• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

@DarrenDregerDarren Dreger 3:55 PM
Former Sabres GM, Darcy Regier has been named Sr VP and Assistant GM of the Arizona Coyotes.

lol.

But that might actually be a decent role for him, as long as the regular GM knows when not to listen to him. Guy has a knack for getting more than he should in trades. Keep him away from contract negotiations and free agency, though.

Also it's Arizona so he won't have to talk to the press.

Holiday

Banned
Rutherford was talking about lines in his chat today, and said that Schwartz - Lehtera - Frank and Berglund - Sobotka - Oshie would both work as second lines. I don't like it. What do Frank and Schwartz have to do to get 1st line/1st PP minutes? Put them with Stastny and have an actual skill line for once.

Rutherford was talking about lines in his chat today, and said that Schwartz - Lehtera - Frank and Berglund - Sobotka - Oshie would both work as second lines. I don't like it. What do Frank and Schwartz have to do to get 1st line/1st PP minutes? Put them with Stastny and have an actual skill line for once.

Wait so Stastny is feasibly going on the 3rd line? wat :lol

edit: Oh, misread.

Wait so Stastny is feasibly going on the 3rd line? wat :lol

edit: Oh, misread.

Both Hitch and Army have said they want to try Backes on RW (Steen Stastny Backes) as our top line.

I'd much rather keep it simple and go with:

Schwartz Stastny Tarasenko
Steen Backes Oshie

for our top 6 to start.

If Lehtera makes a case for himself at 2C, that's where that line Holiday mentioned comes in I think. I get it from some angles (defense, shutdown, etc.), but I don't think it's our best option for offensive firepower. Schwartz and Tarasenko don't really have anything left to prove and we need to let them off the leash. Stastny should be the Center that can let them do so.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Usually when I walk around the shopping around Yorba Linda, Irvine, and Anaheim I see a shit tons of Clippers gear.

Interesting. Could have to do with when the Clippers used to come play at the Pond every now and then. I think we talked about this before but I've always thought they should have just moved down for good.

It could also be bandwagon shit. It is (was) all over LA proper lately, too.

What are the Blues' weaknesses now? I'd argue that they could have used a better 1C but what else

I don't know if I'd say that. Stastny is our best attempt at a Krejci to Backes's Bergeron. Create opportunities for Schwartz and Tarasenko / Steen and Oshie. C is also much less of a concern down the road with Lehtera, Fabbri and Barbashev.

If Gunnar rebounds well, not a whole lot honestly. Bottom D Pairing could be stronger. Goaltending is a bit of a question mark, but Brian Elliott has mostly been consistently capable, isn't the same player he was in Colorado and given our system it that shouldn't matter all that much.

His stats are rather good with the exception of the poor stretch of 6 or 7 games in 2012-13 right after the lockout, during which Jake Allen bailed out both Elliott and Halak.

In any event, Halak and Elliott weren't the reason we lost to the Kings or Hawks.

Yawnier

Banned
We will probably have 4mil left after signing Gardiner, Reimer and Frason.

Well thats better than what I expected

Dunno what his cap hit is yet, but there should be enough...

I hope so

Nope we're gonna have to trade all of them.

I'm sending Gardiner over to my buddy Cake Boss, we'll take back Phillips.

Reimer I haven't decided on yet.

lol please, Nonis would throw in a 2015 draft pick or two to sweeten the deal

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know it goes without saying, but the new Transformers is complete and utter dog shit. Worst one so far, which is quite the achievement.

Acid08

Banned
I know it goes without saying, but the new Transformers is complete and utter dog shit. Worst one so far, which is quite the achievement.
Any blatantly racist robots in this one?

Also the girl in that movie is Katara from that fucking awful Last Airbender movie. Such a terrible actress.

Sorry already gave him to Cake Boss.

You can choose between Kadri, Nylander or Lupul.

We'll of course cover some of the salary though.

Lupul. The Anaheim Power Player girls miss him.

PowerPlayers_2013.jpg

Lucky for him he's older but the girls stay the same age.

Top Bottom