• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
Take your rightful place, Kesler!

1607407_orig.jpg

Giggzy

What a great trade. We hang on to tiger woods, don't lose the 10th pick, and get kesler.

I'll miss bonino, sbisa not so much.

GM of the year

Fei

So Van is going to jump up and grab Reinhart at #1? I wonder if the Sabres look to drop down a bit if that happens.

zroid

Banned
Nonis is probably insane enough to draft Ho-Sang at #8. Too bad he has pretty much zero hope of reaching his potential within the Leafs system.

E-DuB

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through
KING KESLER NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 56s
Now that VAN has traded Kesler to ANA, hearing VAN still very active, may still be looking for No. 1 overall, perhaps trading Garrison.

MY HEART. I HAVE TO LEAVE FOR WORK IN AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nonis is probably insane enough to draft Ho-Sang at #8. Too bad he has pretty much zero hope of reaching his potential within the Leafs system.

I dont really trust our development system at all.

So they should just skip that and put him in the lineup

Curufinwe

Coyotes may be buying out ribeiro?

UFA Centers everywhereeeee

It would have to be a regular buyout but I guess they can afford it. Seems crazy, though.

Mike Ribeiro buyout from CapGeek.com

2014-15: $1,944,444
2015-16: $1,444,444
2016-17: $1,444,444
2017-18: $1,944,444
2018-19: $1,944,444
2019-20: $1,944,444

cube444

Did anyone really think teams were gonna top value for players with NMCs?

Not only that but I'm sure Kesler probably only wanted to go to 3 teams or so which made it even tougher.

Arms race is definitely going on in the West. Can't wait to see what Hawks and Kings do next. :lol

cube444

It would have to be a regular buyout but I guess they can afford it. Seems crazy, though.

Mike Ribeiro buyout from CapGeek.com

2014-15: $1,944,444
2015-16: $1,444,444
2016-17: $1,444,444
2017-18: $1,944,444
2018-19: $1,944,444
2019-20: $1,944,444

Gives him more time to focus on Portugal's World Cup run...

Kesler only wanted to go to Chicago or Anaheim apparently.

Didn't Ribeiro have a great contract year in Washington and then got a huge contract from Phoenix? He must've really regressed. I guess Caps fans are happy they didn't re-sign him, though they gave up Eakin and a 2nd rounder to get him in the first place.

cube444

Kesler only wanted to go to Chicago or Anaheim apparently.

Didn't Ribeiro have a great contract year in Washington and then got a huge contract from Phoenix? He must've really regressed. I guess Caps fans are happy they didn't re-sign him, though they gave up Eakin and a 2nd rounder to get him in the first place.

We're just glad that McPhee is finally fucking gone man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Uh.........................

At least Sbisa is Swiss I guess, but....

Uh.................................................

Time to wear my Kesler jersey today I guess.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lower return for Kesler then I thought, but the circumstances really hurt their bargaining power.

I'd take him because he's as talented as McDavid. Skill can't be taught, but you CAN make a person humble.

He's the only player in the draft likely to be a franchise player, imo.
You can't be serious.....

Kesler had an off-year with injuries and no line-mates. If he's healthy he could score 30.

Does Bonino slot into the 2C? Ehhhh

He's pretty good defensively, not the fastest skater but he's strong on them. He has a knack for scoring clutch goals.

Going to miss him.

But I guess I'll take Kesler.

Sbisa. Lol.

Checking in from the #305,Worldwide Chico #DALÉ Headquarters.

#DaléTallón was going in for Spezza but Spezza will not be traded within division.

More #BreakíngNews as it comes in.

DALÉ

Edit: Was not for deal involving 1st OV.

Top Bottom