• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
lmao it was poorly stylized garbage

image.php

Calamari41

41 > 38
Acting was was questionable at times, green screen was shoddy, 1995 version was superior. I went in expecting more than I got.

I was going to post an episode of your anime in response but I don't want to subject anyone here to that. Holy shit.

I haven't seen Dredd, btw

TUSR

Banned
the way GAF described it I should have been ready to sign a cheque to try and kickstart a second one. part way through I was laughing at how terrible it was.

There's nothing controversial about liking Dredd. Saying that the 95 version is better is bonkers though. You need to explain yourself there.

Speaking of how terrible Judge Dredd is, this is a good listen.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/judge-dredd/

Blind nostalgia?

I was going to post an episode of your anime in response but I don't want to subject anyone here to that. Holy shit.

I haven't seen Dredd, btw

yo what the fuck is this?

Socreges

Banned
TUSR, have you preordered Criminal Girls: Invite Only yet? Such a shame about the censoring eh. Freedom, artistic expression, and prepubescent fondling under attack :eek:/

EAT RECYCLED FOOD. IT'S GOOD FOR YOU AND GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.

That's all I remember of the 1995 Judge Dredd movie and I'm pretty sure that sums up my opinion of the movie itself.

TUSR

Banned
Only if I got fuckin' narced on

It's a joke. Because it's funny to hear someone talk about something being poorly stylized while sporting an avatar from a lolicon anime.

im reading a bunch of reviews for Dredd because i feel like i missed something here. I watched it on my buddies Sony TV which had that weird motion smoothing which ruined a lot of the style im guessing.

and yeah the loli stuff is weird, show is decent if you can look past japan being japan

Calamari41

41 > 38
I still remember sitting in AP English Literature class in high school after we finished The Scarlet Letter or something, and my buddy raising his hand and going off on a literally five minute speech earnestly comparing the book to the 1995 Judge Dredd. It was brilliant.

TUSR

Banned
since im being shit on hard here, im going to give this the benefit of the doubt and rewatch them by myself on a normal TV.

@1130WDFN
@ArthurJRegner said #RedWings would like to move players like Landon Ferraro to #Capitals for Mike Green.

I know Green's value has dropped pretty hard right now with injuries, declined offense, last year in contract, etc... but :LOL

Like Washington would take a fringe NHL prospect who may or may not be able to make the NHL. I mean, I would love to do that sort of trade with those types of players since we don't give up much but that ain't happening. Plus Holland only gets fleeced, he has trouble trying to fleece other GM's. Well unless it is Feaster who is too stupid to accept fleecings of other GM's when they are right in front of him.

so the sabres want mantha for myers? no thanks. try for mike green.

Just saw that, Mantha is completely off limits right now unless we are getting a major return for him for an established top 2 D or top line player. We haven't had a prospect this hyped/high potential in a long time and Myers is not the D man I want for him.

Edit: What is funny is that Wings fan think Mantha is too much, and Buffalo fans think it is too little. Of course this is HFboards posters too soooo....

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not straight up silly, in a package of some sort but he is held in very high regard right now by almost all Wings fans and it seems management as well and is wanted by quite a few GM's for trades.
That makes more sense, you worded it like a 1 for 1. I wouldn't trade him for Myers either, I wouldn't give up much for Myers period.

I know Green's value has dropped pretty hard right now with injuries, declined offense, last year in contract, etc... but :LOL

Like Washington would take a fringe NHL prospect who may or may not be able to make the NHL. I mean, I would love to do that sort of trade with those types of players since we don't give up much but that ain't happening. Plus Holland only gets fleeced, he has trouble trying to fleece other GM's. Well unless it is Feaster who is too stupid to accept fleecings of other GM's when they are right in front of him.

God, I don't want to trade Greenie :(

Dude's going to be the second coming of Larry Murphy.

Quick

Banned
The previous generation just didn't have the raw power to generate group hugs this real.

NHL 2005 - Players look like their real life counterparts
NHL 07 - Introducing the Skill Stick System
NHL 15 - GroupHugs™ System

So they said they worked on the players from the inside out. Was Pierre involved in that process?

Pierre is very detailed with his work.

not bad except at 0:36 ... jersey's going nuts.. :)

And it's right after he talked about realistic cloth, too. Either they really didn't catch that, or they did that on purpose.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not sure why its so windy in those arenas sometimes.

Cloth physics are cool, but they need to tone it down.
EA always over exaggerates their new features, it was the same with their new physics and hitting system last year.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I have a bad feeling something is up with NHL 15. They're not showing off anything major in any real length and it's already middle of July. We haven't even heard about online stuff like EASHL, HUT, or online franchise.

I have a bad feeling something is up with NHL 15. They're not showing off anything major in any real length and it's already middle of July. We haven't even heard about online stuff like EASHL, HUT, or online franchise.

Don't worry, they just want to show off the stuff that does nothing to gameplay first before they break our hearts with other non-noticeable or miniscule changes.

Quick

Banned
Not sure why its so windy in those arenas sometimes.

Cloth physics are cool, but they need to tone it down.

I really hope they don't "reset" the game and take out features.

I don't think they'll take out HUT or EASHL, but I feel like they might take out some of the lesser known ones like being able to create plays.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope they don't "reset" the game and take out features.

I don't think they'll take out HUT or EASHL, but I feel like they might take out some of the lesser known ones like being able to create plays.
Did Madden lose any game modes on the PS4 or XBone? I doubt HUT gets taken out only because that's free money for them. They STILL put out promo packs for that stuff to this day. I know they've had "2 years" to work on the next gen version, but they're still a small team and still have to put out the PS3 and 360 versions. I'm not sure if they're outsourcing those to a different studio like they did for NHL 07-09 on PS2 and PC.

For the love of god just let me carry my pro from game to game. MLB The Show does it so EA needs to step it up. I'm still playing NHL 12 and FIFA 12 for this very reason.

Top Bottom