• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Sens GM Bryan Murray says he had a deal that made sense potentially with Nashville for Spezza but Spezza wouldn't waive to go there

Sorry Cake Bawss

But Neal and Spezza would be a very good top two forwards for the Predators if they had it.

Cake Boss

Banned
I dont get why he wouldnt want to go there? a fairly competitive team that just got better and is getting better, changing their philosophy to basically more offense, no pressure from fans or media, and you already have Mike Fisher there you stupid cunt.

I dont get why he wouldnt want to go there? a fairly competitive team that just got better and is getting better, changing their philosophy to basically more offense, no pressure from fans or media, and you already have Mike Fisher there you stupid cunt.

Well, they've missed the playoffs the last two years

zroid

Banned

Plus there's the added bonus of never having to play against Shea Weber

Heretic

My "next NHL jersey" fund is torn between the new Ducks away jersey and a Capitals Nathan Walker jersey...

Do I dare forego my sanctuary of Anaheim to pledge support for my countryman?

How did you guys in other states/countries deal with this?
Ducks' away with Walker's name in the back!

Cake Boss

Banned
AJ Jakubec
‏@AJonSports
Told the Sens had two deals in place with teams who were on Jason Spezza's no-trade list. Bryan Murray confirmed Nashville was one of them.

AJ Jakubec
‏@AJonSports
Source told me this could drag into training camp unless Spezza expands his list. #Sens

ir9DmHK2HpMJW.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 14m
Preds GM David Poile confirms he had serious interest in dealing for Spezza but was told by Spezza camp he wouldn't go to Nashville

CUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

As a Blues fan, thank you.

Polak is extremely overrated by some Blues fans. For some reason, people think he's some big, physical, bruising player--he's not. If he wasn't as big as he is, they'd be calling him euro soft. They think he's a world-beater because he handily won a fight against Victor Stralberg. I think he proceeded to lose every fight after that. The Clifford fight was especially memorable. He's physically very strong (probably the strongest player the Blues had), but that doesn't always translate into being a physical player.

Yeah, he blocks some shots, but he's notorious for not picking his opportunities leading to players skating around him while he flops around on the ground.

He's an offensive blackhole. Every time he misses a few games, the Blues offense would get better. It was hilarious. He missed a 10 game stretch this year, and it was the best hockey the team player all year.

He's a serviceable, low-risk, low reward player who is what he is. You throw him on the ice and know he's not going to take a risk, which is unfortunately why he was leaned on too much by Hitchcock.

HFboards Blues fan.

Welp.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sather's comments today make it sound like he's ready to play hardball with almost all of the Rangers' free agents. Makes me think Pouliot is going to walk for bigger money.

Cake Boss

Banned
That might've been the trade for Spezza.

Forsberg+Del Zotto I bet.

I would have creamed.

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 52s
“I‘ve talked to Bryan about Jason and I was told through [Spezza’s] agent that he didn’t want to play for us." - Preds GM David Poile

You stupid cunt Spezza, now your stuck in Kanata for another year.

Wild took a bunch of late round flyers on decent scoring forwards with supposed character/work ethic issues.

Kind of interesting.

And for the first time since Fletcher was brought in five years ago, no Minnesotans were drafted by the Wild. I really expected them to nab one in the 7th. There were a few still available. But then they drafted a Czech, who have been sorely underrepresented in the Wild system for a while.

Sather's comments today make it sound like he's ready to play hardball with almost all of the Rangers' free agents. Makes me think Pouliot is going to walk for bigger money.

You know that's what he does. As for Pouliot, he was the least important member of that line and if he wants to go chase the money it's his and that team's funeral.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m
Predators are trying to trade Michael Del Zotto. #tvasports

Ha. Good luck, guys.

How low this kid has fallen. What the hell happened?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know that's what he does. As for Pouliot, he was the least important member of that line and if he wants to go chase the money it's his and that team's funeral.

How low this kid has fallen. What the hell happened?

I don't expect anything different from Sather. And I do kind of agree with him on Pouliot. I wouldn't give him more than 2, maybe 2.5 at most, but it sounds like he's getting offers of 3+, so the question is whether he decides to stay in a place where he seemingly finally found a home or if he just chases money and hopes for the best.

Top Bottom