• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Let us all pray that there are GMs stupid enough out there to do it

And here I was thinking Ducks-gaf was kinda cool

Just joking of course. He ain't worth more than $3-4m a year for say 3 years.

We're not kinda cool. We're kinda real cool.

70342823_f2cee766c2_z.jpg

Fei

Tim Murray also looking at bringing Moulson back. Same with Ott. I'd be happy with either, but I'd be pretty surprised if any UFA with options would choose Buffalo.

Jamie McBain not qualified. Fuck yeah. Dude was a trainwreck all year. Worst defenseman on the worst team.

Fei

Jamie McBain not qualified. Dude was a trainwreck all year - the worst defenseman on the worst team. At least some good news.

Ott to retire and stop bothering the league.

I'm cool with him being a pest. Hate when my team's players take dangerous cheap shots. On that note, Kaleta will probably be back with Buffalo next year. :\

cube444

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN · 5m
Caps asst coach Todd Reirden says he'll make phone calls to D Brooks Orpik, Matt Niskanen to try convincing them to sign in DC #CapitalsTalk

Bye bye Mike Green.

Red Wings beat writers are already saying Detroit would give him a 7-year deal :/

Hopefully they don't offer him enough money.

Didn't see that they would do 7 years... Right now though it looks like Boyle has some interest in us which sucks! Though we are highly interested in the German.

Mentok

Banned
According to Friedman, the Leafs have made a few pitches for Gorges over the last few years. Interesting, hopefully they can convince him to waive.

Thankfully it's only a limited NMC, so here's hoping other teams have interest in him as well. I just don't see him waiving.

Depending on which one of the kids make it to the big team, our roster SHOULD potentially look like this next season:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
F/A-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett
Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
Weber

FA Starter
Lack

I guess it depends on who they sign, but this isn't a bad lineup. If the top line bounces back, Kassian takes a big step forward, and Edler regains his form the Canucks could make the playoffs. They're still far off from contending though.

They'd have to play like last season to enter the McDavid sweepstakes, and I doubt that'll happen.

Mentok

Banned
Habs threatening Gorges with waivers if he doesn't waive. :lol

That's a crazy move if true. So Bergevin is saying he's willing to just give away Gorges for nothing? I don't buy it. There are other players that deserve that treatment before Gorges does. It's also interesting how silent the Gio news has been...I guess we're not considering him coming back at all.

cube444

That's a crazy move if true. So Bergevin is saying he's willing to just give away Gorges for nothing? I don't buy it. There are other players that deserve that treatment before Gorges does. It's also interesting how silent the Gio news has been...I guess we're not considering him coming back at all.

More:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie now
Only solution at this point IMO would appear to be MTL finding trading partner with 1 of 15 teams on Gorges' approved list. All 15 in U.S.

Top Bottom