• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lupul for Gorges?

FLEECED
I get he feeling if this happened that your coach would quickly lose his patience with Lupul...

He'd be the new whipping boy for sure.

That said. I'm not against this trade at all. It'd clear some cap space, provide us a relatively reliable defender, and allow us to either move Franson to the third pairing or trade him altogether.

Cactus

Banned
Boyle is intriguing only because it would probably be a short-term deal. I'd take him for 1-2 years as a last resort, even though the cap hit will probably be a bit high.

Priority #1 should be Ehrhoff, though...super small chance he'd come to Toronto, but I wouldn't look at any other options until I'm 100% sure.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You think we'll be able to compete this year?

Define "compete."

We're still going to have Henrik Lundqvist, a killer D corps, and St. Louis, Kreider, Hagelin, Stepan, Nash, Brassard, Zuccarello, etc. up front at least. We'll certainly be in play for the division.

Are we going to be a favorite to come out of the conference? Not fucking likely.

Samyy

Define "compete."

We're still going to have Henrik Lundqvist, a killer D corps, and St. Louis, Kreider, Hagelin, Stepan, Nash, Brassard, Zuccarello up front at least. We'll certainly be in play for the division.

Are we going to be a favorite to come out of the conference? Not fucking likely.

Uhm, no one in the East is that great. Rangers will definitely have a shot, relative to the rest of the Eastern conference.
Though Detroit should be better, they can't have that many injuries again & I think Columbus gets better too.

Realistically its you, the Bruins, the Habs and maybe Detroit.
I don't know what to expect from Tampa, them sophomore slumps could hit hard.

You think we'll be able to compete this year?

Henrik is Henrik. Will we be legitimate contenders for the cup? I'm gonna say probably not. I think they go into the season with what they got and then assess from there/try to add pieces at the deadline. Guys like Step and Brassard need to hit another level, and we need production from young players on ELCs. Nash needs a big season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Uhm, no one in the East is that great. Rangers will definitely have a shot, relative to the rest of the Eastern conference.

Right now we're looking like a potentially weaker team than we had last year, and there's no way we would have come out of the conference if Montreal didn't take care of Boston for us.

Not saying it's impossible, and that's why I'm also saying we'll be in play to win the division since the Penguins seem like a little bit more of a question mark than usual so far, but I would be surprised if we go as far as we did last season.

Then again, free agency hasn't even started yet. :D

Mentok

Banned
Apparently they had a trade lined up at the draft and Gorges was asked to waive but refused. Fuck you Gorges and your shitty ass leadership speeches. If we can move him, then I wouldn't mind bringing in Boyle as much.

As much as I don't think we'd NEED Boyle, he could be that 6th guy who provides stability while we let the rookies learn the ropes rather than letting them struggle without a viable option. See Toronto for what happens to kids when you don't have a good vet to come in and play. As for all these rumours, I don't know what to believe but if it's true that Gorges refused then he completely forgot what city he plays in. The MTL media bashes the Habs like pros and the fans can be the loudest hecklers when they choose to be. He may want to reconsider...

Stet

Banned
Leafs offering bolland 5x5

*vomit*

image.php

cube444

Leafs offering bolland 5x5

*vomit*

Bleacher Report was bang on:

What he's worth:In a world grounded in logic and sanity, Dave Bolland is worth a short-term contract for about $3 million per season. But in a world in which the Maple Leafs are willing to throw money at grit and heart, a player coming off a serious Achilles injury may get around $5 million per season. Free agency. Catch the fever.

Yup, Shanahan is an idiot.

I'm still thankful for the couple months where there was a chance the org would change for the better. It was nice to hope.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Trading Lupul makes zero sense, we have no forwards.

Well yea thats why I would prefer Boyle though, short-term so the next GM won't have to deal with that shit long.
Not like he was around much of the season anyways.

Sign another forward and test one of the Marlies out there.

Lol next GM. Shanaplans is to run this franchise into the ground at this point. Bolland 5x5?! They got today to do it....PLEASE DON'T DO IT...! MAH HEART....HNNNGGGGGGHHH

Merguson

Banned
Not like he was around much of the season anyways.

Sign another forward and test one of the Marlies out there.

Lol next GM. Shanaplans is to run this franchise into the ground at this point. Bolland 5x5?! They got today to do it....PLEASE DON'T DO IT...! MAH HEART....HNNNGGGGGGHHH

Bolland wants more years and more money than that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
$5 M per for Bolland ? Ahahahahahahahaha that's amazing.

Equally amazing is Niskanen's agent said he can get a 7 year contract easily, whichever dumbass GM hands that out will regret it soon. Can't wait for the next lockout.

cube444

Equally amazing is Niskanen's agent said he can get a 7 year contract easily, whichever dumbass GM hands that out will regret it soon. Can't wait for the next lockout.

Caps will hand that out man. :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Friedman, the Leafs have made a few pitches for Gorges over the last few years. Interesting, hopefully they can convince him to waive.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Red Wings beat writers are already saying Detroit would give him a 7-year deal :/

Hopefully they don't offer him enough money.

Top Bottom