• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

ZeroGravity

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
#tblightning confirm they have hired former Tampa Bay general manager Jay Feaster as Executive Director of Community Hockey Development
I think he can't do any real harm there. In theory anyway.

LevelNth

Banned
Dreger saying the Leafs have offered Legwand a contract, <4m for 1 or 2 years. I like it. Hope he signs.

EDIT: Meant less than 4m.

Today I learned that Legwand was drafted #2 overall and has pretty good point totals despite being in his thirties. I will accept this. Also I shall name him Legwizard.

LevelNth

Banned
As long as Holland gets 4C and plays 8-12minutes a night thats fine.
Nonis on TSN leafs lunch today said this, can't focus exclusively on toughness on the 4th anymore, need energy + youth and need 8-12 not just 4-6 min a night.

Then later today Poulin said they see Holland slotting right into the 4C.

Samyy

Nonis on TSN leafs lunch today said this, can't focus exclusively on toughness on the 4th anymore, need energy + youth and need 8-12 not just 4-6 min a night.

Glad to see they are learning

Sounds like instead of getting a new coach they want Carlyle to coach differently. Makes no sense.

CrankyJay

Banned

Acid08

Banned
We got Tye McGinn for a 3rd rounder today. What's his deal Flyers fans? I don't know what the fuck DW is trying to do with today's moves.

TrueGrime

Some required reading first:

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

ikxMjvzspKrrN.jpg

i8o6YDOSFAFrD.jpg

iG2dOtNAAKU6e.jpg

iP8JMHat2PCcD.jpg

ROTF.

Samyy

Sounds like instead of getting a new coach they want Carlyle to coach differently. Makes no sense.

It's the Leafs. Makes total sense.

Well, this is their explanation of it. Essentially they believe that if they fired Carlyle now it would make other coaches wary of signing with the organization because he was the first coach to get them back into the playoffs and to be fired so soon after that would scare other potential coaches off.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, this is theeir explanation of it. Essentially they believe that if they fired Carlyle now it would make other coaches wary of signing with the organization because he was the first coach to get them back into the playoffs and to be fired so soon after that would scare other potential coaches off.

Bring back Quinn!

cube444

Well, this is theeir explanation of it. Essentially they believe that if they fired Carlyle now it would make other coaches wary of signing with the organization because he was the first coach to get them back into the playoffs and to be fired so soon after that would scare other potential coaches off.

So then what happens if they miss the playoffs again next season?

Both Nonis and Carlyle are in lame duck situations.

Vrbata signing with a Canadian team.

Habs or Canucks.

I'll go with Habs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
We got Tye McGinn for a 3rd rounder today. What's his deal Flyers fans? I don't know what the fuck DW is trying to do with today's moves.

Basically, not going to crack the Flyers lineup anytime soon, so they sent him packing. Seems like a 3rd-4th liner.

I'm expecting something like this next season:

I saw JVR and thought Flyers for a minute then I had a sad.

Samyy

I'm expecting something like this next season:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Legwand-Clarkson
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Winnik-Holland-Ashton
(Leivo, Broll)

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gardiner-Polak
Rielly-Granberg
(Percy)

Bernier
Brodeur

I think the D will be different, Phaneuf is a LHD that prefers playing on the right side and has wanted to for a while according to some hockey people on twitter.

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Robidas
____ - Polak

Wonder if he will play on a line with Pommers again

Probably. Yeo said he was "intrigued" by their past chemistry but also wants to stay with the PGP line that was good in the last chunk of the season + playoffs. Top six will be either:

Vanek - Granlund - Pominville
Parise - Koivu - Coyle

or

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Vanek - Koivu - Coyle

I think both will be used and Yeo will go back and forth whenever the lines go cold. Nino might slot in for Coyle every once in a while as well.

2 years x 5mil for Vrbata

Not a bad deal at all. Congrats Nucks-gaf.

Vern Fiddler didnt feel like he was being used effectively last year. Asked to be traded if that stayed that way.

He gets a little bit more time. Doesn't get traded.

Stars offer him a contract before Free Agency and he declined to test the market.

1 day after Free Agency begins.. he resigns with the Stars for a great deal.

Thanks Fidds! Welcome back. Glad you are excited about the pick ups from yesterday with Spezza/Hemsky as much as we are :p

CrankyJay

Banned
Probably. Yeo said he was "intrigued" by their past chemistry but also wants to stay with the PGP line that was good in the last chunk of the season + playoffs. Top six will be either:

Vanek - Granlund - Pominville
Parise - Koivu - Coyle

or

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Vanek - Koivu - Coyle

I think both will be used and Yeo will go back and forth whenever the lines go cold. Nino might slot in for Coyle every once in a while as well.

Not a bad deal at all. Congrats Nucks-gaf.

Prepare to fall in love with him when he does amazing things and then frustrated when he disappears.

Socreges

Banned
2 years? Daddy like. He'll be a great compliment to the Sedins, I think

This is still very much a bubble team, though, but at least we've got youngins coming up that won't be drowning like in Edmonton

Samyy

2 years? Daddy like. He'll be a great compliment to the Sedins, I think

This is still very much a bubble team, though, but at least we've got youngins coming up that won't be drowning like in Edmonton

All you have to do is outperform one of Dallas/Minny
You have better goaltending and defence then Dallas, it shouldn't be impossible unless you can't score at all.

Top Bottom