous get the most shortest end of the stick in life, and one of them just hoisted the most elite basketball championship trophy.

That's just something else.

He was a beast in the final game too. Outplayed his own team's star point guard.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Alucard's gifs seriously made me quit the playoff thread in successive years circa 2010. Pens-GAF was insufferable at that point.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's Rangers breakup day! It's also compliance buyout day! See ya, Brad!

It will probably take a few days before they actually get around to the buyout. Exit interviews and just general decorum and what have you.

Oh, by the way, Cam Talbot had a broken hand. So he almost certainly never would have dressed for the Final even if it had gone the distance.

I can't tell if you're being cheeky or not, but I'll never get tired of reading it so here it is again:

Nah, I was being earnest, my memory is shot to shit. Thanks for the reminder though!

DanielsonBlackElbowsFinish.gif

10001047.gif

DanielsonClaudioUppercut.gif

video-anderson-silva-vitor-belfort-ufc-126.gif

He was a beast in the final game too. Outplayed his own team's star point guard.

That's really good news. Gets rid of all talk of him 'riding coat tails' or whatever. So proud of him.

Right, who wants Evander Kane and Parenteau?

Bobby said:
ANA big-game hunting for a C (Kesler/Spezza etc) to play behind Getzlaf. Well positioned to make a move: 8 NHL D and plethora of prospects.

Too fuckin' right. Bring on the Kesler years.

yyzjohn

Banned
It's time for Nonis* to work his magic.

*who are we kidding we all know it's Shanahan with the final say.

ShaneB

I like all sports really. Not really a big soccer fan I suppose, but sure I'll check out some World Cup games like most folks. Plus Andi.

Season 2 of The Wire hasn't nearly been as interesting as the first season was for me. I still like it, but god damn if this season isn't dragging. Also, there are lines from True Detective that were straight up ripped out of The Wire. :lol

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers talking to three finalists for vacant coaching spot. Marc Crawford is in the mix. Hope to have more later today.

So likely Bylsma, Gallant, and Crawford as the 3. No to Crawford, so one of Gallant and Bylsma will be the guy IMO.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Girardi dislocated his right pinkie in Game 2 of the SCF. Kind of amazing that that's the only injury he's nursing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Season 2 of The Wire hasn't nearly been as interesting as the first season was for me. I still like it, but god damn if this season isn't dragging. Also, there are lines from True Detective that were straight up ripped out of The Wire. :lol

I can't remember how I felt about Season two while I was watching it, but the beginning did drag a bit.

Push through it, then finish the series. It's the most unlike the others but I've come to love that season actually and upon 2nd viewing it became one of my favorites.

ShaneB

What's the best TSN podcast for general hockey stuff?

Do they even have one comparable to HockeyCentral? I don't really listen to TSN radio, so looking at the list of shows/podcasts and I'm drawing a blank as to what to even suggest, I mean I guess Leafs Lunch? I've got a few football podcasts I listen to regularly, but for hockey I'll check in with sportsnet/fan590 via HockeyCentral and general sports I just listen to Brady and Walker.

RC

Banned
This round ball ain't half bad, sure the players are made of paper and half the time nothing happens, but umm, it's sports?

Deutschland domination. Now those are two words that need some context.

Top Bottom