• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Marvie_3

Banned
*Checks Bickell's Stats*

I'd probably still rather have him than guys like Tangradi or Wright.

What's the deal with him anyway? Injury-prone? Disappears when it matters? Just overall non-point production? Is he a 3rd or 4th liner for you guys? Reminds me, Jets gotta lock down Frolik. He was one of the most solid Jets this past year and earned a decent contract upgrade, IMO. Hope they can get him locked down before they go to arbitration.

To be fair, he was injured most of the regular season this year but he's a lot like Byfuglien in that he'll slack off a lot during the season but step up big during the playoffs.

Went to a pub to help plan an intervention with some friends for a friend of ours who's become addicted to ice (meth) and lost his job because of it. We ended up drinking so much that we staged our own intervention for each other.

The two epic comebacks are my faves:
Game 6 against Dallas
Down 4 - 0 against the Jets

They weren't the comeback kings for nothing!

The more important thing here is did you win or get a good old fashion southern whoop'n?

Is a southern whoop'n when the hick is angry and tries to punch you but he can't get close to you because he's so obese and tries to hit you in the face but ends up looking like a broken windmill instead?

I see this in California from time to time. A few years back I got into a bit of a bar scuffle because I called this dude in a cowboy hat and confederate flag tshirt a piece of shit.

I want to go back to NA and walk around in a cowboy hat and confederate flag shirt and then yell some ridiculous loud Aussie slang at everything.

Weird Al's videos are taking these songs to another level.

8 days of 8 new Weird Al clips is like Hannukah for nerds. I'm loving every release so far.

THEY'RE DOING THE THING THAT THEY DID RIGHT BEFORE THE IMAGINE DRAGONS VIDEO SURFACED.

GOD, NO. PLEASE.

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
TO THE NEW AGO
TO THE NAGE
TO MY NGAGE

WOOOOAH WOAH OWHA OAHA OHA

OA<GOME

Oh damn, a sale on Kesler jerseys you say?

KESLER_672_DL_ANA.jpg

daaaamn he look gud

I heard those jerseys are only washable by Tabris tears.

Quake Boss.

I personally spent some time yesterday watching Corey Perry highlight compilation videos.

THERE GOES MY HERO...
WATCH HIM AAAAAAS HE GOES...

Were you inspired to give to charity, donate your legs to kids without legs and then go clean a newly settled refugees apartment after watching them?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the Rangers and Kreider are closing in on a 2 year bridge deal to avoid arbitration.

Kreider's arbitration hearing is set for next Wednesday, Zuccarello's next Friday, Brassard's the following Monday.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
even without it, this spring/summer's already been like the best for movies in years, lol

probably gonna see Dawn this weekend
I've been let down by a few I've seen this summer, but Dawn is the first movie I've seen to exceed my expectations. Great stuff.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I know people are pretty high on that movie but the preview with the fucking ape dual wielding assault rifles on horseback is keeping me far, far away.

They actually treat the "apes with guns" thing very well. It is incredibly unnerving and scary to watch them wield them. That shot, I'm sure, was tailor made for the trailers, to get the teens hyped up.

Sanjuro

They actually treat the "apes with guns" thing very well. It is incredibly unnerving and scary to watch them wield them. That shot, I'm sure, was tailor made for the trailers, to get the teens hyped up.

Except they never reload. Koba Kommander and his cheat codes.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Dawn had more cringe worthy moments for sure. Still, the payoff sequences were really fun, and the end sequence was shot much cleaner than it had any business to be.

The shit with the
rotating tank
was off the chart.
Apes raining from the skies

During the first movie, I told the screen "bro, kill that dude right now" when Koba showed up. They didn't listen. Calamari41 was right.

I would also like to give a shout out to my main man, the chillest of the apes and the nicest guy around, Maurice. Keep on keeping on, brother.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you described some of the scenes from Dawn to me prior to seeing it, I wouldn't believe you could pull it off without it being incredibly cheesy, but they do it somehow.

Edit: ^^ :lol :lol Good Guy Maurice, Nice Orangutan, tries hard, loves the world.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ending felt like Ape version of empire strikes back, in a good way

Yeah I think that Rise was definitely the better "film" but Dawn to me was the better "experience" if that makes sense. A really good middle movie. Btw, do we know if they're planning for just a trilogy or just to keep it going as long as they have stories to tell?

Sanjuro

wait, what?

And I think its pretty clear we're getting a trilogy after the ending of Dawn, I bet they'll announce something by early next year for 2016

It's been a while since I've seen it like I said, but I probably enjoyed them about the same. I still think the original is still in a different tier.

Dawn is a part of a trilogy. Next film is supposed to be out 2016 if I recall.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I haven't seen it in a long time, but I'd even say Rise is on par with Burton's film.

I'm going to forget I even read this.

The only good part about Burton's was Aperaham Lincoln.

Top Bottom