• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Mentok

Banned
I never really had a problem with Iginla despite what I may have said in the past, I just don't like Calgary (or any former NW teams, nor any Central teams). It is fucking weird to see him in Burgundy and Blue though.

You may (and probably should) have a problem with the length of his contract.

Hunter S.

Damn, well, lucky Iginla gets to be with his favorite white bald homeboy Tanguay. I am okay with the avs changes Stansny can embrace the ghetto that is St. Louis. 28 million for Stasny wow.

Mentok

Banned
I don't like the contract period. I don't have an issue with the guy for who he is though. We'll ship him out to the Wings for Nyquist and Tatar soon enough.

Hahaha funny because I was going to make a joke about how if it doesn't work out there's always the Wings to trade him to!

Socreges

Banned
Iginla hasn't failed to score at least 28 goals in a full NHL season in 14 years. He'll earn his money this season. The last two years, though....

He seemed to be a great fit in Boston. Did they even try to re-sign him?

TUSR

Banned
Iginla hasn't failed to score at least 28 goals in a full NHL season in 14 years. He'll earn his money this season. The last two years, though....

He probably wanted a higher salary with less reliance on bonuses and Boston wouldn't give it to him.

They did but they knew from the start that fitting him in for what he was asking for would be very unlikely. That's what he said anyway.

Spike

Actually robidas may not have been signed

i am sure granberg is going right in as the gunnarsson replacement

he plays like exactly the same as him :p

He will. Nonis name-dropped him during an interview on Prime Time Sports as one of the D-men going forward.

Giggzy

LaBarbera? Really? I guess we need some sort of veteran for the goalie position.

Any of Ducks-age going to the prospect camp scrimmages on Friday morning? Think I might stop by for a bit.

Acid08

Banned
Looking through the day's free agent stuff and man that Orpik signing stands out as being really, really bad. Possibly the worst of the day.

Hahaha funny because I was going to make a joke about how if it doesn't work out there's always the Wings to trade him to!

ikikJ6MgTsVYP.gif

Official gif for these situations.

Hunter S.

Dater talked to Iginla today, but instead of transcribing it he just uploaded audio and I do not want to listen to his stupid ass talk.

BrgEkiaCAAEjVGs.jpg

Feels weird.

I just listened to this where Jerome talked for twenty five minutes. Dater does sound like a girl, truly. More importantly, Jerome sounded really, really happy to be in Denver! No regret at all in his voice.

zedge

Maybe of interested teams. We're certainly not that much better(if not worse because we lost Benoit and replaced him with Stuart) than we were last season. Also if we can't get O'Reilly and Barrie to come down to earth we're fucked probably.

I don't think there are any Habs fans here so there shouldn't be any blackface incidents.

edit: Also fucking Berra. Berra is our sole backup. Reto Calgaryman Berra. Former Flame Berra. Fuckface Berra.
Glhf

Their cap situation isn't great, in part because of the bonuses from Iginla's contract last season. They really can't afford him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tampa really made out well yesterday. Best news is Boston is now a worse team, and Chara continues to decline. Habs didn't make any huge moves, but trimmed a lot of fat off the roster, very happy with the low risk moves that address a lot of smaller issues the team had. I'd like to see Vrbata signed today, but I won't be bothered if they skip him and worry about filling that RW hole through a trade later this off season.

I don't like the contract period. I don't have an issue with the guy for who he is though. We'll ship him out to the Wings for Nyquist and Tatar soon enough.

No

Also, can this season not happen this year? I mean, aren't we overdue for WWIII by now or a super pandemic, zombies, secret cryogenic frozen Nazi uprising, asteroid hitting Earth, something? Anything that prevents this season from being played would be great right now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't see this posted from yesterday :

Hiller said:
:I want to play in front of a crowd that knows hockey, he continued, no one cares about hockey (in Cali) unless it's the Kings.
Hiller dropping some bombs on Ducks-Gaf

I've done some #solid #research on Stoner and I think I like this signing.

He's better than Allen apparently. The big bodied stay-at-home D that we need.

He's pretty good as a bottom pairing guy. Sacrifices his body to block shots, hits people, sometimes clears the crease. Tends to pass directly to the opposing team when trying to clear the puck out from the corners leading to ~3-5 goals a year for the other team.

Also has Some of the dirtiest dangles in the league. But then you get hunting controversies and death threats to the organization from vegan losers on facebook.

You'll be happy with him overall I'm sure but I really don't think he's worth as much money as he got.

Cake Boss

Banned
The only phone that was busy at scotiabank yesterday was the season ticket holders department from all the cancellations calls for next season.

I wake up today with a puking taste in my mouth but I didnt drink last night.

The trade that douchebag Murray is talking about is 100% for Berglund. Fuck this organization until we get a bew owner and GM.

Perfect GIF, Pickles.

I didn't see this posted from yesterday :

Hiller dropping some bombs on Ducks-Gaf

I saw it, but I refused to dignify them with acknowledgement.

He's salted-up to the tits because fans kept throwing him under the bus.

Enjoy the Flames, Hiller. Your extremely subpar goaltending will surely not go unnoticed.

People on forum I visit don't hate the Orpik and Niskanen deals because it means that our defense is better than it was last year.

Talk about a low bar.

No

Also, can this season not happen this year? I mean, aren't we overdue for WWIII by now or a super pandemic, zombies, secret cryogenic frozen Nazi uprising, asteroid hitting Earth, something? Anything that prevents this season from being played would be great right now.

But you are going to get to watch Cleary in the top 6 AND KFQ in the top 4. Why would you want to miss that? To top it off you get to see them continue the playoff streak and get bounced in 4 or 5 games in the first round.

Are you saying you don't want to see that?

But you are going to get to watch Cleary in the top 6 AND KFQ in the top 4. Why would you want to miss that? To top it off you get to see them continue the playoff streak and get bounced in 4 or 5 games in the first round.

Are you saying you don't want to see that?

Like we make the playoffs this year, if we struggled last year we are not making it this year.

Top Bottom