• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Quick

Banned
Can someone please spell out the Kermit Drinking Tea thing to me?

250px-Kermit_drinks.jpg

Vrbata's shooting percentage when he hit 35 goals was 15%. Last year it was 7%. Career average is 10%.

Wouldn't Burrows go back on the 1st line? Can he succeed on the 2nd line?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vrbata's shooting percentage when he hit 35 goals was 15%. Last year it was 7%. Career average is 10%.

Wouldn't Burrows go back on the 1st line? Can he succeed on the 2nd line?

According to Vrbata's agent he was offered the first line job in contract negotiations. And I honestly rather try Vrbata with the Sedins first, Burrows is decent defensively to put with a rookie and he gets PK and PP time too.

Though Vrbata and maybe even Bonino woll get PP time, too.

cube444

Real NHL players don't want to be traded or signed to your team?

No problem.

Let Nonis dumpster dive in Finland and see what he comes up with!

Spl1nter

Eh, not bad. These are all better options than seeing McClement out there.

Santorelli + Kontiola > Legwand

#moneypuck
Yep very nice depth signing at low money to fill in 3rd line.

Jvr - bozak - kessel
Lupul - kadri - clarkson
Komarov - kontiola - santorelli
Ashton - holland - frattin

A real 4th line will be nice and it has speed and size. Carlyle will probably fuck it all up still.

Imagine if clarkson didn't exist or we kept MacArthur over him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Clarkson is like the Leafs version of Gomez now. No matter where you put him in the lineup he doesn't really fit and fucks with the chemistry of the entire team.

yyzjohn

Banned
Clarkson is like the Leafs version of Gomez now. No matter where you put him in the lineup he doesn't really fit and fucks with the chemistry of the entire team.

Most Leafs fans are hoping for LTIR for Clarkson and some marlie player gets a shot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

He basically is an offensive black hole

Soon enough he will be the highest paid 4th liner in our franchise history

Samyy

Kontiola on 2nd line will be interesting to see

Cant be worse than clarkson

Apparently Finnish guys on Hfboards are saying it makes no sense to play him with Komarov and Clarkson, they won't be able to make use of his offensive talents so I figure thats the best place for him.

I think Holland could also move into that 2RW spot if he struggles.
Him and Santorelli can both move from C to Wing so they can be a bit flexible.

Razorskin

----- ------
Dryden did a great interview with Subban, I'm on my phone so I can't post any quotes, but lots of PK quotes that sound similar to the things Ho-Sang was saying before the draft

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news.../pk_subban_nothing_was_going_to_deter_me.html

He needs to be given the C. It's time.

Being cocky is a huge flaw and means you'll never make it in the NHL.

Wtf at this comment :
With the dishonour he is showing our flag, I refuse to read the article. The flag is NEVER supposed to touch the ground, much less have someone lying on it (unless they are wounded in battle and then they would likely do anything to keep the flag from touching the ground).

Cherry going on another Subban rant

Cactus

Banned
Clarkson/Santorelli/Komarov is actually a pretty decent checking line on paper. It's too bad Clarkson alone is making more money than the entire line combined should be making.

The Sedins dropped off a fucking cliff last season. And we don't know that this can be blamed entirely on injuries and playing under Torts. They're no longer iron men. And teams have only gotten better at defending them. Vrbata might be a great fit for them, but if they're not the same players as years past then it doesn't matter so much.

I think he could hit 30-40. But the Sedins need to prove that they can still play well over 82 games.

Daniel has not been the same since the Keith elbow: he doesn't seem to trust his shot anymore and tends to pass more instead of shoot.

The Sedins also played more minutes (including on the PK) and started fewer times in the offensive zone. The power play also sucked terribly. One thing AV did right was put them in situations to score and that did help them win scoring titles.

Lot of question marks remain regarding the team but at least they're in a better position than they were a few days ago.

The Santorelli signing is good for the Leafs. There was just no room on the Canucks for him.

Spl1nter

So nonis didn't fuck up with FA but mostly because other teams beat him to the punch and he had to go with plan B. If only clarkson had chosen Edmonton instead.

zroid

Banned
Did Cherry rant yet about how Bolland chose more money over playing for his home team, whereas Clarkson took a discount (LOL) to play in Toronto?

LevelNth

Banned
Clarkson/Santorelli/Komarov is actually a pretty decent checking line on paper. It's too bad Clarkson alone is making more money than the entire line combined should be making.
I remember reading this breakdown of ideal line-to-cap-ratio years ago, not sure how it fits the Leafs or if it's still relevant:

1st F Line - 25% of cap
2nd F Line - 18%
3rd F Line - 14%
4th F Line - 6%

1st D Line - 15%
2nd D Line - 7%
3rd F Line - 5%

Goalies - 10%

Top Bottom