• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

yarrrr she hates the sea and everything in it

Plus she's the Director. Totes Captain material. Maybe not like the CEO is, but the CEO and our department have very little involvement with each other. Apart from him yelling "YOU SUCK" at us occasionally from a drive-by yacht.

Sucked in. What a hoser. I hate the Autobot and Decepticon logos more than any geek brand/logo ever.

I mean, I want my wedding ring to be a silver ornate version of The One Ring but that's not as fucking stupid as having an Autobot logo.

Just get one of the Ducks logos on the ring. You may get divorced but that Duck will last forever.

Plus, that feeling of control you get over your car with a manual is incredible.

Was weird coming from Europe where nearly everyone drives manual to North America, where nearly nobody knows how to drive manual.

If you can drive stick, you can drive pretty much anything. My current car is a stick which I love although it does get annoying in long traffic jams. Also sucks on a steep hill if some idiot pulls up right behind you.

My next car will be an auto though, SO can't drive stick and I'm scared of teaching her, probably have to change the clutch annually.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've been sharing a Prius for 3 years and it gets the job done but I don't want another.

full40.jpg

Come on bro wait it out with me. Dem gull wing doors!

Just need to wait and see how far the battery will get you and, of course, how much cash they want for it.

This song has literally been stuck in my head since the mid-90s and I couldn't be happier about it.

They played it at every home game for years. Edit: Actually the version they used said "Anaheim" instead of "America," but did use "America" for one of the repetitions.

I recorded that version. They used to play it on the radio after games (I think after victories) on 95.9 KEZY, the flagship Ducks station at the time. I tried finding that but no dice. It is pretty catchy.

Quick

Banned
Not sure who posted here about picking up Arkham Origins during the Steam Sale (TrueGrime?), but I initially said I didn't get into it.

I just turned it back on and easily lost 3 hours on it. Gonna give it a Brent Rambo thumbs up for now.

Acid08

Banned
@PollakOnSharks: One more thing: #SJSharks brass thought team may have been tighter group back in days of Jody Shelley and Scott Parker.

Yes goons will bring our team together, not Jumbo's fuck dojo.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Not sure who posted here about picking up Arkham Origins during the Steam Sale (TrueGrime?), but I initially said I didn't get into it.

I just turned it back on and easily lost 3 hours on it. Gonna give it a Brent Rambo thumbs up for now.

I was one who recommended it, saying I enjoyed it more than Asylum. Glad you were able to get into it. I spent hours going after those Riddler deals.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So let me get this straight. You expect me to pay attention to the road, text, eat, AND NOW shift gears at the same time? Jesus Christ. I'm only one man.

Btw speaking of which, lamaroo and SuperSonic, you two need to accept my friend request so we can play some Mario Kart. Brehs.

I can never remember to check the friend request thing.

Also, Beast Wars was always better than Transformers.

Quick

Banned
I was one who recommended it, saying I enjoyed it more than Asylum. Glad you were able to get into it. I spent hours going after those Riddler deals.

The story's beginning to piece together, and that Deathstroke fight was actually enjoyable. Being an idiot button masher, it took me a few tries before realizing that the counter QTE will pop up, rather than me just mashing it continuously, even though it's prompting me not to do that.

It's funny how advanced Batman is in Origins compared to Arkham Asylum. Not that I wanted them to limit him, though. The Disruptor gadget is very handy. From a timeline perspective, you'd think Batman would carry it around for Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Origins was fine and I think I actually liked some of the story threads in it more than the other two games.

I'm not so far ahead, but a lot of storylines are being thrown at me. The main story of Black Mask and the bounty on Batman feel like it gets thrown off as new stuff comes in involving a lot of the side characters. I don't mind it too much yet, since it gives the game a lot of mileage.

Marvie_3

Banned
Whiteouts in Phoenix? Are the seatbacks there white or something?
Whiteouts are fucking dumb in the NHL because the home teams don't wear white anymore.

If you can drive stick, you can drive pretty much anything. My current car is a stick which I love although it does get annoying in long traffic jams. Also sucks on a steep hill if some idiot pulls up right behind you.

My next car will be an auto though, SO can't drive stick and I'm scared of teaching her, probably have to change the clutch annually.
Sounds like you need to trade in your SO instead of your car.

Look, if I'm ever getting a car with fancy doors it'll be a goddamn DeLorean.
I want one of these so bad.

I forget what the deal was when they changed it? It was away were whites, home were darks then it changed somewhere in the 80s and reverted back in the 00's.

I wouldn't mind them going back to aways being dark and the home jerseys white. I mean, look at how marvelous this looks.

644x396_New%20Jersey_Top%20Story.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Maybe away jerseys sold more, so they figured that those are what fans wanted to see. That's the only thing I can think of, it seems like a change that nobody asked for.

Maybe away jerseys sold more, so they figured that those are what fans wanted to see. That's the only thing I can think of, it seems like a change that nobody asked for.

I have a vivid memory of one of my NFL football loving friends asking which team is home and away. I said darks were home and whites were away. He said it was strange. To which I asked "that's how they do it in football"

"oh yeah"

Just looking for something to criticize

Acid08

Banned
"As we integrate more younger players to our team, John's presence alone can act as a deterrent and help keep teams and opposing players honest." - Doug Wilson

yeah why give any of our young guys that roster spot when we can ice literally the worst forward in the league

tumblr_n79xmo9biS1qa8sljo1_500.png

Razorskin

----- ------
If they'd just stick to it, it would be okay. But sometimes the home team wears the white jerseys for some random reason.

Because the Leafs need to show them off to sell them to the poor saps in the ACC.

I forget what the deal was when they changed it? It was away were whites, home were darks then it changed somewhere in the 80s and reverted back in the 00's.

I wouldn't mind them going back to aways being dark and the home jerseys white. I mean, look at how marvelous this looks.

644x396_New%20Jersey_Top%20Story.jpg

That jersey doesn't look that good.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That jersey doesn't look that good.

I think the white looks better though out of the two.

The full colour jerseys make more sense as a Home jersey. It's displaying the team colours!

Definitely, but I feel that applies more to something like college football, where most teams are identified by their colors. In the NHL, the logos are the identifiers. Btw I'm not trying to whine, I'm trying to figure out for myself why I like the whites better. (insert Smiley joke)

Calamari41

41 > 38
It does, the jerseys aren't bad but all I want is the eggplant and teal for the Ducks.

I'm with you on that, I'd kill for them to go back to those babies. I think the second best is the black and gold with incredibly limited orange.

Smack, I still can't figure out what they were thinking with that. Even the concept of it, ignoring the execution. A jersey of your mascot wearing your normal jersey. Why?

I'm with you on that, I'd kill for them to go back to those babies. I think the second best is the black and gold with incredibly limited orange.

Smack, I still can't figure out what they were thinking with that. Even the concept of it, ignoring the execution. A jersey of your mascot wearing your normal jersey. Why?

Would have been great if it was Wild Wing wearing the Wild Wing jersey wearing the Wild Wing jersey wearing the WIld Wing jersey.

Also, I feel bad for the Great One to have worn this:
ugly-kings.jpg

I don't think there were many good jerseys that came out that year

Top Bottom