• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

The guy knows where he fits in our center depth and he would get more ice time on a different roster, maybe more money maybe not. I'd rather he walk sooner so we have more room to negotiate with oreilly.

Of course, but the part where it says "Stastny's agent said that he wanted to wait until the 20th to gain some leverage in negotiations", tells me his plan was to hit free agency all along, or allow other teams to drive up his price at least. It makes the whole notion of giving a hometown discount empty, which everyone already knows anyway.

giphy.gif

Mentok

Banned
What you guys need is Spezza and get rid of that low character money demanding O'Reilly.

Melnyk can't afford to pay O'Reilly. He's looking for volunteers in the off-season.

I know Stasny said he's willing to take a hometown discount, but I don't see the Avs offering anywhere close to what he can get on the open market.

Been hearing some Kesler for ROR rumours, but the Avs would want additional assets and I doubt the Canucks would be willing.

Is Stastny a 2C? He could get 1C money on the market.

zedge

So is Destiny any good? I don't want to comb through that entire massive but it seems like a lot of positive impressions so far, especially to people like me who are sick of the typical FPS.
Its fantastic. I lost interest for the game. But after playing the alpha its a day one purchase.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Really no surprise smelly is part of a "master race"

my PS4 is stronger than my PC :(

I'm just laughing at the whole situation. Apparently Watch Dogs even RUNS BETTER with the higher textures/graphics. IT MAKES NO GODDAMN SENSE. So Ubisoft must've made the high graphics, optimized the games for it, then was asked by Sony to downscale it on PC so the gap wouldn't be too big. Which fucked up the optimizing and made it run worse. Then someone left all the graphics option in it, either by accident or on purpose. :lol

What shitshow

TUSR

Banned
my PS4 is stronger than my PC :(

I'm just laughing at the whole situation. Apparently Watch Dogs even RUNS BETTER with the higher textures/graphics. IT MAKES NO GODDAMN SENSE. So Ubisoft must've made the high graphics, optimized the games for it, then was asked by Sony to downscale it on PC so the gap wouldn't be too big. Which fucked up the optimizing and made it run worse. Then someone left all the graphics option in it, either by accident or on purpose. :lol

What shitshow

The changes they made when they scrapped the better graphics assembly changed the way the graphics pipeline worked I believe. Textures were being loaded in some obscure way, sometimes (all the time?) twice.

The bokeh is sort of messed up right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was already fixed or being fixed within the next couple of hours.

Smiley90

The changes they made when they scrapped the better graphics assembly changed the way the graphics pipeline worked I believe. Textures were being loaded in some obscure way, sometimes (all the time?) twice.

What a fucking gongshow.

Someone's probably going through the AC4 files right now to check if they did the same for that LOL.

also LOOOOOOL GHANA SO BAD

Roflobear

So Ubisoft must've made the high graphics, optimized the games for it, then was asked by Sony to downscale it on PC so the gap wouldn't be too big.

This sounds too much like a conspiracy theory, though. Wouldn't PC sales (especially to people with strong enough rigs to utilize these graphics) be small enough compared to consoles to not worry about it?

It would make more sense for Sony/Microsoft to ask Ubisoft to gimp the other's version of the game, but I doubt that happens too

Smiley90

This sounds too much like a conspiracy theory, though. Wouldn't PC sales (especially to people with strong enough rigs to utilize these graphics) be small enough compared to consoles to not worry about it?

It would make more sense for Sony/Microsoft to ask Ubisoft to gimp the other's version of the game, but I doubt that happens too

Well, advertise it the same for all consoles = income from 3 platforms

advertise it as "next-gen graphics and smooth running only on PC", who's gonna buy it for consoles? get rid of a big market there.

fact is, the high graphics ARE in the PC version and the game runs BETTER with them. Meaning the game was most likely optimized for the high res version first. Why else would Ubi take them out in a non-optimized rush if not to make the PC version look more similar to console versions, either because Sony asked them to or because they decided themselves they'd lose sales otherwise? Totally reasonable theory. Ubi's a joke.

Smiley90

Man, did Team USA learn how to play soccer by watching the 1998 Devils or sth? This is boring as fuck.

Hope Ghana scores soon to bring some life into this, USA are just clamping everything down since scoring after 30 seconds. Ghana inching closer and closer to scoring though, they have to eventually, right?

fact is, the high graphics ARE in the PC version and the game runs BETTER with them. Meaning the game was most likely optimized for the high res version first. Why else would Ubi take them out in a non-optimized rush if not to make the PC version look more similar to console versions, either because Sony asked them to or because they decided themselves they'd lose sales otherwise? Totally reasonable theory. Ubi's a joke.

They probably built the game before the specs of the PS4 were announced so they had to downgrade it to work on the final hardware. As for downgrading the PC release, who knows why?

PC releases are usually just straight console ports.

RC

Banned
Man, did Team USA learn how to play soccer by watching the 1998 Devils or sth? This is boring as fuck.

Hope Ghana scores soon to bring some life into this, USA are just clamping everything down since scoring after 30 seconds. Ghana inching closer and closer to scoring though, they have to eventually, right?

They should pull the goalie in the last minute.

Razorskin

----- ------
I missed this. Can someone catch me up?

And wrestling GIFs. So many fucking wrestling GIFs. He'll put wrestling in your lives with every irrelevant wrestling GIF ever. Something happens? Here's a wrestling GIF of a guy doing a haymaker then him saying "Hello what". Did someone say they "can't wait to see the Finals"? Don't worry, here's Alucard with a "YOU CAN'T SEE ME" GIF in action. Was there something funny happening? Here's a wrestling GIF of a wrestler laughing at another wrestler as that wrestler tries to use Pythagoras' theorum to determine the greatest angle to enter the ring at. YOU SHOULD ALL BE AWARE THAT WRESTLING EXISTS THANKS TO THE ALL POWERFUL ALUCARDS SHITTY WRESTLING GIFS.

For every wrestling GIF, I'm going to post a UFC GIF from now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looks like it's down to Gallant and Byslam for the Florida HC position. Please take Gallant.

zroid

Banned
I wonder if he's referring specifically to a certain obnoxious Ghanaian apologist who was wearing a West Indies avatar :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Renaud Lavoie is saying the Habs and Weise are close to a deal. Great news.

Thorton also won't be resigned in Boston, who's going to smash guys faces into the ice for them now?

Acid08

Banned

Thorton also won't be resigned in Boston, who's going to smash guys faces into the ice for them now?
As if they don't have enough players to pick up the slack ;P

The age of the enforcer is dead, people.

Prediction: Mike Brown re-signed 4 years 6 million :(

Also, question for y'all. Since Havlat isn't coming back which team do you think picks him up? I don't really doubt an NHL team will sign him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Good news on Weise, hope Weaver is done soon too.

The Thornton news surprises me, I thought he was genuinely loved by the management and fans there.

Top Bottom