• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

@hfialkov: Have a feeling we'll be getting Jovo news tomorrow or Monday. #FlaPanthers

Sounds like a buyout and or retirement. Love Jovo for all he's done and meant in the org but he isn't a NHLer anymore. Even after coming back he was mentally too slow to compete.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rumours out of MTL are that there's strong interest in Gorges. If that happens then I guess Emelin would finally be playing on his proper side (that's gotta be some improvement), but then they'd need a good shot-blocking D man to step up. Besides, I think our biggest weakness is our top-6 offence (I believe we ranked among the bottom for puck and zone possession last seasona).
I'd rather move Gorges than Emelin, Emelin was awful the majority of last season, but I still think he can bounce back. Shot blocking is over rated, and usually implies you don't have the puck as much as the other team. There have been reports that Bergevin is trying to find another top 6 forward too.

Mentok

Banned
I'd rather move Gorges than Emelin, Emelin was awful the majority of last season, but I still think he can bounce back. Shot blocking is over rated, and usually implies you don't have the puck as much as the other team. There have been reports that Bergevin is trying to find another top 6 forward too.

I agree with the move too. I think Gorges can get more in return, but Emelin (despite flaws) has good upside and can play better on his natural side. I don't know if they'll squeeze Gio, but I'd say they're better off without him. If they can find a taker for Bourque, then that should clear up enough cap space to make a push for a good ufa.

Red_Man

If we get a top 4 D / top 6 winger I wouldn't expect it to be a UFA signing. Bergevin has shown he's not willing to overpay to get guys at this time of year, seems like he's looking to move some players.

786706453341097282.gif

wrestling is so fucking lame my god

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Flyers offered Luke Schenn and Vinny for #1 overall.

What a deal!
They just signed him and they want to trade him after one season...
And they thought that was enough for 1st overall...
Just offer sheet Subban and hope he signs it. I mean, he used to play in net in Philly anyways.

So many Wild fans bitching about the draft. Why? Not because of lack of quality to the picks.

But because we didn't draft a single Minnesotan. This entire draft is terrible, nobody is good, because we didn't take anybody born here.

Smfh.

zroid

Banned
So Nonis himself believes Gunnarsson will be a more effective defenceman next season than he was the last. Nice.

Tank hard, baby.

Red_Man

So many Wild fans bitching about the draft. Why? Not because of lack of quality to the picks.

But because we didn't draft a single Minnesotan. This entire draft is terrible, nobody is good, because we didn't take anybody born here.

Smfh.
This guy.

m.ottawasun.com/2014/06/28/sharks-must-make-a-decision-on-joe-thornton

The Panthers had pretty serious offers for the No. 1 selection Friday night and GM Dale Tallon had pause for thought. The Canucks and Flyers both made a strong push to get the selection while the Leafs were also trying to move up from No. 8. Philly wanted to make a splash with the draft in its hometown. There was some talk the Flyers may have tried to package up Luke Schenn and little-used centre Vinny Lecavalier. The Panthers felt it was more valuable to keep the pick and take Aaron Ekblad.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Smfh.

Glad another fanbase has to deal with that.

Red_Man

Bob McKenzie said:
BUF has initiated compliance buyout procedures on Christian Ehrhoff. Not official just yet but BUF has begun the process.
That's surprising. He should garner quite a bit of interest.

Fei

What. The. Fuck.

???

He was easily our best defenseman! And tradable if you wanted to get rid of him. What the fuck.

Red_Man

How long until Philly offers him a max contract?

What. The. Fuck.

???

He was easily our best defenseman! And tradable if you wanted to get rid of him. What the fuck.
Come on down to Buffalo Connor McDavid!

Fei

We didn't need to drop Ehrhoff to be the worst. We were the worst with him. By far!

The Cult of Tim Murray is going to take a serious hit from this one. Terrible move. I'm sitting here hoping for McKenzie to say he made some mistake.

It's possible no one wanted to share the cap penalties when he retires.

The cap recapture penalty wouldn't even have been that bad with a few more years.

Wild are targeting Vanek and Iginla at forward, Niskanen on defense according to our beat writer.

Kind of intrigued by the most famous Wild killer ever in Jarome Iginla. Still not a huge fan of him after the Johnson incident a few years ago but that's not something to begrudge him for I suppose.

This guy.

Glad another fanbase has to deal with that.

Is your stuff actual Montreal born players or just Quebec as a whole?

Minnesota had a bunch of solid players this year but most of them were playing for the USNTDP rather than high school. High school kids projected to go second or third round didn't go until the 4th or 5th, leaving tons of Minnesota fans freaking out because we could have "stolen" them.

Lol Flyers offered Luke Schenn and Vinny for #1 overall.

What a deal!

I'm starting to think Hextall might be worse than Holmgren. First that laughably bad Hartnell for Umberger trade and now this? Florida wouldn't even take that deal if it was simply Philly giving them the 17th, Schenn and Vinny for free.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'd be happy if the leafs went after ehrhoff

Probably the only FA I can say is probably worth the risk

But they'll probably sign Boyle to a mega contract

Smfh.

According to the Pittsburgh media, the primary reason Shero was fired is because he didn't draft Saad or John Gibson, both Pennsylvania natives.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Wild are targeting Vanek and Iginla at forward, Niskanen on defense according to our beat writer.

Kind of intrigued by the most famous Wild killer ever in Jarome Iginla. Still not a huge fan of him after the Johnson incident a few years ago but that's not something to begrudge him for I suppose.

Is your stuff actual Montreal born players or just Quebec as a whole?

Minnesota had a bunch of solid players this year but most of them were playing for the USNTDP rather than high school. High school kids projected to go second or third round didn't go until the 4th or 5th, leaving tons of Minnesota fans freaking out because we could have "stolen" them.

All of Quebec.

Fei

Tim Murray must be thinking.. You other teams think you can tank? This is how to fucking tank. Who has talent on my team? Get rid of them. All of them.

Next year is going to be a treat.

DopeyFish

I'm going to go out on a limb here.... But maybe why they bought out ehrhoff was because buffalo knows they arent going to be good and ehrhoff joined when they were trying to become a great team and that isn't going to happen soon.

They are probably going to make cap dump trades to pump up their prospects and picks but none of the teams they were talking to either had no interest or very little flexibility (defense as a strong suit)

Ehrhoff leaving gives buffalo almost $20 million just to get to the floor. So I am willing to bet they are going to be taking bad contracts starting tomorrow.

HFboards is saying he was untradable from buffalo perspective because if he retires on another team before his last year with $1 mil salary, buffalo gets nailed $10 million

Red_Man

Shame we don't have the cap space to afford him, Ehrhoff would be a great addition for us.

The 4th Period said:
Teams like Detroit, Dallas, Colorado & Anaheim inquired about Ehrhoff prior to the trade deadline. I'm sure all 4 and more will inquire now

The Senators shouldn't sign Ehrhoff, they should ask him to buy the team.
:lol :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking mentally challenged Leaf fans. Since we have one of the biggest if not the biggest bases, you get a ton of fucking idiots.

"management sucks cause we didn't take a Canadian"
"We need more grit and toughness, not another soft European"
"Why didn't we draft size?"

Just more and more of this stupid shit in the comments when I was reading more on the Nylander's drafting.

If you want toughness, let's get a bunch of Orrs then. That'll really fucking help. Also, we have a bunch of Canadians and quite a bit of supposed toughness if you look at our fights and PIMs. But NOOOOO. Let's just stick to more fucking Canadians and good ol Ontario and Mimico boys. Just give Cuntson the C, and put him on the first line with Bolland and Orr and be done with it.

DopeyFish

Fucking mentally challenged Leaf fans. Since we have one of the biggest if not the biggest bases, you get a ton of fucking idiots.

"management sucks cause we didn't take a Canadian"
"We need more grit and toughness, not another soft European"
"Why didn't we draft size?"

Just more and more of this stupid shit in the comments when I was reading more on the Nylander's drafting.

If you want toughness, let's get a bunch of Orrs then. That'll really fucking help. Also, we have a bunch of Canadians and quite a bit of supposed toughness if you look at our fights and PIMs. But NOOOOO. Let's just stick to more fucking Canadians and good ol Ontario and Mimico boys. Just give Cuntson the C, and put him on the first line with Bolland and Orr and be done with it.

The examples in this post is basically all taken from the comment section from the Sun, yes?

I always need to point out to these knuckleheads.... How often do you see the best players in the NHL fight let alone bodycheck?

Buffalo.

Ooops.

We will give you Phaneuf, Gleason and Clarkson to feel better

Top Bottom