• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Heretic

Some required reading first:

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

ikxMjvzspKrrN.jpg

i8o6YDOSFAFrD.jpg

iG2dOtNAAKU6e.jpg

iP8JMHat2PCcD.jpg
I'm laughing so hard at this right now!

Oh hey it's the dude that tried to say choosing to get drunk and doing something stupid is the same as suffering a head injury and doing something stupid. Also implied that if fighting is part of hockey people should be allowed to make fun of concussed players. Boy it sure hurts that he's not hanging around anymore. It was like he was only around a few weeks.

Parch

Had an Ottawa fan get all salty. He hates the Spezza trade and how they were forced to take less because of the stupid NTC.
Then he said they offered more for Statsny, but of course he signs for less to play on a contender. Tons of cap room, but all their UFA targets turned down Ottawa. So they have to settle for Michalek and his bad knees just to make the cap floor.

He's probably right, but what can they do about it?

Tabris

There's the cap floor for Isles. The dream of sending them Clarkson is over.

A team that needs to make cap floor would never take Clarkson contract due to term.

And you can't buy it out. You guys are screwed for 7 years.

With the new CBA, can you still bury it in the minors if needed like Wade Redden before he was bought out?

Had an Ottawa fan get all salty. He hates the Spezza trade and how they were forced to take less because of the stupid NTC.
Then he said they offered more for Statsny, but of course he signs for less to play on a contender. Tons of cap room, but all their UFA targets turned down Ottawa. So they have to settle for Michalek and his bad knees just to make the cap floor.

He's probably right, but what can they do about it?

Stay in the mines for a few years and hope their drafting can save them? Cause they aren't going to move anyone that other teams would want and would bring good returns. That's the nature of the league right now if you're not a contender or don't have a chance to be one. Stand by your stars till the better end and hope tomorrow drafts a generational talent.

edit: That or slip into a Leafs-esque neurosis where you think everyone wants to play for you for free.

yyzjohn

Banned
A team that needs to make cap floor would never take Clarkson contract due to term.

And you can't buy it out. You guys are screwed for 7 years.

With the new CBA, can you still bury it in the minors if needed like Wade Redden before he was bought out?

To be fair it's only screwed for 6 years. We already got fucked for a year.

Samyy

Islanders just become my 2nd favourite team in the east
Grabbo, Kule :(

Lol @ Simmons "No GM in the league would want Grabo!"
Fucking cunt.

Four teams were interested in Grabbo and Kule package.
Malkin really wanted to play with Kulemin but deal couldn't be reached with Pens.

err the Islanders could make the playoffs next year

Socreges

Banned
Any interest in Penner? Haven't heard his name much
Canucks are pretty thin at all positions which will be a 'problem' when they run into injuries. I'm hoping they're going to just lean on their youth when that time comes, but they may be looking at signing another cheap winger and/or center instead.

Grabovski seems to have had three 'big' clubs go sour on him. I think he's a talented player to be sure, but the tag that he has some baggage is not undeserved.

Kulemin on the other hand has gone from GOAT Russian Leaf to WOAT Russian to GOAT(analytics) Russian Leaf in the space of 4 years. I honestly do not understand why there's any sadness about this guy chasing the dollar in New York.

yyzjohn

Banned

Lol @ Simmons "No GM in the league would want Grabo!"
Fucking cunt.

Four teams were interested in Grabbo and Kule package.
Malkin really wanted to play with Kulemin but deal couldn't be reached with Pens.

err the Islanders could make the playoffs next year

Well Garth Snow isn't like any other GM in the league. As far as "4 teams were interested" they could have inquired and laughed at the asking price.

Socreges

Banned
Just got this PM:

Hey Socreges,

Forgive me if this is wildly inappropriate, but if you're not going to be using the $5 code you got for the eShop, could I...have it? Haha. I hope that's not terrible to ask...

Thanks for your time,

[username]
Sounds so insecure, like he knows it's an absurd question, but still has to ask on the off-chance the person might give him that sweet, sweet $5 credit. I responded:
Socreges said:
Isn't this like asking people if they won't be using that $5 bill in their wallet, that they give it to you...

Can't blame you for trying, though, I guess.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this PM:

Sounds so insecure, like he knows it's an absurd question, but still has to ask on the off-chance the person might give him that sweet, sweet $5 credit. I responded:

Gee, I wonder who that was. Anyone who spends anytime at all reading the Canadian deals thread probably guessed it right away.

Edit: maybe not after all?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Starts with an M? That'd be even more pathetic if this guy had a reputation of doing this. GAFers are generous, but it's different when people ask for handouts for no good reason.

You should have just given him the code, but with 0s and Os (zeroes and the letter O) scattered throughout. See how long he keeps re-entering it, switching out the 0s and Os in infinite combinations

Socreges

Banned
You should have just given him the code, but with 0s and Os (zeroes and the letter O) scattered throughout. See how long he keeps re-entering it, switching out the 0s and Os in infinite combinations
This is brilliant. I might do this. "On second thought..."

lamaroo, who were you thinking?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What if the new guy is actually Giroux posting from prison because he's bored.

New guy, what's your opinion on smacking a firm ass?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This is brilliant. I might do this. "On second thought..."

lamaroo, who were you thinking?

The guy who's always asking for coupons from people, or asking people to buy him cheap games when it's a YMMV thing.

I'd feel shitty namedropping, starts with an "H" if I remember correctly.

At least this season I know not to get my hopes up until game 82 is over because the Leafs can literally ruin anything. They could be up 20 points on the rest of the League in February and I wouldn't feel safe anymore. Thank you Leafs. I will lock up my hope inside a box and it won't see the light of day until Stamkos leads us to the 2017 cup.

Top Bottom