• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Stasis

How the fuck do you people tolerate not having AC?

We're moving to a temporary condo while our house is being built and it has no AC unit so I'm buying one of those big noisy "portable" ones just for the 2 months or so of heat left. Just thinking of living without it for even a week in this weather makes me panic.

We need to start a fucking "Smelly needs AC" kickstarter or something =/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

We're moving to a temporary condo while our house is being built and it has no AC unit so I'm buying one of those big noisy "portable" ones just for the 2 months or so of heat left. Just thinking of living without it for even a week in this weather makes me panic.

My roommate's mom is looking for a portable one tomorrow.

I ain't paying for that.

Our AC is a piece of garbage and we bought a portable one. It works fine, but the windows of our apartment open horizontally and it wasn't designed for that so it's a real bitch to set up correctly and maintain, let alone move room to room. Looked for one that would accommodate our windows but haven't found anything suitable.

Smiley90

Our AC is a piece of garbage and we bought a portable one. It works fine, but the windows of our apartment open horizontally and it wasn't designed for that so it's a real bitch to set up correctly and maintain, let alone move room to room. Looked for one that would accommodate our windows but haven't found anything suitable.

the fuck? Where do you live, in an abandoned train compartment?

TUSR

Banned
This is some Russian communist bullshit

j8947Tkdj0d3w.jpg

jbzvB1Ln6tJqQW.jpg

Fuck ya'll, aside from being AC unfriendly they are awesome.

Smiley90

My windows are actually sliding windows too. They need some oilin' though, they're pretty loud.

holy fuck nice view on that second pic though? ballin' much?

You know they make floor, and wall mounted ACs?

Montresor

Very off-topic, but I'm happy about this.

I'm moving from a one bedroom apartment in an awful part of downtown Toronto into a two bedroom condo further north in the city.

The one great thing about living downtown was being able to walk to work. It will be tough to sacrifice that. My new commute will be like this: 5-min drive to the Go train station, and from there it's 45 mins to get to work (from entering the train, to sitting at my work desk).

I'm really excited because everything about my new condo is better than my old downtown apartment. Two sinks in the kitchen instead of just one, etc... (lots of little things like that). And I'll have central AC/HEATING. My old apartment has a loud unit (combination heat/AC) that roars like a jet engine in the living room.

Also, I'm going to live a 5-min walk from my parents and brother. Dem home-cooked meals, lol. It'll be great to hang out with my brother more.

Talk to the English. During my month there I couldn't find AC anywhere. They also don't believe in building rooms with ventilation.

Oh, also we've signed Matthew Lombardi

Calamari41

41 > 38
An AC in my current apartment might as well be a heater.

This beautiful coastal life brehs.

My man! I accidentally left the window open a crack and had to get up in the middle of the night to close it, it was too cold.

It's reached the point of the off season where I begin to rewatch highlights of games from last season.

ha! same here!

Which epic Ducks games do we have to rewatch?

I personally spent some time yesterday watching Corey Perry highlight compilation videos.

THERE GOES MY HERO...
WATCH HIM AAAAAAS HE GOES...

RC

Banned
One of my co-workers is a Kings fan who doesn't think Dustin Brown's a dirty player. Think I'll give him a knee on knee hit after breakfast.

Calamari41

41 > 38
One of my co-workers is a Kings fan who doesn't think Dustin Brown's a dirty player. Think I'll give him a knee on knee hit after breakfast.

As you stand over his broken body, make sure to say "hey if you weren't such a pussy then a love tap like that wouldn't even phase you," to quote a Kings fan friend of mine after the Vlasic hit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I'm moving from a one bedroom apartment in an awful part of downtown Toronto into a two bedroom condo further north in the city.

The one great thing about living downtown was being able to walk to work. It will be tough to sacrifice that. My new commute will be like this: 5-min drive to the Go train station, and from there it's 45 mins to get to work (from entering the train, to sitting at my work desk).

I'm really excited because everything about my new condo is better than my old downtown apartment. Two sinks in the kitchen instead of just one, etc... (lots of little things like that). And I'll have central AC/HEATING. My old apartment has a loud unit (combination heat/AC) that roars like a jet engine in the living room.

Also, I'm going to live a 5-min walk from my parents and brother. Dem home-cooked meals, lol. It'll be great to hang out with my brother more.
Congrats man, most of my closest friends live in downtown Toronto, I know how much of a pain it can be to move around there, and how much of a difference the upgrade can be.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Congrats!

Sanjuro

Congrats, dude. Who is the second bedroom for? Nights when Carlton the Bear needs a filthy mattress?

HjlmSZF.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't you leave your 3DS there?

At least you got it back, if that's the case.

New Weird Al album. I can't get sick of the guy.
I expected his new stuff to be shit, but it's so good. Hard to believe he's still got it after all these years.

yyzjohn

Banned

Sounds good man, what area are you moving to?

Samyy

Can't wait to read all of it then.

Im assuming people are saying it not much of an upgrade.

Here is what is going on so you don't have to read it:

A) Naughty Dog included a 30 fps lock option because people were bitching about dat cinematic 30fps feel and how it would ruin the game if it was 60fps.

B) Concern trolls take this to mean that the game actually doesn't run at 60 fps.

And now its just going back and forth from there.

TUSR

Banned
More of a framerate debate than anything else.

Ooooof.

Here is what is going on so you don't have to read it:

A) Naughty Dog included a 30 fps lock option because people were bitching about dat cinematic 30fps feel and how it would ruin the game if it was 60fps.

B) Concern trolls take this to mean that the game actually doesn't run at 60 fps.

And now its just going back and forth from there.

Did people forget multiple Naughty Dog employees have confirmed that it runs at 60fps?

Sanjuro

I'm still waiting that moment that EA put all their resources into making neat videos for yet another NHL re-hash.

Yet, after MLB: The Show, they could just add a new hat and they would have done more.

Samyy

Ooooof.

Did people forget multiple Naughty Dog employees have confirmed that it runs at 60fps?

TUSR pls
Its very simple.

Xbox fans will jump at any potential bad news for Playstation, just as Playstation fans would jump at any potential bad Xbox news. Death to logic.

TUSR

Banned
TUSR pls
Its very simple.

Xbox fans will jump at any potential bad news for Playstation, just as Playstation fans would jump at any potential bad Xbox news. Death to logic.

i never understood the whole console vs console debate.

just play games you are interested in.

fun things are fun.

Top Bottom