• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm just glad the remainder of these jerseys can be deposited in a landfill somewhere.

ZBnBGUr.jpg

Yeah I hate the orange even as just a highlight, much less the whole thing. I get what they're going for but it's not needed. Makes it look cheap when it's applied.

I'm wearing this shirt right now. I love just the gunmetal, black, and gold:

thumb.aspx

The color combination just works.

I fucking love Paul Kariya. Was one of my favorite players growing up despite being a Duck for most of his career.

This shit right here. I jumped up and flipped the fuck out when he scored.

Hell yeah, off the floor and on the board.

He was definitely a skilled player. The speed to back off the defense and the laser shot.

He got some grief for driving an automatic. And a woman's car.

Teemu probably never got him that Porsche, how dare he accuse Selanne of having a lying problem.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I fucking love Paul Kariya. Was one of my favorite players growing up despite being a Duck for most of his career.

This shit right here. I jumped up and flipped the fuck out when he scored.

Kariya was so fucking good. Too bad he had to ruin it with his betrayal. If he had stuck around for a few more seasons he would have been reunited with Teemu and won his Cup.

Kariya was so fucking good. Too bad he had to ruin it with his betrayal. If he had stuck around for a few more seasons he would have been reunited with Teemu and won his Cup.

Oh boy. Maybe maybe not. He definitely could have been reunited with Teemu for sure in Anaheim for the peanuts he played for in Colorado. Could have signed both for even more than what they signed for in Colorado actually.

Then again the move made Bryan Murray to sign Sergei Fedorov who was later traded for Beauchemin (and indirectly got Todd Marchant) and they were a big part of the Cup run.

Acid08

Banned
Funny how much the game has changed. Stevens' hit was much worse than Rome's on Horton, yet Stevens didn't even get a penalty.

No way concussion procedures were as intensive as they are now too. Doubt they would have let him come back in the game now.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh boy. Maybe maybe not. He definitely could have been reunited with Teemu for sure in Anaheim for the peanuts he played for in Colorado. Could have signed both for even more than what they signed for in Colorado actually.

Then again the move made Bryan Murray to sign Sergei Fedorov who was later traded for Beauchemin (and indirectly got Todd Marchant) and they were a big part of the Cup run.

Yeah, the butterfly effect and all that.

I still remember when I heard the news that he was gone. My mom trolled the everloving shit out of me: she came into my room and said Selanne and Kariya were reunited and playing together again... Then after I pumped my fist she finished the story.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nah I don't want to shun him either. I still have a broken stick of his hanging on my wall, and a signed pair of his skates on display.

They're like a fucking child's size 3.

Want a trip through 2003's playoff run? I posted this on YouTube last year. (on an alternate Google account that somehow has my real name, fuck Google+)

How The West Was Won

Before Adam Oates and Dan Bylsma coached in the league they were coached by Babcock. Neutral zone trapping. Chistov seemed like a good draft pick at the time. LOL

Maybe away jerseys sold more, so they figured that those are what fans wanted to see. That's the only thing I can think of, it seems like a change that nobody asked for.

Woah woah WOAH. Buddy. The Webbed D needed to replace the wordscroll more than a marine stuck in the amazon for 5 weeks needs to change his socks. We got our primary logo sorted. We got it in the shape of a third. And now that our blessed third is our primary (so long wordscroll!) it's come to our primary needing an away version.

That's all it is.

Apologies if I'm sounding like Captain Obvious. I'm just kind of emphasising really. This whole scheme is moist definitely the change I want for our jerseys.

It's The Good Shit™.

ALL HAIL THE WEBBED D!

That jersey doesn't look that good.

It's, literally, just our awesome third with white instead of black!?

Agreed, when the colours are good. =)
Nashville Mustard... yuck

You mean BUFFALO and Nashville yellow. Right?

I'm just glad the remainder of these jerseys can be deposited in a landfill somewhere.

ZBnBGUr.jpg

Yo, fuck these jerseys.

Nah I don't want to shun him either. I still have a broken stick of his hanging on my wall, and a signed pair of his skates on display.

They're like a fucking child's size 3.

My god. That's some seriously good merch you got right there.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm with you all the way on The Webbed D being the wave of the future, dstrdl. I'm just talking about white vs dark for home/away.

My god. That's some seriously good merch you got right there.

My good friend's dad was Director of Operations or something way high up like that for the Pond through the 90's, so I got all kinds of shit direct from the locker room. I didn't realize how lucky I was.

I'm with you all the way on The Webbed D being the wave of the future, dstrdl. I'm just talking about white vs dark for home/away.

I knew I had to be reading that series of posts wrong. My man.

This is what happens when you reply to fifty posts while you're buzzing about from doing 50 million tasks at work.

I think they call that an "expert opinion"

Btw Pickles how are you enjoying Playa?

Love it so far, being in a walkable neighborhood again is great. Wish there was more...uh...diversity. But it could be worse in that regard. I lived in a way less diverse neighborhood my last year in San Diego.

Never getting out of the low 80s is heaven though. Unbelievable weather.

Good point, the cynical Ducks PR department definitely stole the idea before the Coyotes PR department could so you guys should the ones to put it to rest.

FYI: I've always been of the opinion that only the original Jets can hold the whole 'whiteout' honor as an official thing.

When the Ducks played at home in their Mighty Ducks original jerseys, it was more an unintentional whiteout.

When Arizona starts doing it, it just becomes insulting to everyone.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
FYI: I've always been of the opinion that only the original Jets can hold the whole 'whiteout' honor as an official thing.

When the Ducks played at home in their Mighty Ducks original jerseys, it was more an unintentional whiteout.

When Arizona starts doing it, it just becomes insulting to everyone.

Thing is... arizona's is totally forced. It's not a true whiteout when they are giving you the shirts to wear.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Winnipeg didn't invent the whiteout though, did they? That shit has been around college football since the 60s at least. I may be wrong though.

To Dastardly's point, Ducks Whiteouts were never officially organized, or were organized incredibly rarely. They just happened.

Edit: Looks like they (the Coyotes) legally own the name WhiteOut.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And it's especially not a whiteout when their home colors are fucking maroon.

Well i dont mind it that much

The wearing all maroon would basically be biting the sea of red at that point. (which iirc was the precursor to the whiteout anyways)

All the white looks so much better on TV, though.

Winnipeg didn't invent the whiteout though, did they? That shit has been around college football since the 60s at least. I may be wrong though.

To Dastardly's point, Ducks Whiteouts were never officially organized, or were organized incredibly rarely. They just happened.

Edit: Looks like they (the Coyotes) legally own the name WhiteOut.

Hey, if your College Footballs with their Arnold Ronald McArnolds, Buzz Knightley and Tim Tebows have been doing the Whiteout since Ted "Duke" Ryker powerstomped his way to a 50 yard Kickpunt Sackdown against the Florida Marmadukes while 26 down in the 5th Quarter to win the College Bowl Championship Supertrophy, then so be it.

Our home colors are Burgundy and Blue and yet a whiteout makes the most sense thematically.

STICK THAT IN YER PIPE

You got some big ass white streaks all over the front of your jerseys and Colorado has some wicked-as-heck snow runs. Dunnit? Makes great sense.

Or is Aspen in Colorado? Where is Aspen? WHY DOES EVERY RICH PERSON IN EVERY MOVIE AND TV SHOW GO TO ASPEN?

ASPEN IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. I NEED AN ASPEN-RIN.

Top Bottom