• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto fans overhyping prospects again.

There's probably only one or two players out of this draft that will make an immediate and tangible impact. Sam Reinhart and Aaron Ekblad. And even the Ekblad I'm not so sure of.

Maybe a couple more, but I really doubt it will anyone in the bottom 25 of the draft.
Coming from a person who overhypes everything in their own organization as well?

DESTINY!!!!! Releases Sept 9, 2014

Merguson

Banned
No ones overhyping anyone, they're just joking around dude.

What do you mean?

NrWKjNc.png

Get hyped!

Tabris

That wasn't overhyping. We were serious Stanley Cup contenders for 3+ years there.

Now it's about whether we can even make the playoffs to have a chance at things going right to make it to the Stanley Cup. It's more about hoping for the miracle then believing in a destiny now.

Isn't linden vey the most nhl ready centre? He put up like b2b ppg seasons in the ahl now

I'm not sure what the Nucks center situation is entirely, but he's undersized and not very good in his own zone, so you can't really do much with him unless there's a line you can protect him on. Or you have a third line that is all offense. Very creative offensively and a great setup guy tho.

Stasis

So Dominic Moore is looking for 3 years at 1.6-1.85m, and the Rangers aren't paying that. Seems he's walking on Tuesday.

The Rangers are also looking into Devils Mark Fayne and Ryan Carter, Fayne as a Stralman replacement, Carter as a Moore replacement.

Was hoping to keep one of Boyle/Moore.

This offseason really is going to suck. I don't think we're replacing our lost talent and chemistry easily.

That wasn't overhyping. We were serious Stanley Cup contenders for 3+ years there.

Now it's about whether we can even make the playoffs to have a chance at things going right to make it to the Stanley Cup. It's more about hoping for the miracle then believing in a destiny now.

Canucks = Destiny

Rumors intensifying that Niemi is being shopped. Not sure why they'd want to trade him right now. Can't be much value there with the goalie market the way it is.

Remember when Niemi came in as the goalie that's never lost a playoff series?

Anyways. Just get Hiller. He can join his buddy Joe Thornton

So Dominic Moore is looking for 3 years at 1.6-1.85m, and the Rangers aren't paying that. Seems he's walking on Tuesday.

The Rangers are also looking into Devils Mark Fayne and Ryan Carter, Fayne as a Stralman replacement, Carter as a Moore replacement.

I hear Aaron Rome is available. AV's favourite player!

I'm not sure what the Nucks center situation is entirely, but he's undersized and not very good in his own zone, so you can't really do much with him unless there's a line you can protect him on. Or you have a third line that is all offense. Very creative offensively and a great setup guy tho.

Sounds like another Hodgson (small, good offence, questionable defence). Nevertheless, I'm excited to have him.

Jay Durant ‏@GlobalDurant 45m
Ryan Miller and his wife spotted getting off an L.A. Flight at YVR this afternoon. #goalieofthefuture? #canucks

Uh-oh.

Tabris

I don't mind Miller depending on contract. He's got potential to steal a bunch of games for you if he plays like he did 3-4 years ago.

jaybeeze

Probably more like

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Bonino-Kassian
Horvat-Matthias-Hansen
Sestito-Richardson-Dorsett

D-lines you're probably right about. I still hope we sign Hiller, but that'd mean we might lose Markstrom to waivers... not sure. Sbisa/Stanton/Corrado could all be 7C, they're all young and might rotate through that spot to see who plays best.

EDIT: I also hope we resign Santorelli, not just in case Horvat doesn't make it out of camp.

What about Vey, lol. We gave up Garrison for this guy. Benning's already slotted him in a third line role with the potential to play on the 2nd line.

Pickles says he's not very good defensively, so idk if we risk him playing 2nd line minutes. But we have so many damn 3rd line centres, lol. Schroeder, Richardson, Matthias, possibly Horvat or Gaunce? That's why I don't really see the need for Schroeder or Santo.

If anything, Vey/Horvat/Gaunce would probably be shifted to wing.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Burrows - Bonino - Vey
Kassian- Horvat/Matthias - Higgins
Gaunce - Richardson - Dorsett

And yeah, I'd prefer Hiller over Miller.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs finally looking to trade the human cliche machine, Josh Gorges? Thank fuck.

Gives me confidence in Bergevin considering coaches and management love Gorges. Says they're probably looking toward better puck movement on the back end over "intangibles" that Gorges brings.

Top Bottom