• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

The Bravely Default soundtrack is so good.

The Toews-Kane contracts are difficult to compare to others. They have 2 Cups, are in their prime years (26), and are absolute money in the playoffs. Sure other contracts look like "bargains" but they don't come with hardware and their pedigree. Hawks will have trouble staying competitive though with those contracts and Hossa's.

Also the new CBA changed things.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kane and Toews signed for 8 years, 10.5 million each.

At the very least, one of those years will be wiped out by a work stoppage, so I guess it isn't too bad for Chicago.

I know Green's value has dropped pretty hard right now with injuries, declined offense, last year in contract, etc... but :LOL

Like Washington would take a fringe NHL prospect who may or may not be able to make the NHL. I mean, I would love to do that sort of trade with those types of players since we don't give up much but that ain't happening. Plus Holland only gets fleeced, he has trouble trying to fleece other GM's. Well unless it is Feaster who is too stupid to accept fleecings of other GM's when they are right in front of him.

LOL at Holland. Come on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sorry--dp.

I guess to make it worthwhile I will mention how I am in the process of trying to acquire a complete Nintendo 64 game collection. There is some hot garbage in that system's library.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 7m
Vacation tweet: Note that Kane/Toews deals are front-loaded as well as the fact they include $44 million each in signing bonuses

@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 7m
So $44 M of the $84 M is in signing bonuses...

Just saw this gif over in gaming side, can't believe I haven't seen it before in here or reworked for different teams:

giphy.gif

Vman

How cone he didn't resign with Minny?

No room for him. we basically swapped Vanek for him and we have to many young guys who warrant a top 6 role. And as well as Heatley did on the 4th line for parts of the year we wanted to get a faster 4th going into this year. Dude is nothing but class.

Plinko

It's my favorite old school system. Lots of good memories, and I missed out on a lot of decent games when I went to college and only had a PS1/2 around. That said, WOW, the framerates on some of these games. Ugh.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 7m
Vacation tweet: Note that Kane/Toews deals are front-loaded as well as the fact they include $44 million each in signing bonuses

@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 7m
So $44 M of the $84 M is in signing bonuses...

Somebody help me out here as to how this affects cap.

Top Bottom