• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

RC

Banned
Trade away Kesler and Garrison for cap space and restocking the farm and then give crappy rebuild-destroying deals to Miller and Iginla? Please no.

It might be worth it to have Iggy just to see the look on Cowtown's face. Like when we had Sundin.

Tabris

If Benning can convince Miller and Iginla for a 1-2 year on the promise we are going to make a run at it. Why not? If the contract is any longer, then please no.

Tabris

FYI, they didn't trade away Ryan Kesler for cap space. They traded him because Ryan Kesler didn't want to play here.

I think you will see a balanced approach here to building a team that can hopefully make the playoffs while keeping farm stocked. Is it the best approach? Debatable. Always sound wonderful to tank 2-3 years to get amazing picks, but I can think of only 2 teams that worked out for - Chicago and Pittsburgh, and both got lucky (PIT got the lockout pick at lottery). Think of all the teams that didn't work out for? Like EDM, FLA, ARZ, etc.

Miller doesn't have many options. No contenders need a starter at his age. I hope he settles for less, because the Canucks don't really need him.

With the cap space they have, why not go for a UFA goalie and a top-six winger? They're pretty set at the other positions. Signing older veteran players puts a different voice in the room.

If I know Miller though, he sounds like he'll ask for a lot and doesn't seem like the best teammate to have.

EDIT: What is Tampa doing.

One of the best kept secrets in the league. He's been the perfect 4th line center here for years. You're going to really like him.

YAYYY

That answers my "Who's going to be our 4th line center" question. I really thought it would have to be Rackell again.

We'll fill him with much adoration.

Just saw his stats. Not bad.

HELLO MR THOMPSON

jMIdEHkHNsDVM.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm sure Yzerman wants another of our Dmen.

He already has Salo and Garrison.

Maybe we can interest him in... do we still have Alberts under contract?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That sundin signing was a waste of everything :(
Eh I heard a lot about this. While he didn't have the greatest season with them, the Sedins credited him with making them into who they are. I think it was worth it to take him on if it meant a net positive influence on their future stars.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You know, all these avatars looking the same is making it REALLY hard to follow these messages and who's talking to who, haha. I think y'all went a bit overboard.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know, all these avatars looking the same is making it REALLY hard to follow these messages and who's talking to who, haha. I think y'all went a bit overboard.

I don't know what you're talking about, my avatar is unique

Giggzy

Ducks ever going to improve the D?

We did. We got rid of Sbisa.

I kid.

Murray has been preaching a lot about the importance of a great D man. Winning the cup is nearly impossible without one. I hope we can, but who's available? And what would we need to give up?

Top Bottom