• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Merguson

Banned
He was playing on the 4th line 90% of the time... if he gets as much pts as Raymond last year (aka. 3rd line mins) and keeps finishing his checks. I'm OK with 3mil

It's definitely a waste of money if he's slotted in the same role. I'll wait and see if there's a bigger role for him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Also Komarov and Robidas are both guys that would garner interest at the deadline, they are definitely tradeable pieces.

This day could have gone way worse, I'm gonna stop nitpicking the meh stuff because who cares we didn't get completely fucked.
Leafs seemed to have avoided a lot of easy fuck ups. That should be a victory in itself.

Mentok

Banned
What do you want for Budaj?

Budaj will probably go for future considerations, it's more about moving up Tokarski. I think MB is done for the day. He'll focus on signing Subban, then probably figure out what to do with Moen and about getting a top 6 winger via trade.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How did Tanner "can't play hockey" Glass get a better deal?

This is a good fucking question. The thing I don't understand about that contract is we just dumped off Dorsett who had a very similar contract money-wise, just for 1 year instead of 3. It seemed like we were getting rid of him as a salary dump, so to just sign Glass to basically the same money seems weird.

Giggzy

Work production has been shit today. And with the USA game right after lunch things aren't going to get better. Sorry boss

pringles

Nearly every single guy you referenced was rumored or confirmed to have been offered more money and years by Detroit and turned it down to play elsewhere. That's Holland's fault for building a team nobody wants to play for.
Again I disagree that no one wants to play for us. Can't compete with guys choosing other locations for family reasons for example. None of the signings and trades made today really makes sense for us to do.

Only Stralman apparently rejecting us makes me scratch my head. Or if Niskanen comes in and 5-6 million instead of the rumored 8 million.

edit: I see Stralman was signed. Yep, 5 years doesn't make any sense for Detroit. Marchenko, Backman, Ouellet and Sproul could all be better in 2-5 years.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
After all that buzz that the Isles were gonna make a serious run at some big names, we got an AHL D-Man and a backup goalie. Feels bad, man.

ShaneB

I've always cared about soccer dude.

but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

THAT FUCKING POST

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

iCE8bvwNiy7kB.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Again I disagree that no one wants to play for us. Can't compete with guys choosing other locations for family reasons for example. None of the signings and trades made today really makes sense for us to do.

Only Stralman apparently rejecting us makes me scratch my head. Or if Niskanen comes in and 5-6 million instead of the rumored 8 million.

Ehrhoff? Boyle?

Top Bottom