• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
phdzcy.gif

What was it that Heretic called it?

The Beautiful Game?

Heretic

Need someone to make a Hampus Lindholm cover.

Also tax time is coming up. Apart from paying off massive CC debt, I think it's time I finally decided on a proper 'current gen' console.

Xbone is winning because: Controller, Hrtc and *geek wheeze voice* my purchasssessss

<333333333333333333333333333333333333

Bq9DcZgCUAAjn_c.jpg:large

:D

Stastny is going to test free agency, saw that coming as you don't hold out on contract negotiations until the 20th unless you want to test the market, he said they'll circle back to Colorado and let them have the final offer. So basically, pay him close to what other teams are offering or he's gone, so he is as good as gone.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bq9DcZgCUAAjn_c.jpg:large

:D

Stastny is going to test free agency, saw that coming as you don't hold out on contract negotiations until the 20th unless you want to test the market, he said they'll circle back to Colorado and let them have the final offer. So basically, pay him close to what other teams are offering or he's gone, so he is as good as gone.

We have some sweet Brad Richards money to spread around here.

I'm not convinced stastny commands a crazy contract even from a desperate team. But, I do think he's done here. I'm not complaining but it would've been nice to get a trade out of it.

Hater.

I also don't know what a bogan is.

Start here at the middle class cashed-up bogan. And finish here at the lower class pond-scum bogan.

Fine, I'll rock the avatar.

I feel like a good guy, I'll water your glove in exchange for your hockey stick.

Pavel's gonna get it

I accept you and love you for who you are.

But the avatar looks like a goddamn bighead alien creature. Like HR Gigers MVPerry.

Quick

Banned
Quick can you Photoshop my avatar face on that avatar? I have been meaning to switch it up

Gonna be tough, but anything for you guys.

Except anal.

I accept you and love you for who you are.

But the avatar looks like a goddamn bighead alien creature. Like HR Gigers MVPerry.

Getzlaf would fit perfectly.

You've gone too far Quick. Which is exactly the right amount of far.

An RCbabu version. It's gonna happen.

Cake Boss

Banned
Can teams announce verbal agreements with players today in reaching a contract agreement? As long as they dont announce the numbers right?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ryan malone being bought out

And bolland was asking for just under $5 mil... For 7-8 years lol

How about $4 mil/5, Dave?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pierre LeBrun said:
The Ryan Callahan deal once finalized with Tampa will be six years x $5.8 M AAV with partial NTC
Yeesh. Rough contract.

And Pens finally get their coach:

Darren Dreger said:
I'm hearing Mike Johnston has agreed to a 3 year contract to coach the Pens. #TSN

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Another day, another "Holland wants to sign all the old guys" article written by a Wings beat writer. Le sigh.

The cash/term being thrown around re Bolland seems insane. Shouldnt a GM just give him at most a two year deal in order to see if he can recover fully from that injury?

More insane is that if those figures are true, he'd be the highest paid centre in the club.

Red_Man

So much money for Nikitin......and whoever backs up the brinks truck for Niskanen is going to regret it within 2 years, that's pretty obvious.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Cally got almost everything he wanted in the end. Hell, given Florida's lack of income tax he probably is making out even better than if he got 6+ from the Rangers.

The first 2-3 years or so of that contract will be great for the Lightning. It's what happens when his body wears down toward the back side of that contract because of the way he plays that's the problem. I'm curious what his NTC looks like as well. He wanted a full NMC from the Rangers, which was the big roadblock that forced Sather to move him.

That makes the final trade between the Rangers and Lightning:

NYR: Martin St. Louis and a 2015 2nd round pick
TBL: Ryan Callahan, 2014 and 2015 1st round picks, 2015 7th round pick

Red_Man

La Presse is saying that Bergevin is not offering Weaver a contract. Pretty surprising and disappointing, but hopefully that means the kids are going to get great chances at being regulars. This better mean that Cube is gone too.

I'll be working during the draft :(
I will still post rage posts if we pass on Ehlers
Likewise, although there's no player in particular I'm hoping for, so it's not a big deal to me. Just hope I don't miss another Schneider-trade moment.

Top Bottom