• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's so much more interesting following the NHL offseason compared to the MLB offseason thanks to the salary cap. Though I guess MLB is fun to follow in a different way, seeing how many arbitrary 0's they will add to a star's salary to keep him or poach him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're gonna trade you guys Vinny + 17th for Briere + 26th.
Finally, a proper French player to be named captain.

It was conditional. The Rangers made it to the Eastern Conference Final, so Tampa got their 2015 1st rounder.
Ah, I see that makes more sense. That's a steep price, but if they can take the experience they gained this year and use it, it should be worth it.

kingslunk

Reborn in the fire of Burns' love for Skylanders

necroverse stop girl bae >>>>

tumblr_n7ibmdeOXJ1rb0jvjo1_400.gif

Looks like Kaz in the beginning

Overpay for Boyle. That's my "stone cold lock" of the offseason.

Or Salo since they wanted him a few years ago.

Don't forget the impending Cleary signing which will make no sense at all and one that Ansar seems pretty confident will happen. :/

Apparently we will be a better team by keeping pretty much the same roster/signing old players who won't do much.

pringles

I'm so scared what Holland is going to do these next couple of days.
Me too. Sounds like he wants to trade but everyone is asking for one of the 4-5 "untouchable" kids we have. If he swings and misses on his top FA targets I'm afraid he'll pull the trigger on something that sends Nyquist, Tatar or Jurco out.

On defense Adam Almqvist has apparently signed in the KHL so he's out of the mix for a roster spot. Marchenko and Ouellet should have a good chance to make the team, hopefully both Kindl and Lashoff are gone.

Red_Man

Simmons just went at it with a stats guy on TSN radio, pretty amusing stuff. Recommended listening for Leaf fans once it's posted.

Edit: Sammy's a head of the game, I particularly enjoyed how Simmons feels that because Bolland scored that series winning goal, it seems to completely validate what he's asking for in his contract.

yyzjohn

Banned
Simmons just went at it with a stats guy on TSN radio, pretty amusing stuff. Recommended listening for Leaf fans once it's posted.

Edit: Sammy's a head of the game

Simmons is an idiot. Reminds of that guy who was in the original Degrassi Junior High show, "Alex"

Tac_46.png

Hey nerd, shut the fuck up!

Samyy

Edit: Sammy's a head of the game, I particularly enjoyed how Simmons feels that because Bolland scored that series winning goal, it seems to completely validate what he's asking for in his contract.

But Red
Bolland
final minute
Quenninville
Lets ignore Bolland's injury and his ridiculously high shooting % for the Leafs when he actually played this year.
1000% shooting percentage in the final minute of game six THATS YOUR STAT!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Or Salo since they wanted him a few years ago.

Don't forget the impending Cleary signing which will make no sense at all and one that Ansar seems pretty confident will happen. :/

Apparently we will be a better team by keeping pretty much the same roster/signing old players who won't do much.

The Cleary thing is mindboggling. Holland keeps floating this, "Well, we promised him we'd take care of him and other teams offered him 3-year deals," which is ludicrous. Cleary even said the Philly thing was a tryout and he failed. Plus, this is a business. You don't make ridiculous promises to washed up players who are three steps slower than everyone else on the ice and are injured half the year.

Red_Man

According to Simmons, Moen is our MVP since he's scored a cup winning goal. Please take him Leafs.

zroid

Banned

Agh with the mc79 dude, right. I wanted to listen to that segment, but forgot. Will check out later.

Silexx

We know 2/3 west teams for sure are Anaheim and St. Louis. Who could be the 3rd? And the eastern team? Eastern team won't be the Rangers.

You're referring to Spezza, right?

Travis Yost stated that the Eastern team is Florida. But I don't know if that's speculation or if he's got some insider info on this one.

Cake Boss

Banned
The other 3rd western team has to be one of Chicago, Dallas or Colorado has been rumored as well.

Didnt Kypreos just say last week that Tampa is really interested as well? Could explain the Malone buyout to free up some space for a center.

ZeroGravity

The other 3rd western team has to be one of Chicago, Dallas or Colorado has been rumored as well.

Didnt Kypreos just say last week that Tampa is really interested as well? Could explain the Malone buyout to free up some space for a center.
Malone was getting bought out either way, but with the Callahan signing we really wouldn't have room for Spezza considering we also need to fill holes in defense.

Razorskin

----- ------

Malone is garbage now as well as a coke felon.

Quick

Banned
Round 2: Selleck, Cosby, Getzlaf

ibcX2e22PylcEX.jpg

iqkoukdU7hnQ5.jpg

ibq0oWapR4jB0z.jpg

Apoc, their faces have to be at that angle for this to work. Tried to use your avatar image, sadly that was not effective.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's funny because for Getzlaf, you would only need to 'shop the beard on.

Poor Getzie =(

BTW I'm going to take him for a trial run here, thanks Quick my man. The Selleck one is a masterpiece

Quick

Banned
It's funny because for Getzlaf, you would only need to 'shop the beard on.

Poor Getzie =(

BTW I'm going to take him for a trial run here, thanks Quick my man. The Selleck one is a masterpiece

You're right. I didn't even think about doing something of a reverse of what I was doing initially. This looks so much better:

iXxSG3Wh3dmYf.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fellow Wings fans:

Ansar Kahn just said in the comments of his latest article that he gets the feeling Holland signs another defenseman and doesn't bring up any defensemen from GR next year.

:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom