• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Socreges

Banned
Just saw this gif over in gaming side, can't believe I haven't seen it before in here or reworked for different teams:

giphy.gif
.... the Stars? What?

Marvie_3

Banned
Im ok with Toews/Kane at 10.5 each. Cap is tight this year but going forward, theres a lot of dead weight the Hawks can ditch. Plus they have a ton of solid prospects ready to step in as soon as roster spots open up.

No room for him. we basically swapped Vanek for him and we have to many young guys who warrant a top 6 role. And as well as Heatley did on the 4th line for parts of the year we wanted to get a faster 4th going into this year. Dude is nothing but class.

Agree completely. His playoffs + how he handled diminishing playing time really changed my opinion of him around. For a while I thought he was useless/shouldn't be in the league but he got his stuff together near the end of the year + playoffs.

Heater has to be one of the slowest skaters in the league. His greatest skill is being huge so he can screen goalies.

That and working with young players. Really classy guy who while not able to keep up with a speedy line certainly has a solid hockey IQ. He'll work with the Ducks' younger players and really help them out.

Helped out a ton with Coyle and Nino for sure.

Mentok

Banned
Did I read right that Toews and Kane both have front-loaded deals? I didn't think you could do that anymore under the new CBA?

Also, a bit surprised that MB hasn't gotten it done with Subban yet...has me worried.

Heatley at 1 mil is pretty sweet. Sure he's on the decline, but he can still be a good threat.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Did I read right that Toews and Kane both have front-loaded deals? I didn't think you could do that anymore under the new CBA?

Also, a bit surprised that MB hasn't gotten it done with Subban yet...has me worried.
I wouldn't worry at all, Bergevin has shown he'll ride these out, and he's dealing with Meehan who's one of the best in the business. I expect this to go until the very end, but I'd bet everything I have that it'll get done before the arbitration date. He's going to be the highest paid defensemen after this, it's a huge deal for them to negotiate.

You can but there's a limit how much you can frontload. I think the salary can't drop by more than 50% year on year.

You can't pay someone $10M one year and $1M the next.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Heatley for 1mil is a damn steal.

Though the Flyers don't have the cap space it seems, in fact (according to capgeek) they're over lol.

Someone take Vinny, please. I'll throw in a case of Tastykakes and some Cheesesteaks.

Mentok

Banned
You can but there's a limit how much you can frontload. I think the salary can't drop by more than 50% year on year.

Oh wow, interesting. Didn't know that. Kind of glad, as I like some form of front-loaded contracts, it allows for a player to stay a franchise player without handcuffing the team when their skills decline.

I wouldn't worry at all, Bergevin has shown he'll ride these out, and he's dealing with Meehan who's one of the best in the business. I expect this to go until the very end, but I'd bet everything I have that it'll get done before the arbitration date. He's going to be the highest paid defensemen after this, it's a huge deal for them to negotiate.

Oh I'm sure they'll get a deal done, but a part of me wonders if one side is looking for short-term. Just me being paranoid I guess lol.

Did anyone read EKane's interview? What a way to say "I'm here regardless of if I want to be"...

Thought it was 50% from the highest year in the contract to the lowest.

Cuz if it was just 50% year to year you could pay a guy 20, then 10, then 5, then 2.5, then 1.25, then .625 and average out at 6.5 or so.

Could definitely be wrong.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With how our offseason has went, I really, really don't miss watching it right now.

The belly laugh I will have when Cleary hits the ice for his first PP shift is going to be amazing.

Hollywood Heater!

not Dany Heatley @DanyAllStar15 · 1h
Yeah, HELLOO SUNNY ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA ARE YOU READY TO PARTY AND IM DEMANDING # 15 FROM GETZLAF BY THE WAY

not Dany Heatley @DanyAllStar15 · 53m
Yeah, can already see myself posted up on Huntington Beach flexing my traps and taking pulls of bacardi in public who cares where's my boat

not Dany Heatley @DanyAllStar15 · 37m
Yeah, my off ice conditioning is gonna be going into Disneyland hammered and picking a fight with the guy in the Mickey Mouse costume

Samyy

It's helps that I play every week so I never really "miss" hockey per say. But one who doesn't or wants to really watch pro hockey I can see.

I don't even have enough friends that like hockey to occasionally play street hockey, haven't played since middle school :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hollywood Heater!

not Dany Heatley @DanyAllStar15 · 1h
Yeah, HELLOO SUNNY ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA ARE YOU READY TO PARTY AND IM DEMANDING # 15 FROM GETZLAF BY THE WAY

not Dany Heatley @DanyAllStar15 · 53m
Yeah, can already see myself posted up on Huntington Beach flexing my traps and taking pulls of bacardi in public who cares where's my boat

not Dany Heatley @DanyAllStar15 · 37m
Yeah, my off ice conditioning is gonna be going into Disneyland hammered and picking a fight with the guy in the Mickey Mouse costume

I want this to be his real account so badly

I don't even have enough friends that like hockey to occasionally play street hockey, haven't played since middle school :(

I haven't played street hockey in forever, used to do it quite a bit in the summer, thankfully though there is enough people that show up for ice drop in and I met a few people who rent ice time every few weeks for pickup games and such.

Thought it was 50% from the highest year in the contract to the lowest.

Cuz if it was just 50% year to year you could pay a guy 20, then 10, then 5, then 2.5, then 1.25, then .625 and average out at 6.5 or so.

Could definitely be wrong.

Oh yeah you're right:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...reaking-down-the-nhls-new-cba/article6976187/

Variance: 35 per cent per year but a minimum of going no lower than 50 per cent of the highest year

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just be leaving this here for future photoshopping purposes:

Jesus fuck...dat Red Lobster...!

There are indoor leagues that play in gyms around Toronto. I used to be a part of one (they stopped sadly...) that was good. Skill level was way higher than me though and we always had trouble getting a goalie.

Top Bottom