• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Quick

Banned
All you people on your fancy Wii-U's playing yer Mario Kart.

Well who needs that when you have left over pizza and reruns of King of the Hill?

giphy.gif

FYI, yesterday was an amazing day to go to Cedar Point, perfect weather, very small crowds/wait times. Longest wait was 30 minutes for the Maverick (Dragster was only 15 minutes!), and hit every coaster minus Blue Streak/Mine Cart ride. So much fun.

Now continue on with your Mario Cart junk or whatever else you were discussing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Full Rangers preseason schedule.

Monday September 22 vs. New Jersey Madison Square Garden 7:00 p.m.
Friday September 26 at Chicago Chicago, IL 7:30 p.m.
Monday September 29 vs. Philadelphia Madison Square Garden 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday September 30 at Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA 7:00 p.m.
Friday October 3 vs. Chicago Madison Square Garden 7:00 p.m.
Saturday October 4 at New Jersey Newark, NJ 7:00 p.m.

Still feels weird to be talking about next season getting started when we were just playing like a week ago.

Silexx

From Friedman's 30 thoughts:

16. In the middle of all the Jason Spezza rumours, he did a really nice thing for Sam Bennett. Bennett told reporters while attending Game 3 of the Stanley Cup final that Ottawa's captain (for now) reached out to him when news broke that the upcoming first-round pick couldn't do a single pull-up at the NHL combine. The two work out at the same gym. So what was said? "I don't really know Sam, but he is around the gym. So I called him because I felt bad for him," Spezza wrote by email. "I know the pressure he must be under before the draft."

17. He continued: "I told him that I have never really watched him play; the only reason why people are making a big deal about this is because you are an amazing player. [Don't] make what should be a positive life experience of getting drafted become a negative because of one test... I said he is probably well aware that he needs to work at his upper-body strength. Use the criticism constructively and use it to motivate, not to beat yourself up... My whole career people have told me about all the things I do wrong but it just drives me to get better... And I told him to own it, don't be cocky about the fact that you can't do a pull-up but don't run from it either... Anyways, that's kinda the Coles Notes version of my talk." That's great stuff. (Spezza responded through a third party -- no way he's giving me his email address right now.)

Good guy Spezza.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
More from the 30 thoughts regarding that apparent Vancouver proposal for the 1st pick:

One team that has definitely made an offer? Vancouver. I believe it included their first pick in this draft (which is sixth overall) and Hunter Shinkaruk, who was taken 24th in 2013. There was at least one other piece, probably off the main roster, but I can't pin it down. It's not Ryan Kesler, who won't go there.

On Philly:

Finally, there's Philadelphia. It would be a surprise if the Flyers, hosts of this draft, did not at least inquire about what it would take to get near the top -- if not right at it. This is a franchise unafraid to take bold swings.

Do ittttt

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Umberger and a 4th pick to the Flyers for Hartnell. Wow, would have guessed Hartnell could have brought in more than that. Weird trade.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol what a fleece job by Columbus.

The BJs are going to be a bitch ass team to play against for the next little while.

Hartnell
Dubinsky
Jenner
Horton
Johansen
Foligno

I don't see how this is a good trade for us. I'm going to miss Hartnell but I do feel a little excited/hopeful for Giroux to try out some new linemates. The 19/28/? shift wasn't working for a long time.

bigkrev

I don't ever post here, but I am so fucking happy the worthless sack of shit known as Scott Hartnell is no longer on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if it's a bad trade or what, I'm just so excited I don't have to see his stupid face falling down for the umpteenth time for the rest of my life!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Flyers' front office is slowly hitting Feaster-level.

Curufinwe

I don't ever post here, but I am so fucking happy the worthless sack of shit known as Scott Hartnell is no longer on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if it's a bad trade or what, I'm just so excited I don't have to see his stupid face falling down for the umpteenth time for the rest of my life!

Hextall must not have been a big fan of his, either.

Hartnell had a full NMC so the Flyers couldn't shop him around to the whole league. In the short term the team is worse, but four and five years from now we won't be stuck with a declining Hartnell. Hopefully this is the first part of trying to change the Flyers culture of leading the league in penalties every season.

Top Bottom