• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I really need to see Big Fish.

Nothing but good things to say about Big Fish. And I'm not a big Burton fan.

Though his choice of Christopher Walken in Batman Returns remains some of the finest casting ever.

"Next time I'll throw her out of a higher window! Until then, I got biggah fish to fry!!!"

"Bruce Wayne? Why are you dressed like the Batman?"

Sanjuro

Nothing but good things to say about Big Fish. And I'm not a big Burton fan.

Though his choice of Christopher Walken in Batman Returns remains some of the finest casting ever.

"Next time I'll throw her out of a higher window! Until then, I got biggah fish to fry!!!"

"Bruce Wayne? Why are you dressed like the Batman?"

His son in the film was also great casting...and he was Zangief in Street Fighter.

"Run...Dad...Save yourself."

So after my trek to Virginia and 2 day visit to King's Dominion theme park for those roller coaster fans here:

Cedar Point > King's Dominion, however...

Intimidator 305 > Millennium Force

Calamari41

41 > 38
I used to like Big Fish, but then I started looking at it from the son's perspective. And he's right. His whole complaint about his dad is that he never paid attention to anybody or anything, and made everything all about him and his narcissistic stories. And that is all true. Even
as he is dying he won't connect with his son. He makes him talk about how all his half made up characters are there waving goodbye to him.

zroid

Banned
Yukiko > all

the scrub pick

can't say I'm surprised
Zys5vCQ.png

Samyy

I have when profs tell the class midterm results were bad at the beginning of class. Now I'm just gonna sit here and stress instead of pay attention you bastard:(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Going to see Planet of the Apes tonight, really liked the first one so I'm pretty excited.

Also, Tim Burton is awful, except for Big Fish.

"Edward Scissorhands" says no. Amazing movie.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Nightmare Before Christmas is a classic.

Thanks.

I'm hyped for the movie. I saw the 17-minute IMAX preview and was even more hyped.

Neoxon and I already booked the Age of Ultron OT for May.
I haven't had any exposure for GoTG prior to this movie, but everything I've seen from it has me pretty excited. I try not to think about AoU because I can't bear the wait, awesome to hear you've got that covered too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've gotta grab a next gen console in the next month or so for NHL 15, probably go with the kinect-less One. I'll wait out a bit and see if some kind of sale comes up.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be playing on ps4...assuming the dowload finishes at some point. Psn taking its sweet time. I knew it would take awhile but damn. Bioshock on ps3 was the same size and looks to be taking less time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Did you guys see the post of the week in the other thread?

I was poor growing up and always wore ugly glasses, so I didn't have the luxury to buy new clothes or anything nice for myself. I looked like a total slob who never got invited to parties, gaming or otherwise. It doesn't help that I had a speech impediment too, so you can only imagine how I awkward it was.

Once I got into highschool though I started working at the library. A perfect place for a bookworm with a lot of free time and so much to prove. I started reading about speaking skills, self-esteem, dance history, and even beauty magazines. But that wasn't enough since I still had no friends or anyone to invite to the quickly approaching prom.

As it got closer, and still no luck or a break in sight, one of my favorite uncles stopped at our place unexpectedly. Apparently he was in the midst of marital problems and his marriege was falling apart, so he asked if he could stay us for a while. My parents welcomed him without hesitation.

He was the only person I trusted or opened up to, and he could see when something is wrong with me from a mile away. So he asked. And I told him, not even realizing how my tears were running down, glistening under moonlight. Afterwards he gently smiled and told me "come tomorrow, everything will be alright."

The next morning he took me out shopping. I bought articles of clothing I've only seen in magazine pages. Stuff I wouldn't be able to afford for another decade or two. We finished our spree by stopping at a salon where I had one of those fancy $60 haircuts. Even the stylist was surprised by the time she was done "son, you haven't done yourself any favors all those years. Especially to your beautiful eyes!" My uncle chuckled and said "you correctly guessed our next stop!" Which I later realized was an optics store where we picked contacts. My very first!

And just when I thought my awesome day was over it got even better— After everyone in our home went to bed, my uncle insisted we work on the last piece of puzzle: my dance moves! We practiced for probably hours, but felt like minutes!

Next morning; the big day. I'll skip over the little details to the important part— my uncle dropping me at prom on his brand new Jaguar... Looks of awe everywhere. I went in, seemingly unrecognized. I stop at the front table and put in my name for registration. "WHAT?!" was the only intelligible thing I heard from students at the table, followed by garbled sounds. I walk into the hall to a crowded room of HS kids and awkward dancing. Now, I'm not religious, but I could swear the crowd parted like the red sea in sight of Moses.

I walked to center of the hall to gasps and "WHO DAT?", "NO WAY!", "FOR REAL?!" and "I REGRET EVERYTHING!" But that was only the beginning— as soon as the music resumed I broke my new dance moves... Styles that were contemporary, while others long forgotten save for history books. Everyone's jaw dropped. Girls started flocking. Thunderous cheers followed the silence that only slides of my $600 shoes interrupted.

Everyone wanted to dance with me. To be around me. To be ME! It should have felt like heaven, but I felt something was still sorely missing. I didn't feel as fulfilled as I thought I would. This big moment can only be perfect if it was spent with someone meaningful... Someone who cared all along. Who saw the diamond in the rough.

I look around looking for that someone, and there he was: my dear uncle leaning next to the entrance with the biggest smile drawn on his face. I wave to him; he waves back. I invite him in; he approaches. We hugged. And almost unconsciously started dancing together. He stops me for a second... Looks into my eyes, and with all the passions he could muster, locks my lips like I've never felt before. The world went silent for a few second... Only to be broken by my uncle's gutteral "EUGH!" as he received a swift baton strike to neck by school security, who dragged him out to the arriving police units.

It turns out he wasn't actually on a break from his marriage, but in fact trying to evade multiple molestation charges.

Sogood.gif

zroid

Banned
Nintendo posted this Super Mario 3D World tips video called The Cat Mario Show, and it is amazing.** I've beat the game 100% and I still learned something. :lol

**Caution: if you are allergic to massive amounts of cuteness, do not watch :p

Did you guys see the post of the week in the other thread?

Sogood.gif

I read it after the mods updated the thread title. I said wow.

Smiley90

also godfucking damnit Russia&Israel

so fucking angry

YEAH

SHOOT DOWN A 300-PEOPLE COMMERCIAL PLANE

GOOD IDEA

THEN POST ON TWITTER AND LAUGH ABOUT IT, FUCKING MORONS

AND ISRAEL, YOU CUNTS ARE NONE THE BETTER

NOW CAN THE US FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP SUPPORTING THAT PIECE OF SHIT COUNTRY TOO SO WE CAN ALL GET SOME PEACE AND QUIET MAYBE ONE DAY IN THIS WORLD

for fuck's sakes.

Smiley90

Time to take a break from posting Smiley

I just had to vent that first.

Also vented on my Russian friend's facebook page who was defending Russia invading Crimea before. I fully expect the de-friend instead of a proper response and I don't even care.

Samyy

I just had to vent that first.

Also vented on my Russian friend's facebook page who was defending Russia invading Crimea before. I fully expect the de-friend instead of a proper response and I don't even care.

Yep I have Russian friends defending Russias actions.
They are also the same dudes thinking its hard being a white male because everyone (minorities/LGBT/women) gets special attention :lol

Yea I should probably defriend.

Top Bottom