• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Curufinwe

After all that buzz that the Isles were gonna make a serious run at some big names, we got an AHL D-Man and a backup goalie. Feels bad, man.

Chad Johnson is a great backup, one of three on my list of targets along with Montoya and Greiss. Flyers don't have anyone signed and they still have Vinny.

Samyy

Our bergmann pick this year is faster than stalberg

William Nylander and Pierre Engvall are untouchables. That's right, our 7th round selection is UNTOUCHABLE.

Andreas Johnson SHL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!!

Frattin-Holland-Komarov. Not an easy line to play against, has speed and can hit. Should make a decent third line.

Lets be real Holland will be stuck on the 4th line with Orr and FML

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

bell_ringer.gif

So as of now, the following teams in the west are contenders that have improved:

Ducks
Stars
Wild

The Avs and Blues may have moved laterally (losing Miller, Stastny; adding Stastny, Iginla). The Canucks and Flames both got better in net but are not in legitimate contention.

The drama and entertainment in the west is about to hit a whole new level.

At least I called Iginla to the Avs, that's something right? He was good for Boston last year, Avs PR likes to throw around leadership with anyone over 30, but he actually brings it, not sure how it'll work out, but I'm happy.

Tabris

So Canucks have same issue they've had for a long time. No real winger to play with the Sedins.

Burrows is good and all, and has good chemistry with Sedins, but I want to see a real good winger.

Curufinwe

That Vanek contract is so cheap compared to what the Islanders offered. I guess the lesson is never trade for a guy who is rumored to have his heart set on playing in Minnesota unless you're the Wild.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So as of now, the following teams in the west are contenders that have improved:

Ducks
Stars
Wild

The Avs and Blues may have moved laterally (losing Miller, Stastny; adding Stastny, Iginla). The Canucks and Flames both got better in net but are not in legitimate contention.

The drama and entertainment in the west is about to hit a whole new level.

You forgot that the Hawks got a lot worse by losing Bollig

yyzjohn

Banned
Also Komarov and Robidas are both guys that would garner interest at the deadline, they are definitely tradeable pieces.

This day could have gone way worse, I'm gonna stop nitpicking the meh stuff because who cares we didn't get completely fucked.

Nothing wrong with those moves. Like you said those are moveable pieces if they need to. Unlike Clarkson.

pringles

Ehrhoff? Boyle?
Ehrhoff chose a lot less money to play with Crosby and Malkin and cash in big next year. I mean.. 29 other teams can't compete with that.

Boyle from what I read wanted to play with MSL and I guess also chose NYR because they're more of a contender right now than the Wings are.

Fei

Are buffalo going to really be bottom 5 bad next year? I think the cap floor has fucked them out of a tank.

Easily, yes. They could improve 30 points from last year and still be bottom five! Subtract out Ehrhoff, Miller, and Ott, add in Gionta and Gorges.. and you're probably worse than last year.

At least I called Iginla to the Avs, that's something right? He was good for Boston last year, Avs PR likes to throw around leadership with anyone over 30, but he actually brings it, not sure how it'll work out, but I'm happy.

Maybe his leadership can propel his old, slow ass across the ice in a timely manner then? Cause he sure as hell can't.

Cake Boss

Banned
Its amazing how the sens fall to irrelevancy coming from that crazy Montreal playoff rounds, all the moment gone, we have become the Coyotes of the canadian team.

:( feels bad man.

Maybe his leadership can propel his old, slow ass across the ice in a timely manner then? Cause he sure as hell can't.

I'm more worried about slow defensemen in our zone than Iginla, he might not be there on rushes so We'll just have to put it in the net on first chance, or McGinn will be there to crash.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Its amazing how the sens fall to irrelevancy coming from that crazy Montreal playoff rounds, all the moment gone, we have become the Coyotes of the canadian team.

:( feels bad man.

You'll be the... Southeastern Ontario Senators

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
These TSN commentators are right, lol. West is getting even better, East is getting even worse.

No real shock there.

Hell if anything that makes the East that much more open, just make the playoffs and a miracle might happen.

I'm more worried about slow defensemen in our zone than Iginla, he might not be there on rushes so We'll just have to put it in the net on first chance, or McGinn will be there to crash.

Don't worry we're apparently going to pick up Niskanen and then have no money to sign MacKinnon when his time comes nor O'Reilly. Salary structure!

pringles

These TSN commentators are right, lol. West is getting even better, East is getting even worse.
Yep, one of the reasons I'm not that disappointed that the Wings haven't done anything. A lot of the 'relevant' Eastern teams have gotten worse or at best made +/- 0 moves.

Don't worry we're apparently going to pick up Niskanen and then have no money to sign MacKinnon when his time comes nor O'Reilly. Salary structure!

I said earlier today that the team that signs Niskanen at 7 million is going to regret it more than the team that pays Stastny 7. Now I'm afraid.

Hmm so depending on how much of a raise Ennis gets, him plus Ruhwedel being re-signed might take Buffalo to the cap floor without having to do other deals.

Ennis should probably wind up in the same neighborhood as Hodgson, which is $4.25 million.

They're somehwere around $5-5.5 million under the floor depending on who is actually on their roster (like Kaleta right now isn't, but probably will be).

Top Bottom