• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Acid08

Banned
Demers signs for two years 3.4 AAV. Wish the term was three years but no major complaints here. Hope he continues to improve.

Samyy

I see this in California from time to time. A few years back I got into a bit of a bar scuffle because I called this dude in a cowboy hat and confederate flag tshirt a piece of shit.

I used to laugh at the US for the number of crazies you guys have but this whole Rob Ford and Toronto elections fiasco has opened my eyes to the number of asshat crazy people in Canada.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I see this in California from time to time. A few years back I got into a bit of a bar scuffle because I called this dude in a cowboy hat and confederate flag tshirt a piece of shit.

One of these guys from the Inland Empire was driving around my area going toward the beach. He and his redneck buddy were in a jeep with a huge-ass confederate flag waving from the back on a pole. I did my best to run them off the road but I failed.

Sherman should have salted the earth.

Weird Al's videos are taking these songs to another level.

The new one today for Foil is a masterpiece. That switch halfway through is all-time.

Acid08

Banned
The more important thing here is did you win or get a good old fashion southern whoop'n?
It was a scuffle, not a full on fight. We got separated pretty quickly.

One of these guys from the Inland Empire was driving around my area going toward the beach. He and his redneck buddy were in a jeep with a huge-ass confederate flag waving from the back on a pole. I did my best to run them off the road but I failed.

Sherman should have salted the earth.
The big ass flag on the back of a lifted truck is the one I see most. Human scum!

Samyy

wtf is the difference between shin megami tensei and persona?

From my experience SMT is a lot more hardcore then Persona.
Imo Persona is more fun.

Both at their core are turn-based JRPGs, but SMT also has some games that are SRPGs.

Acid08

Banned
wtf is the difference between shin megami tensei and persona?
SMT games are traditionally way more focused on dungeon crawling over story. They also have the demon negotiation mechanic which is their defining feature. The old Persona games had this too, they're closer to troo hxc smt than modern Persona is.

The Persona games now are way more focused on story and the dungeon crawling is easy by comparison.

Where do you live, Acid?
Tha Yay Area

Samyy

So pretty much waifus.

Well yea maybe a bit, but its a lot more tasteful then other games, like a lot.

Oh and both games have a Pokemonish element in the sense that in SMT you capture demons to fight with you and in Persona you unlock "Personas" that you use that grant you different spells and abilities.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah they're both fun with great mechanics. I couldn't get far in Persona 4 because the story just dominates at the beginning, and it's literally hours before you get to a fight and even longer before you get to a dungeon. With SMT4, you get thrown into the demon pit like ten minutes into the game and you will be immediately slaughtered.

TUSR

Banned
SMT games are traditionally way more focused on dungeon crawling over story. They also have the demon negotiation mechanic which is their defining feature. The old Persona games had this too, they're closer to troo hxc smt than modern Persona is.

The Persona games now are way more focused on story and the dungeon crawling is easy by comparison.

Well yea maybe a bit, but its a lot more tasteful then other games, like a lot.

Oh and both games have a Pokemonish element in the sense that in SMT you capture demons to fight with you and in Persona you unlock "Personas" that you use that grant you different spells and abilities.

Im like 8 hours in, gunning for a few waifus. But there are too many. I feel like I would have to replay this game 3 times to get all the story and shit in. I don't have that much timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Im like 8 hours in, gunning for a few waifus. But there are too many. I feel like I would have to replay this game 3 times to get all the story and shit in. I don't have that much timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If you're loving the social mechanics, stick with it. If you want the pure distilled gameplay, start up SMT4.

SMT4 has the far superior soundtrack, too. Come at me, Persona bros. Kiccigiorgi Forest - best haunted forest theme in gaming.

Acid08

Banned
Couldn't get into SMTIV, just didn't suck me in. I also don't like the way the battles look.

And Persona 3 has better music than both.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Couldn't get into SMTIV, just didn't suck me in. I also don't like the way the battles look.

And Persona 3 has better music than both.

Yeah SMT4 went for an interesting old school look during the battles. Made me feel good, but I can see how it wouldn't resonate with everyone.

Samyy

I don't think its possible to max all the social links unless you follow a guide or something.

TUSR

Banned
If you're loving the social mechanics, stick with it. If you want the pure distilled gameplay, start up SMT4.

SMT4 has the far superior soundtrack, too. Come at me, Persona bros. Kiccigiorgi Forest - best haunted forest theme in gaming.

SMT4 was like 10$ more expensive than any other game on the 3DS E-Shop, Atlus tax or something.

I don't think its possible to max all the social links unless you follow a guide or something.

I figured out depending on the waifu that how you say things to her matters. if only i leveled courage earlier on in the game id be swimming in uhhhhh waifus...

Calamari41

41 > 38
yeah, but wouldnt the other body pillow get jealous?

welp im in too deep

That's what these are for:

Sleep_mask.jpg

zroid

Banned
Forbes released a list of the top 50 most valuable sports clubs in the world. 30 NFL teams are there, while the only NHL team on the list is the Leafs.

Tops in various sports:

#1 Real Madrid ($3.44 B)

#4 New York Yankees ($2.5 B)

#5 Dallas Cowboys ($2.3 B)

#13 New York Knicks ($1.4 B)

#26 Toronto Maple Leafs ($1.15 B)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone know of any sites having summer sales for jerseys? I'd like to grab one or two before the season starts.

Top Bottom