• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Samyy

hni_0028_jpgtpk2u.jpg

Bozak agrees

Not doing anything Bozak says to do >=(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm happy we probably won't be throwing money at Niskanen and have a solid top6....

OKAY YOU HEAR ME BENNING NO THROWING MONEY AT NISKANEN.

Also wait we drafted a 6'7 russian d-man with basically no points? .... Yeah that's not gonna work, Chara was a one-time event.

Samyy

Just get rid of Gleason somehow pls

Thanks for the all the suggestions btw, but decided to pass and buy some new books.
Let the Sanderson binge continue!

Smiley90

Unless we move out some bodies, no one.

Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly, Polak, Franson and Gleason.

The only uncertainties I see now are Franson and Gleason.

I was asking about the Leafs, not the Marlies

.... Oh.

On another note, I just found out not everyone knows what a London Fog is. Madness.

Socreges

Banned
Seems like it was implied he would have waived for other teams that weren't on his preferred list of two. Probably would have been cool with San Jose/Los Angeles or other good teams. Also said there were other teams earlier in the season but there were coaching changes that made him take them off.
Again, this doesn't make sense. Benning and Kesler's agent spoke daily - Benning would request that the list be expanded and they declined. If he would have been "cool" waiving for other teams then he would have included them on his list. Benning isn't going to go deep into negotiations with teams that Kesler has explicitly excluded.

Mentok

Banned
Rumours out of MTL are that there's strong interest in Gorges. If that happens then I guess Emelin would finally be playing on his proper side (that's gotta be some improvement), but then they'd need a good shot-blocking D man to step up. Besides, I think our biggest weakness is our top-6 offence (I believe we ranked among the bottom for puck and zone possession last seasona).

I'm not sure what's going on with Spezza. Is he unhappy and want out of Ottawa?

I know Kesler was unhappy about being in a rebuilding team. Not sure if it's the same as Spezza

According to an interview, Kesler wanted Chicago/Anaheim but he was only really asked to waive his NTC for Anaheim, may have waived it for other teams if it was presented

hope we also land him or stastny

Again, this doesn't make sense. Benning and Kesler's agent spoke daily - Benning would request that the list be expanded and they declined. If he would have been "cool" waiving for other teams then he would have included them on his list. Benning isn't going to go deep into negotiations with teams that Kesler has explicitly excluded.

You're right I misread it. Two teams this time. Previously he had others he would have been fine with but they had coaching changes.

jaybeeze

I'm happy we have a solid top6....

But do we?

What's our 2nd line, Bonino plus 2 of Burrows/Higgins/Hansen/Kassian/Santo maybe? It's still the same merry-go-round of fringe 2nd line/3rd line wingers, just a different centre, albeit a centre that passes. Maybe Booth would've found success with him but too late for that. Don't really have rookies that could just jump into a 2nd line winger role either. Zalewski? Fox? yikes.

I'd prefer if we somehow landed a real top 6 winger to play with Bonino so we don't completely waste his talents with the likes of above. It's what we did with Kesler.

Mentok

Banned
It's when you let your cum evaporate into a girl's eye.

Go see your doctor....like right now....

I feel sorry for the Sens, they have a penchant for stars wanting out and it always turns ugly pretty fast...but every Sens fan knows it's not really Murray, it's Melnyk. The guy's an idiot as an owner.

Smiley90

But do we?

What's our 2nd line, Bonino plus 2 of Burrows/Higgins/Hansen/Kassian/Santo maybe? It's still the same merry-go-round of fringe 2nd line/3rd line wingers, just a different centre, albeit a centre that passes. Maybe Booth would've found success with him but too late for that. Don't really have rookies that could just jump into a 2nd line winger role either. Zalewski? Fox? yikes.

I'd prefer if we somehow landed a real top 6 winger to play with Bonino so we don't completely waste his talents with the likes of above. It's what we did with Kesler.

sorry, by top6 I meant 6 d-men.

Our forward lines are still terrible.

Also Horvat might well make it to the second line wing next season. Something like Higgins-Bonino-Horvat. Otherwise Horvat might be 3C and Kassian plays wing on the 2nd, who knows.

Samyy

Shanahan giving me mixed messages here
First says all that stupid stuff about Broduer and Bolland, then saying July 1st isn't a day teams should be looking to really improve their team.

What are you going to do Shanahan?!?!
Alright Samyy, I know you can't resist Reimer's charms
Okay, Reims and I both approve of Sanderson. It's cool.

Just not my type of game :p
And yea, blazed through the Mistborn books (including Alloy of Law), the Stormlight books and just picked up Warbreaker and Elantris today.

Since I can't don't have time for season tickets I am going to just get a 10-game plan. Not sure what games I want to go to. At least one Ducks and Sharks games each. Habs, Pens, and Blackhawks...

I'm going to create a thread about Nathan Walker in OT because if the NBA can get an OT for every small thing that happens then surely the first Australian drafted in the NHL is a big enough deal to warrant one

Samyy

If it wasn't drugs it was alcohol or something, definitely sounded that way.
Which really sucks because he has three kids, hopefully he gets himself together.

They really made it sound like he has a drug problem with the way they worded their statement.

It came across to me like "He keeps making fun of the Arizona Coyotes... We knew what we were getting into when he kept snickering every time he mentioned the fans"

I love my North Stars but not enough to spend 30+ hours in planes/airports to get there.

Pfft, some fan you are! I fly to every Ducks home game, I just don't post about it is all!

Ah I missed that!

According to this article, he was also just flat out being a dick

His past track record with coach Dave Tippett in Dallas made the management and coaching staffs believe they could handle whatever issues arose, but a source told FOX Sports Arizona that Ribeiro was late for practices, missed meetings, missed buses and even engaged in a shouting match with Tippett in the locker room after a game in Colorado.

Ribeiro had some marital issues as well and he never seemed to click with any of his linemates, managing just 16 goals and 47 points in 80 games. With his team chasing a playoff spot late in the season, Tippett benched Ribeiro for games at Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

Top Bottom