• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Which Leaf fans were saying Gunnarson was your best / most consistent defenseman? :lol

ahahahahaha

who was that Leafs fan that made fun of Mike Green being the Caps' best defenseman too

also holy shit Jim Benning, I don't know what you're doing but I like you, I think.

Pikma

Banned
I'm not feeling that confident about DAL picks, I mean, 5 D's, really? DET on the other hand managed things better.
Brazil and Chile going to penalties!
Glad the world got to see real Alexis Sanchez fucking up that penalty shot, he's responsible for wasting that big of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Smiley90

Also, on the Canucks trading for Dorsett, some dude was overhearing a phone conversation between Linden and god knows who at JJ bean and scooped the entire draft for the Canucks. Among it, this gem, a question on Dorsett:

Michel Falcon @MichelFalcon
Follow
@TheFalconer hahaha he literally just said "is he a better human than kes?"

:lolololol Canucks mighty upset with Kes for wanting out :lololol

just woke up, saw the Kings traded Vey :( liked him quite a bit, Nucks fans should be happy

More important, finally fucking Baldur's Gate 2 is on sale, good lord. Now I can buy it for everyone I know.

Smiley90

just woke up, saw the Kings traded Vey :( liked him quite a bit, Nucks fans should be happy

More important, finally fucking Baldur's Gate 2 is on sale, good lord. Now I can buy it for everyone I know.

Everything I read seems to say the same. Good prospect but just no space on the Kings roster. I'm happy with it.

That also makes the trade Garrison & 7th for Vey :lol

Polak is concerning. Maybe it won't be so bad in the end, but it does not look good.

However Shanahan... oh gosh he's a complete idiot.

BOLLAND

BRODEUR

WTF

THIS IS WORSE THAN LAST YEAR

zroid

Banned
It's okay guys. Shanny just has the balls to tank in Toronto, unlike everyone else who's previously been in charge. McDavid (or Eichel at least) will be ours.

Everything I read seems to say the same. Good prospect but just no space on the Kings roster. I'm happy with it.

That also makes the trade Garrison & 7th for Vey :lol

If Richards had been bought out they would've kicked the wheels on him as a replacement, and a lot of people thought he could be a longterm replacement for Stoll when he walks next year. It's more likely he'll be an offensively slanted (and good) third line center, but there's a decent chance he pans out into more. Just don't have the roster space for him, yeah. Loktionov all over again.

Samyy

Next season was a lost cause already guys, just go do something else and take your mind off of it.
At least Polak has only 2 years on a cheap contract.
Broduer they wouldn't sign for more then 1 year and it would help the tank tremendously.

I still think Bolland will chase the money elsewhere.

Smiley90

There is a strong chance that 5 canadian teams will pick in the top 5 of the 2015 draft.

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver

Never count out the Jets, either.

But yeah, Buffalo and the Isles will most likely be tanking hard too.

Socreges

Banned
Also, on the Canucks trading for Dorsett, some dude was overhearing a phone conversation between Linden and god knows who at JJ bean and scooped the entire draft for the Canucks. Among it, this gem, a question on Dorsett:

Michel Falcon @MichelFalcon
Follow
@TheFalconer hahaha he literally just said "is he a better human than kes?"

:lolololol Canucks mighty upset with Kes for wanting out :lololol
Not so much for wanting out, but he limited their options to two teams, both in the same conference. Also he IS kind of a douche from everything we've ever heard about him. Though a douche that really wants to win and can be very valuable, especially in the playoffs.

Samyy

Havent bought a 3DS game in a while, any recommendations?
Already have Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, SMT 4, Zelda ALBW

Acid08

Banned
Seems like Sharks were targeting a couple guys who have a lot of even strength points, Goldobin and Sadowy were both near the top in the OHL.

Final count is 5 wingers, 2 D, and 1 C. And of all these players 6 of them are described as being at least above average speed-wise. Most of those 6 are said to be straight up fast so it seems the scouting staff is finally recognizing speed as one of the top priorities for drafting.

Haven't completely left their old ways though, they drafted Vanier, a gigantic slow dman, who says he models his game after Douglas Murray. Grrrreeeeaaaaaaaat. He had 36 points in 61 games though, so if you're going to draft yet another gigantic slow defender at least he seems pretty good at moving the puck. Maybe this one will work out better than Petrecki did.

zychi

Banned
So far, I'm pretty happy with the Hawks this season. Even tho we didn't get Kessler, we can keep Sharp now if we want.

Draft has been good too. 1st rounder being a kid who loves Chicago, AND a center? Really solid.

Can't go wrong with the Marios or Mario Kart 7. I've been playing the shit out of new Yoshi's Island, but no one else seems to like it like I do.

Cactus

Banned
Losing Gunnarsson hurts bad..

He took a noticeable step back this season, but it would have been nice to see if he could bounce back after hip surgery.

Polak is meh. I'm sure he'll be better than Gleason, but the trade just seems so unnecessary.

Acid08

Banned
Would be pretty cool if we had our own version of Toffoli-Carter-Pearson next season(or season after most likely) with Hertl-Thornton-Goldobin.

zroid

Banned

hni_0027_jpg3vkqp.jpg

Kessel has spoken

I'm not sure what's going on with Spezza. Is he unhappy and want out of Ottawa?

I know Kesler was unhappy about being in a rebuilding team. Not sure if it's the same as Spezza

According to an interview, Kesler wanted Chicago/Anaheim but he was only really asked to waive his NTC for Anaheim, may have waived it for other teams if it was presented

Marvie_3

Banned
ANIMAL CROSSING
So far, I'm pretty happy with the Hawks this season. Even tho we didn't get Kessler, we can keep Sharp now if we want.

Draft has been good too. 1st rounder being a kid who loves Chicago, AND a center? Really solid.

Phil Kessler?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Dastardly, it is absolutely fine for you to rep the Capitals in support of a countryman. I cheer for the Caps myself because my former college roommate and best man is a huge fan. Your reasoning is much better than that to begin with.

Plus, as someone else said, they never play each other anyway. You know who to root for when they do, too.

Socreges

Banned
According to an interview, Kesler wanted Chicago/Anaheim but he was only really asked to waive his NTC for Anaheim, may have waived it for other teams if it was presented
What does that even mean? Kesler and his agent were asked multiple times by Benning to add teams beyond Anahiem and Chicago, but they refused.

Fei

No one will out tank Buffalo, its just not possible.

This is correct. If the Sabres had 25 more points this year, they would have still been 3rd worst. And that Sabres team had Miller, Moulson, and Ott for the majority of the year. Next year's team will be worse.

What does that even mean? Kesler and his agent were asked multiple times by Benning to add teams beyond Anahiem and Chicago, but they refused.

Seems like it was implied he would have waived for other teams that weren't on his preferred list of two. Probably would have been cool with San Jose/Los Angeles or other good teams. Also said there were other teams earlier in the season but there were coaching changes that made him take them off.

Top Bottom