• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
Anyone know of any sites having summer sales for jerseys? I'd like to grab one or two before the season starts.

Come down to the fashion district in downtown LA with a $20 and I'll hook you up. Hope you're good with a purple and green Wayne Gretzky Habs jersey. The finest silkscreen in town.

Lol yeah I thought of that example off the top of my head but I'm half expecting someone from SoCal NHL GAF to post a photo of it verbatim.

I actually really enjoy ducking into shops and looking at their bizarrely inaccurate jerseys. I'll start taking pictures if I can remember. There's a great used sports memorabilia shop near the Echo/Echoplex that is fantastic for this.

RE: wrasslin' in the NHL thread. Reminded me of Alucard

Jewels From the Crown said:
Chris Jericho is a relatively easy choice for Marian Gaborik's comparable. Like Gaborik, Jericho came over from a poorly-run organization. If we pretend Jericho was traded for Jeff Jarrett, who debuted in WCW a few months after Jericho first appeared in the WWF in the second half of 1999, the analogy makes even more sense; I like Jarrett, but the difference between Gaborik and Matt Frattin is roughly equivalent to the difference between Jericho and "J-E-Double-F, J-A-Double-R, E-Double-T-HA!", no matter how many NWA World Titles he would later book himself to win. And like Gaborik's on-ice shooting percentage boost was exactly what the Kings needed, Jericho brought a much-needed dose of workrate to the WWF's famously bad undercards. Quick, try to name a great WWF undercard match in 1999 that didn't involve a ladder or Shane McMahon taking bumps through tables. It's a trick question, 'cause it doesn't exist. On the other hand, Jericho spent most of 2000 having phenomenal Intercontiental Title matches with a guy I'm not going to mention 'cause thinking about him makes me sad. His weird on-again, off-again feud with Triple H and his storyline wife Stephanie McMahon (thank god she wasn't really his wife, that would just be awkward and give him way too much backstage power) was another highlight, producing the infamous WWF Title reign that didn't count and culminating in the amazing Last Man Standing match on the undercard of Fully Loaded 2000 (a criminally underrated show, by the way; people were just mad at the time that none of the newer guys went over, but who cares about that now). He was a big reason why the WWF actually had good pay-per-views in 2000, instead of just good pay-per-view main events. Big difference.

Anyone know of any sites having summer sales for jerseys? I'd like to grab one or two before the season starts.

Try Sport Chek or Champs. Last I heard they were clearing out Kesler jerseys (lol) and older stick-in-rink ones for ~$50 or so. Of course it depends on where you are. Maybe you can find a cheap Gionta or Gorges one.

Samyy

Jesus christ what the fuck happened to Canadian cell phone plan prices, 80 dollar minimum for 500mb of data?

Rogers you motherfucking assholes...

I actually really enjoy ducking into shops and looking at their bizarrely inaccurate jerseys. I'll start taking pictures if I can remember. There's a great used sports memorabilia shop near the Echo/Echoplex that is fantastic for this.

RE: wrasslin' in the NHL thread. Reminded me of Alucard

You see some funky shit in Chinatown too.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Try Sport Chek or Champs. Last I heard they were clearing out Kesler jerseys (lol) and older stick-in-rink ones for ~$50 or so. Of course it depends on where you are. Maybe you can find a cheap Gionta or Gorges one.

Oh damn, a sale on Kesler jerseys you say?

KESLER_672_DL_ANA.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
yeah im at 60 with telus for 6GB

Wait, you're telling me all Canadian carriers have the same plans for the same money?

COLOUR ME SHOCKED BY THIS COMPETITION

They must have figured out the EXACT cheapest price point to the consumer! good guy canadian phone carriers

-sobs-

Quick

Banned
EDIT:

I'm paying $80. Smiley, I think you said we had the same data plan offered from Rogers.

I'm assuming you're down to $60 by changing parts of your plan.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I come in and you guys are talking about Persona and SMT.

Clearly I am rubbing off on people.

It's July 16th and Vincent Lecavalier and R.J. Umberger are still Flyers and this makes me sad.

TUSR

Banned
Wait, you're telling me all Canadian carriers have the same plans for the same money?

COLOUR ME SHOCKED BY THIS COMPETITION

They must have figured out the EXACT cheapest price point to the consumer! good guy canadian phone carriers

-sobs-

they stopped doing this plan years ago, they now sell the same one for 1GB of data

calder

Jesus christ what the fuck happened to Canadian cell phone plan prices, 80 dollar minimum for 500mb of data?

Rogers you motherfucking assholes...

It's godawful. The most annoying thing is how much plans differ from the same company region to region - when my wife got us new phones last year the guy from Rogers who was taking the order wherever his call centre is expressed surprise at how good the plans in Manitoba were. He also mentioned that Rogers gives Saskatchewan slightly better offers for some reason.

We pay about $60 each for 5gigs of data and whatever bullshit extra talk/text package they insist on pretending people give a shit about to hide the fact they know damn well most people only care about data. That's a bit of a deal for having two phones on one plan, my coworker and his wife also have two iphones but they got the similar "share 10gigs" for a few bucks less than we pay.

I don't usually use more than 3.5g in a month and I don't exactly try to avoid using data because fuck Rogers.

I love Canadian telephone companies.

I work for one.

Best bet is to find an EPP/corporate plan. Most of the carriers will have at least one available for large employers.

If you are self-employed or work for a small company though, yea, it's not so great.

calder

bstrkwrcqaa3dtsq4rnz.jpg

Interesting photo making the rounds on twitter. I say "interesting" because it's shocking to me personally that Kane just let Toews take his water like that. Stand up for yourself, jesus.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
bstrkwrcqaa3dtsq4rnz.jpg

Interesting photo making the rounds on twitter. I say "interesting" because it's shocking to me personally that Kane just let Toews take his water like that. Stand up for yourself, jesus.

Toews is.... smiling.
I mean, he has 10 million reasons to.

http://abload.de/img/bstrkwrcqaa3dtsq4rnz.jpg[IMG]

Interesting photo making the rounds on twitter. I say "interesting" because it's shocking to me personally that Kane just let Toews take his water like that. Stand up for yourself, jesus.[/QUOTE]

Kane also probably just let Toews take his bank account over too. When you're a sub, you're a sub all the way.

Montresor

Congrats man, most of my closest friends live in downtown Toronto, I know how much of a pain it can be to move around there, and how much of a difference the upgrade can be.

Congrats!

Congrats, dude. Who is the second bedroom for? Nights when Carlton the Bear needs a filthy mattress?

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/HjlmSZF.gif[/IMG]

Sounds good man, what area are you moving to?

Late, but thanks. 2nd bedroom is going to be an office, =p. And it's going to be in
north Etobicoke

Erdrick

Jets resign Carl Klingberg.

*Crickets*

Yeah... We're still gonna suck this year again unless we get a goalie who can stop things and our D actually wake up and play decent. *Point's in Bogosian's direction.* Evander Kane needs to get his eyes looked at too, because I saw him miss much more shots than he hit with. At least we're not saddled with Jokinen's waste of a contract and hopefully guys like James Wright will not continue to be in the lineup. (Seriously, I think Pavelec had as many points has that guy did last year.)

Very glad Setoguchi is gone as well... What a bust he was. First year it was Eric Fehr, then Olli Jokinen and last year was Seto. Hope Perrault wont continue this trend, but we'll have to wait and see.

calder

I'm cautiously optimistic about Perrault and I like the Klingberg signing as a "would be nice if he could stick as a third liner" depth move. He's big and fast and works hard, hopefully he puts it together this year. Beyond that? Hahaha mediocre to bad team that finished last in the Central does absolutely nothing to get better while the rest of the division improves.

All in all, I think we're a lottery team again, and maybe closer to a top three pick than sneaking into the playoffs. As long as Pavs is our starter we can only HOPE to be a playoff bubble team :/

Erdrick

I just remembered that Montoya is gone too. I liked him. Not too sold on Hutchinson yet, but I guess he seems to have more upside than Monty did. I'll always remember him most for his beatdown of that Habs kid last year, with Trouba and the rest helping. Hilarious.

Marvie_3

Banned
Jets resign Carl Klingberg.

*Crickets*

Yeah... We're still gonna suck this year again unless we get a goalie who can stop things and our D actually wake up and play decent. *Point's in Bogosian's direction.* Evander Kane needs to get his eyes looked at too, because I saw him miss much more shots than he hit with. At least we're not saddled with Jokinen's waste of a contract and hopefully guys like James Wright will not continue to be in the lineup. (Seriously, I think Pavelec had as many points has that guy did last year.)

Very glad Setoguchi is gone as well... What a bust he was. First year it was Eric Fehr, then Olli Jokinen and last year was Seto. Hope Perrault wont continue this trend, but we'll have to wait and see.
Bryan Bickell could be next in your line of busts if you want.

Erdrick

*Checks Bickell's Stats*

I'd probably still rather have him than guys like Tangradi or Wright.

What's the deal with him anyway? Injury-prone? Disappears when it matters? Just overall non-point production? Is he a 3rd or 4th liner for you guys? Reminds me, Jets gotta lock down Frolik. He was one of the most solid Jets this past year and earned a decent contract upgrade, IMO. Hope they can get him locked down before they go to arbitration.

Top Bottom