• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dont know whos the dumber GM, Feaster for not accepting it or Holland for offering it.
To be fair, Nyquist wasn't on his shooting % defying monster run when that was offered.

Thornton on the Leafs should close the door on whatever debate is left over about whether the Burke/Nonis era was good for the club.

I get the need to add some veterans to the club, but Thornton is not the guy you go out and sign.

He'll be 37 in a few weeks. 37.
Doesn't seem like the Leafs are considering it, but if Dreger is saying "Why not for 1 or 2 years?" I doubt the Leafs are far behind

How anybody could even consider this is beyond me. Screw Holland. He's well past effective as a GM.

"He's coming off a real tough season," Holland said. "I know he's working really hard to try to get some leg strength to give himself the best opportunity he can for a bounce back year."

Holland is just great! Can't wait for 4 more years of this:

ClearyNailsFaceOnNet.gif

Wow. That's the first I've seen that. Insanity. Nyquist was the only reason they made the playoffs that year. Holland is nuts.

Good thing Feaster was somehow worse at his job.

This is just beyond sad, giving up on the kids way early to get a decent defenseman. Holland would have been run out of town when Nyquist and Tatar exploded in Calgary. I'm afraid about some of our other prospects now, he'll probably try to trade Jurco for Boyle's rights from the Isles.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lol he already gave Jarnkrok to Nashville for a 3rd line center.

4th-line winger at the end of the year, thank you very much. Don't forget about the 2nd-round pick he threw in, too. He's terrible. Most overrated GM in the league right now. He is clinging to a philosophy that worked over 5 years ago but the league has changed.

Lol he already gave Jarnkrok to Nashville for a 3rd line center.

4th liner who won't be resigned, I try to forget about that trade. The good news is that at least we don't have an internal budget and can spend freely unlike other teams. ;)

Seriously, this wouldn't be a proper offseason thread without Cleary being mentioned multiple times and complains about Holland doing a stupid trade/signing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Booth and Lieno are on waivers to be bought out.

Leino getting bought out is the most unsurprising move in hockey history.

Booth never really fit in well with the team/city and was constantly injured. Good luck in whatever red state he goes to.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can't wait to see what aging, slow, ineffective players Holland signs in free agency.

I also am hoping he doesn't make a trade. The guy has no clue what he's doing.

Leino getting bought out is the most unsurprising move in hockey history.

Booth never really fit in well with the team/city and was constantly injured. Good luck in whatever red state he goes to.

He's going to come back to Michigan, just you watch.

If that shit is real I wouldn't get too comfortable.

Oh I'm not, the Legwand trade proved his mind is somewhere else right now, though it didn't help that Legwand came over and didn't do too much and Babs didn't utilize him in the best way even though he was having a good year in Nashville.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hurricanes have asked for permission to talk to Ulf Samuelsson. He seems to be considered the front runner for the job.

TUSR

Banned
Just a recap here (From Murph's Twitter):

Canucks paying Ballard, Booth, and Luongo not to play in Vancouver. Gillis not to GM, and Torts not to coach.

Amazing organization. What a clusterf...

Calamari41

41 > 38
Going from playoff hockey to baseball and soccer is like taking a bucket of cold water to the face. Hey I have an idea for a sport: let's take hockey, expand the playing field fifteen times over, remove the skates and replace the ice with slow grass, replace the puck with a ball, and make them kick it slowly with their feet. And also apparently give the players cyanide capsules that break in their mouths any time another player goes near them.

I was in the airport yesterday during what was apparently an amazing game, and the crowd of US fans at the adjacent bar cheered two times during my two+ hours waiting there.

Giggzy

Going from playoff hockey to baseball and soccer is like taking a bucket of cold water to the face. Hey I have an idea for a sport: let's take hockey, expand the playing field fifteen times over, remove the skates and replace the ice with slow grass, replace the puck with a ball, and make them kick it slowly with their feet. And also apparently give the players cyanide capsules that break in their mouths any time another player goes near them.

I was in the airport yesterday during what was apparently an amazing game, and the crowd of US fans at the adjacent bar cheered two times during my two+ hours waiting there.

Get out!

Nothing beats the beautiful game, even hockey.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Bandy is more like soccer, but more awesome.

http://youtu.be/KUaxDB0ea3M

That looks really awesome, there's a sport I can get behind. I would imagine scoring is way more common too with that huge goal.

Also, the first goal in that video was scored by someone whose name is almost Mikhail Schtalenkov, which just reminds me how much I wanted him to have the starting goalie job over Guy Hebert back in the day.

Get out!

Nothing beats the beautiful game, even hockey.

Ducks-GAF imploding!

21095.gif

That's Clydefrog and Kaeptain in the car

King of the Hill says it best

Bandy is more like soccer, but more awesome.

http://youtu.be/KUaxDB0ea3M

Yes, this is soccer evolved!

Different tastes. Those same US fans find baseball appealing and that is the most coma inducing sport in the world.

Soccer is amazing, pretty much the whole world outside of the US gets it.

Plinko

I can easily solve this problem:

Soccer and Baseball are both terrible.

I watched the soccer game yesterday. Two exciting things happened all game. The entire time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Different tastes. Those same US fans find baseball appealing and that is the most coma inducing sport in the world.

Soccer is amazing, pretty much the whole world outside of the US gets it.

All joking aside, I honestly must have by chance never seen a good or even decent game.

And yeah, baseball is coma inducing much of the time. I used to bring my Gameboy to games when I had season tickets

Top Bottom