• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whenever I hear Red Lobster now, I just think back to that thread that poster made about how his family went to Red Lobster and how he considered it fine dining.

Stet

Banned
Jesus fuck...dat Red Lobster...!

There are indoor leagues that play in gyms around Toronto. I used to be a part of one (they stopped sadly...) that was good. Skill level was way higher than me though and we always had trouble getting a goalie.

My friend was in a ball hockey league in Toronto for a while but he was asked to leave due to his unbridled rage.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fresh seafood is GOAT. Nothing in the world like lobster 3hrs removed from the ocean floor, or same day tuna sashimi off the back of a fishing boat.

Fresh seafood is a completely different experience than frozen and shipped.

Gimme some Tuna/Spicy Tuna Sashimi and I'm very, very happy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Please tell me you're kidding.

Or is there just no Sushi in all of Minnesota?
It's not that far fetched, even in Ontario there's lots of places like that. You're in Vancouver, of course seafood is going to be a big deal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's not that far fetched, even in Ontario there's lots of places like that. You're in Vancouver, of course seafood is going to be a big deal.

I really shouldn't be laughing, the first time I had Sushi was IN Vancouver, after I moved. When I was 19. There's really not many Sushi places in land-locked European country.

It still baffles me though, I guess I've gotten so used to it being everywhere. And it's delicious.

toews_kane.jpg

Wooooo!

tumblr_lra9xv2e2z1qii13uo1_500.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Only seafood place in town is Red Lobster.

Don't care tho cuz seafood sucks bruddah.

So wrong.

My friend was in a ball hockey league in Toronto for a while but he was asked to leave due to his unbridled rage.
Lol. I was worst player almost the entire time. The grinding goalie screener. It didn't help the guys I played with were playing for years and I just jumped in once a week for a few months. It's too bad it's no longer there and was far. It was fun to get some exercise and work off the aggression.

You fuckers just convinced me to get some sushi.
I had tuna so fresh they cut it right out of the fish in front of me.
Sigh...I need to go get good sushi this weekend.

Gimme some Tuna/Spicy Tuna Sashimi and I'm very, very happy.

Love tuna. I could eat tuna steaks swordfish and Mahi-Mahi forever and not be bored ha. The one I'm talking about was in the Keys and this captain was selling a bunch of yellowfin caught during the day. He had one just filleted on the back of the boat with some soy sauce offering to people. The best tasting sushi I've ever had. The meat tasted bright and full of flavor without that iron-y taste usually from tuna.

Whenever I hear Red Lobster now, I just think back to that thread that poster made about how his family went to Red Lobster and how he considered it fine dining.

That's So GAF™

What anime was his avatar from?

(Sorry TUSR)

Jesus. I feel sorry for people who's only exposure to seafood is Red Lobster.

I picture Florida as one big Dexter backdrop where Cuban music is constantly playing and everyone is eating shrimp, oysters and lobster.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Love tuna. I could eat tuna steaks swordfish and Mahi-Mahi forever and not be bored ha. The one I'm talking about was in the Keys and this captain was selling a bunch of yellowfin caught during the day. He had one just filleted on the back of the boat with some soy sauce offering to people. The best tasting sushi I've ever had. The meat tasted bright and full of flavor without that iron-y taste usually from tuna.
Where is dis?!?! D:

I had tuna so fresh they cut it right out of the fish in front of me.
Sigh...I need to go get good sushi this weekend.

So good.

EDIT: Marvie is Minnesota secretly full of beautiful white women? I've never met an ugly chick from Minnesota. They're fair skinning with nice brown hair and amazing eye color.

Var

Anyone who considers Red Lobster fine dining deserves to be shit on.

I took a girl to Olive Garden one time and she said, "I've never been to a fancy restaurant before." and she was dead serious. Blew my mind. She was 24.

I don't like seafood in general, never been to Red Lobster. Like sushi though. I think it depends in how seafood is prepared. I hate oysters but had a meal at a wedding made by a fancy chef and it was awesome.

I don't like seafood in general, never been to Red Lobster. Like sushi though. I think it depends in how seafood is prepared. I hate oysters but had a meal at a wedding made by a fancy chef and it was awesome.

There's a place in Koreatown that serves like 20 different kinds of Oysters. You should go there. They don't taste like regular oysters unless those are the ones you order.

I need to eat Uni. Anyone here like it?

Mentok

Banned

Some people consider salt "adding spice to food".... so sad, so sad. Ottawa has gotten MUCH better for seafood dining (it was never as low as only Red Lobster, but still it wasn't that great).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There's a place in Koreatown that serves like 20 different kinds of Oysters. You should go there. They don't taste like regular oysters unless those are the ones you order.

I need to eat Uni. Anyone here like it?
Sea urchin is an acquired taste. I remember having it in Busan. We were at a fish market and you had to pick out what you wanted live and they brought it up to be prepared. They have me some of these spiky ball things and I was thinking wtf?! Put those suckers on my plate and cut them open and I was supposed to have at it. I've never had sea urchin so goddamn fresh before...really really strong taste.

One of the best seafood dishes I've had besides sushi was also in Busan. They grilled gigantic scallops and then cut them up and mixed them into this mozzarella and chopped onion combination that was on some foil and also being slowly cooked. Holy. Shit. I can't believe something so simple could be so good.

That Red Lobster thread serves to remind that people that earnestly say "Y'all" are just the most cringeworthy people out there. Reminds me of that guy at the My Little Pony convention "rave" that stopped it halfway to say "Y'all are throwing glowsticks and it's hittin' kids in the head and causin' liability issues".

That, or they're genuine hicks.

Guys... Don't ever say "Y'all". Please.

That's...... Not inaccurate.

Woah woah... Wait... You're telling me Dexter actually had some believable element of reality in it?

Florida is, and always will be, exactly as depicted in Ace Ventura.

Where every Finkle is an Einhorn.

Top Bottom