• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I always understood console wars pretty much to be boiled down to "I picked console X and not only do I not want to be wrong about dropping $500+ on X, I can't afford consoles Y and Z so I want them to fail so all the publishers flock to X for their best games"

Stupid shit

TUSR

Banned
Your experience was already devalued when you bought "Insert Your Console Here".

how dare you, im going to spend the afternoon counting pixels to deface your argument.

I always understood console wars pretty much to be boiled down to "I picked console X and not only do I not want to be wrong about dropping $500+ on X, I can't afford consoles Y and Z so I want them to fail so all the publishers flock to X for their best games"

Stupid shot

This is accurate.

Video games aren't supposed to be fun. Get outta here.

youre part of the problem.

Sanjuro

I think the only console which my "dislike" has held up a tad is the Nintendo Wii U. I just got one a few weeks ago for a great deal. My only issue is Nintendo's ideals. They are by far the least progressive company when it comes to their primary console.

Still, there is fun to be had.

Razorskin

----- ------
I've been watching Rock'em Sock'em videos for the past couple of days and it's just full of nostalgia for me. It has also allowed me to hone up on my Cherry-isms.

I think the only console which my "dislike" has held up a tad is the Nintendo Wii U. I just got one a few weeks ago for a great deal. My only issue is Nintendo's ideals. They are by far the least progressive company when it comes to their primary console.

I can see a legitimate gripe about whether or not a console advances/doesn't advance the industry. However I think most debate is of the petty variety.

zroid

Banned
I heard about Chris Kluwe suing the Minnesota Vikings. Good for him tbh. The NFL shouldn't be allowed to get away with the shit they pulled on him.

youre part of the problem.

But I read it on NeoGAF so it must be true! ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

Sanjuro

I can see a legitimate gripe about whether or not a console advances/doesn't advance the industry. However I think most debate is of the petty variety.

The online and the method about handling their digital content are the obvious glaring holes. Their UI and the forced usage of the gamepad are more petty.

Wii U Pro Controller is possibly one of my favorite controllers I've ever held. Why can't I use it on the settings menu!?

TUSR

Banned

Dedicated SSB4 machine.

The online and the method about handling their digital content are the obvious glaring holes. Their UI and the forced usage of the gamepad are more petty.

Wii U Pro Controller is possibly one of my favorite controllers I've ever held. Why can't I use it on the settings menu!?

Same reason you need to have a Wii Mote to use the Wii's menu. I just don't know the reason.

Sanjuro

Same reason you need to have a Wii Mote to use the Wii's menu. I just don't know the reason.

Nintendo was nice enough to let me re-download my Wii games from an old console. What they didn't tell me is my console was then rendered useless afterward, until I raided a friend's closets and procured a OG Wii remote.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Stupid shit

I didn't know console wars existed until halfway into the PS2/GC/Xbox generation. I had no clue that the PS2 was outselling the other two combined by a ridiculous margin... In fact, if I never went to the gaming side, I would never know that the Wii U is a "failure" sales-wise. I would just see it as my favorite console since the N64 and leave it at that.

Shit, you mean Mario 3D World only sold 215,000 copies the first month? I guess it wasn't fun, after all...

Samyy

I've pretty munched owned every major console since the NES. This time I decided I'm only buying 1 and it's quite freeing. Also I need to grow up.

I've always had one, I never have time to play many games. Even when I was a kid the most I got was an hour a day.

Took me nearly a full year to beat FFX lol.

I guess I'm not counting handhelds.

Thunderstorms today. Very scary

I have posted here a few times before though it's been a while. Got too busy with school/life. Thx for the welcome dasterdly.

Wait, I know you.

1405516728-1.jpg

o boy

Yaaaaas.

Also, lol @ grime saying NHL is looking good

Acid08

Banned
Watched the BlazBlue EVO finals, was too hype. Actually makes me want to pick up the game, the first one is only $15 on Vita.

I didn't know console wars existed until halfway into the PS2/GC/Xbox generation. I had no clue that the PS2 was outselling the other two combined by a ridiculous margin... In fact, if I never went to the gaming side, I would never know that the Wii U is a "failure" sales-wise. I would just see it as my favorite console since the N64 and leave it at that.

Shit, you mean Mario 3D World only sold 215,000 copies the first month? I guess it wasn't fun, after all...

You either had a Super Nintendo or a Genesis. You told those Sega kids that Blast Processing was bullshit and they fired back that Sega Does What Nintendon't

Calamari41

41 > 38
You either had a Super Nintendo or a Genesis. You told those Sega kids that Blast Processing was bullshit and they fired back that Sega Does What Nintendon't

Sorry breh too busy watching the sprites rotate in Yoshi's Island to listen to your bullshit. Sega Genesis... three buttons? Don't make me laugh, plebeian.

WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL
OFSHIT

You did not have fun playing Sonic.

Marvie_3

Banned

gamecube and dreamcast still rank above it for me but the wii u is climbing up the list in a hurry.

Sanjuro

I feel like I've become a better person having owned a Genesis.

I did play Super Nintendo, just got it later in its cycle.

gamecube and dreamcast still rank above it for me but the wii u is climbing up the list in a hurry.

Tough to climb without arms!

I skipped the entire PS2/GC/XBOX gen. Had an N64 and then went PC for a few years. Started buying GC games once the Wii came out (brother got a used GC): it was hard tracking down older rarer games but I'm glad I jumped in when they were still relatively affordable.

Heretic

Welcome!

Which epic Ducks games do we have to rewatch?
The two epic comebacks are my faves:
Game 6 against Dallas
Down 4 - 0 against the Jets

Very off-topic, but I'm happy about this.

I'm moving from a one bedroom apartment in an awful part of downtown Toronto into a two bedroom condo further north in the city.

The one great thing about living downtown was being able to walk to work. It will be tough to sacrifice that. My new commute will be like this: 5-min drive to the Go train station, and from there it's 45 mins to get to work (from entering the train, to sitting at my work desk).

I'm really excited because everything about my new condo is better than my old downtown apartment. Two sinks in the kitchen instead of just one, etc... (lots of little things like that). And I'll have central AC/HEATING. My old apartment has a loud unit (combination heat/AC) that roars like a jet engine in the living room.

Also, I'm going to live a 5-min walk from my parents and brother. Dem home-cooked meals, lol. It'll be great to hang out with my brother more.
Party at Monty's!!!

Kessel has a girlfriend in Bozak. He's a good American boy who has values and would never cheat on her. Not like Lupul who gets 5 girls a night just by existing.
Fixed.

Fun fact: You know you are in the south/heart of the old confederacy when you see families wearing shirts with the confederate flag all over them.

Currently in Virginia right now on vacation at Kings Dominion Theme Park

Acid08

Banned
Fun fact: You know you are in the south/heart of the old confederacy when you see families wearing shirts with the confederate flag all over them.

Currently in Virginia right now on vacation at Kings Dominion Theme Park
I see this in California from time to time. A few years back I got into a bit of a bar scuffle because I called this dude in a cowboy hat and confederate flag tshirt a piece of shit.

I see this in California from time to time. A few years back I got into a bit of a bar scuffle because I called this dude in a cowboy hat and confederate flag tshirt a piece of shit.

The more important thing here is did you win or get a good old fashion southern whoop'n?

Top Bottom