• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I'll throw in some Canadian beer

jI5zTLPVVDGo3.png

Jeff Weintraub ‏@TheDailyTraub 6m
KYLE QUINCEY HAS A HIGHER CAP HIT THAN NIKLAS HJALMARSSON, SLAVA VOYNOV, VICTOR HEDMAN AND THE SAME AS KEVIN SHATTENKIRK THIS IS NOT OKAY

Holland needs to do more drunken Ebaying and less drunk FA signing

yyzjohn

Banned
Losing Gunnarsson still stings :-(

IMO

Holland > Bolland
Kulemin > Komarov
Gunnarsson > Polak
Robidas > Gleason
Raymond > Frattin

The bottom 6 is better, but we lost some offensive firepower. Hopefully Nonis can turn Franson into a decent second line forward.

Gunnarson hasn't been the same since his nagging hip thing. Don't know much about Polak but Leafs needed to shake things up back there.

It's almost touching to see an entire fanbase in such completely agreement over something.

Kyle Quincey united us.

He has united and also killed us at the same time. I really need to take my mind off of this for the time being, or forever.

GO GRIFFINS!!!! The true Red Wings!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If Gorges for Franson ended up happening, the Leafs defense would have looked like:

Gorges-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Robidas
Rielly-Polak

Actually robidas may not have been signed

i am sure granberg is going right in as the gunnarsson replacement

he plays like exactly the same as him :p

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Helene St. James' latest article has a small section that subtly hints that Babcock is the reason players don't want to come to Detroit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got home to see everything from today.

I really like the Richards signing. Low cost/low risk move and a huuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement over Handzus. Also takes a lot of pressure off Teuvo so he's not immediately carrying a lot of responsibility. Just saw they re-signed Regin as well. He's played better than I thought he would and he isn't costing anything so it's nice to have him back. Hawks are over the cap again so hopefully Roszival is on his way out. Now it's just the waiting game to see what Toews/Kane end up signing for.

No surprise Vanek went to the Wild. Saw that coming a looooong time ago.

Can't believe someone actually gave Bolland $5M+. I like Bolly but that dude isn't worth anywhere near that much.

LOOOOOOOOL @ the Orpik contract

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Detroit bringing Quincey back

Maybe Detroits system is so convoluted that they don't want to introduce new guys to it because they won't be able to pick it up?

And maybe that's why they don't rely on kids, because kids are dumb?

I don't know what else I can tell you to try and cheer you up, Wings-age.

So this is what Christmas feels like in HELL

This is a team in hockey purgatory, not a contender and not bad enough to get top 5 picks that are needed to rebuild a franchise.

Fuck Ken Holland fuck him in all his orifices and then drill some new holes and fuck them too

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Helene St. James said:
SJS offered #RedWings Brad Stuart over weekend. At time, saving $$ for signing of right-shot D. Stuart traded to COL before all fell through

Oh my freaking goodness. Holland, you are terrible.

Stasis

So Boyle and Stralman reunite with Cally in TB?

I feel like Boyle heading out there is equal parts AV's 4th line comment and Cally swaying him (probably both guys...) to go South.

I still like all three, but I hope they suck and score barely ever. At least against us whenever we face off. I hate facing Cbus already, now I need to add TB to the list? =/ At least none of them went to the Habs. There's that.

Mentok

Banned
So what are your guys' and gal's winners and losers?

Losers: Washington and DETROIT
Winners: Tampa Bay and DALLAS maybe?

Fixed.

Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - Holland - Clarkson

I'm satisfied
That third line is gonna annoy a lot of teams

Komarov will go back to the KHL by the end of the season because he'll feel under-appreciated by Carlyle. The sad part about that joke is that it may come true.

Crap I just realized that Orr and McLaren are probably going to start the season on the roster.

Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - Holland - Clarkson

I'm satisfied
That third line is gonna annoy a lot of teams

If Frattin is playing on the 2nd line... We're in for a rough season.

yyzjohn

Banned
Crap I just realized that Orr and McLaren are probably going to start the season on the roster.

If Frattin is playing on the 2nd line... We're in for a rough season.

There's no way Orr and McLaren are back on this team. I think the management learned their lesson last year. They'll put together a 4th line with young guys that can actually skate.

Quick

Banned
When Paul Hendrick said two former Leafs were returning, I didn't think Frattin would be one of them.

Unexpected, underwhelming, but relieved. It could be worse. I was thinking about O'Byrne and Liles (he wasn't terrible, just unnecessary right now) or something along those lines.

Actually good to see LK47 (this needs to be a thing) return. He really wants to play for the team, and I can't be mad about that. Now, to see how effective he is at 82 games vs. 42. I don't know what he's worth, so I'm not sure what to make of $2.9 million per season for 4 years.

I'm okay with Robidas. Bad break to end his season/playoffs with the Ducks with the fracture, though. His interview on TV makes me a bit more confident about his health.

Not sure what to think of Polak, though. Blues-GAF, what's the word on him? It sucks seeing Gunnarsson leave.

Top Bottom