• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

zroid

Banned
lol the anti-USA peeps in the WC thread are vicious. I suggested USA would have an easy time making it to the next round after Portugal's thrashing, red card, and injury, and it lit a fuse I guess. Accused of being a US fanboy blinded by patriotism... and I'm not even American!

Nothing beats World Cup salt

RC

Banned
lol the anti-USA peeps in the WC thread are vicious. I suggested USA would have an easy time making it to the next round after Portugal's thrashing, red card, and injury, and it lit a fuse I guess. Accused of being a US fanboy blinded by patriotism... and I'm not even American!

I have a great World Cup drinking game. Take a sip whenever you see a player with manicured eyebrows. You wouldn't last 5 minutes if Italy or Spain were playing.

Quick

Banned

Everyone knows you're a communist.

Acid08

Banned
Season 2 of The Wire hasn't nearly been as interesting as the first season was for me. I still like it, but god damn if this season isn't dragging. Also, there are lines from True Detective that were straight up ripped out of The Wire. :lol
Like a lot of stuff in that show, the payoff will happen. Just stick with it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty St. Louis also did not address the media today.

EDIT: Apparently because he had a parent-teacher meeting to go to.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Even when he's old and busted, he still makes everyone he plays with better.

Hopefully they can come to an agreement on a two year deal or a compromise on the money.

Otherwise we have to hope we get the good Emelin all year.

Mentok

Banned
No surprise, seeing how he did everything in his power and his team never stepped up.

Well, now he knows how Tokarski feels.

Markov wants 3 years, $6M per. Could be the end of the General in Montreal.

Yeah that's just way to high. Not saying they are comparable, but Niskanen or Stralman will be asking less than that. But then again, this is a negotiating process, so I'm hoping he's starting high to settle on $5mil. If not, trade his rights. Emelin will finally be playing on his proper side I guess...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
AV says he thinks this year's Rangers team were closer to winning the Cup than the 2011 Canucks were. So there's that.
AV moved AWAY from the wacky tabacky, right?

I think he may be referring to the 3 OT games that could've gone the other way. Still, elimination makes then Kings STRONGER, so I don't see how they could've won.

Would've been nice to win on the 20th anniversary though. Jesus, FUCK I'm old enough to remember the Rangers' last Cup.

AV says he thinks this year's Rangers team were closer to winning the Cup than the 2011 Canucks were. So there's that.

A fully healthy 2011 Canucks team would've won the Cup. A mostly healthy 2014 Rangers team didn't. Sorry AV, you're wrong here.

Plus the 2014 Kings are better than the 2011 Bruins.

So is Destiny any good? I don't want to comb through that entire massive but it seems like a lot of positive impressions so far, especially to people like me who are sick of the typical FPS.

According to McKenzie, Avs gave Stastny a multi-yar contract offer a couple weeks ago, but there was no dialogue. Stastny's agent said that he wanted to wait until the 20th to gain some leverage in negotiations so that's no surprise.

Still struggling to recover from Friday night + Low End Theory Festival + moving all mashed together this weekend. Missed the parade and rally due to exhaustion.

Gabby is a free agent this year right? How much are Kings going to have to pay him?

A lot, although I doubt his playoff performance is going to drive up the cost as much as people think. He's still ridiculously injury prone and a liability to break down at any moment. It's a minor miracle he made it through this run without any injuries, significant or otherwise. Maybe he'll play out his tenure in LA healthy and effective ala Justin Williams?

Rumors were pretty heavily assuring that Lombardi and Gabbo's camp had reached a loose agreement during the Chicago series though, and the cap isn't looking dire for the Kings. I'm assuming he gets five a year on a short term deal...which might spell the end for Mike Richards =\ not too happy about that possibility.

Cake Boss

Banned
According to McKenzie, Avs gave Stastny a multi-yar contract offer a couple weeks ago, but there was no dialogue. Stastny's agent said that he wanted to wait until the 20th to gain some leverage in negotiations so that's no surprise.

What you guys need is Spezza and get rid of that low character money demanding O'Reilly.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Didn't he say he was going to give a hometown discount?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He did indicate that but of course.. what's an acceptable hometown discount to both parties? If they can't agree on that, he'll leave.

Of course, but the part where it says "Stastny's agent said that he wanted to wait until the 20th to gain some leverage in negotiations", tells me his plan was to hit free agency all along, or allow other teams to drive up his price at least. It makes the whole notion of giving a hometown discount empty, which everyone already knows anyway.

Top Bottom