• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
EYNm0kn.jpg

LOL

I like this haha. Rapid-fire analysis of every signing. http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/531083

All credibility gone:

The Red Wings committed $8.5 million to D Kyle Quincey over two seasons

When you think "Kyle Quincey" you probably don't think "defensive stalwart worth $4.25 million a season," but it's really not so bad. He'll be in his prime over those two seasons, he can log 20 minutes a night, and he moves the puck well enough.

Good move? It's a bit much in the dollar column, but I expect him to be a decent contributor over the next two seasons.

If you have a healthy Z and Datsyuk you should make it.

Even then it will be a struggle with that D corps. Offense will be the same as last year, maybe better with Tatar and Nyquist playing a full season but that D is just ugly still, just another bubble team that won't go anywhere.

Well that is if Holland doesn't trade Tatar or Nyquist and gets fleeced in some stupid deal like the Legwand trade.

Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

The incident occurred at a bar in the Byward Market the source said.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

Mentok

Banned
Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

The incident occurred at a bar in the Byward Market the source said.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

The Ottawa Police should be flattered. As someone who lives here, I gotta say we have good looking officers (both male and female). Maybe Giroux was blown away.

Fuck this organization until we get a bew owner and GM.

Sorry Cakeboss, I feel your pain. All my Sens fans complain about Melnyk's meddling. He's honestly terrible for the organization. Murray is declining, but I'm sure it's hard to pull off decent moves when the owner is essentially trying to be the GM.

Samyy

I wonder who will be worse this season, the Sens or the Leafs.
I really think the playoffs are pretty much set in the East:

Boston/Montreal/Tampa/Detroit and Pitt/Rangers/Flyers/Columbus

Islanders darkhorse.

calder

The cover we deserve.

I can't really agree on this cover since I don't get the sense that Pierre is in his true natural element - desperately trying to become the GM/president/coach/director of hockey ops/whatever of the Penguins.

Maybe a pic of him stroking Mario off while begging for a management position?

I wonder who will be worse this season, the Sens or the Leafs.
I really think the playoffs are pretty much set in the East:

Boston/Montreal/Tampa/Detroit and Pitt/Rangers/Flyers/Columbus

Islanders darkhorse.

:lol

In Nyquist/Tatar we trust*

*until they are traded

With a healthy Z and Datsuyk you guys are a shoe in considering how horrid the rest of the teams are okay.

If they are healthy is the key factor. I mean, it can't be worse than last year right?

I remember saying that same thing the before the start of last season too.

Part of me wish we gave Hiller more of a chance. First half he was a wall and then after the Olympics he gave up a softie or two a game. I guess he should have seen it coming with splitting games with Fasth and then Andersen the last couple years.

I'm interested in seeing how he does in Calgary. But I think Anaheim is better off with Andersen/Backup.

Also my "kings lifelongs" friends stopped caring about hockey after the parade. All about Lakers and Doyers now. Dat SoCal hockey scene

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The only phone that was busy at scotiabank yesterday was the season ticket holders department from all the cancellations calls for next season.

I wake up today with a puking taste in my mouth but I didnt drink last night.

The trade that douchebag Murray is talking about is 100% for Berglund. Fuck this organization until we get a bew owner and GM.

We had the advantage over Dallas in negotiations too, considering they just lost the Stastny sweepstakes, and still B Murray couldn't even pry a 1st rounder from them. It's just sad.

I totally agree with your sentiments.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People on forum I visit don't hate the Orpik and Niskanen deals because it means that our defense is better than it was last year.

Talk about a low bar.
The Pens biggest problems were defense and goal tending, the fact that the Caps went out and grabbed their D is hilarious.

Claude Giroux - assman?
Who isn't?

Organization is shit.

They need to get Drake to recruit free agents.

Delryk

Florida gave F Dave Bolland a thousand-year, zillion-dollar deal

Bolland is an oft-injured third-line center who’s never scored 20 goals in a season or hit 50 points. 5.5 million for five seasons is insane for a smallish forward on the wrong end of his career arc.

Good move? Awful. Just awful.

best freaking review.

Merguson

Banned
Steve Downie signed $1 million @ 1 year with Pittsburgh.

I would have signed him.. play him with Komarov.

Komarov - Ott - Downie

the dream is dead

Top Bottom