• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Have RAM prices dropped back down? I got 8GB for ~$40 when I built my PC in late 2012 and last I checked it had doubled in price.

Other than that I'd just recommend making a budget and waiting for a sale.

TUSR

Banned
Mine too. Every morning.

Its like a second cup of coffee, gets me heated up.

Have RAM prices dropped back down? I got 8GB for ~$40 when I built my PC in late 2012 and last I checked it had doubled in price.

Other than that I'd just recommend making a budget and waiting for a sale.

there was flooding and damage to a bunch of RAM manufacturers iirc.

I sent one to a bunch of managers in Montreal. Boss wants 'a chat' with me later today :(

I emailed an engineer at Shell and called her out for not knowing her company's own specs for document submittal and took a screenshot of their provided specs when questioned.

She sent me one today that made me smile :')

Spl1nter

Leads the D in points

His point totals are not that good really. He only had 15 ES points, the same amount as Rielly. People think he will do well in arbitration but I think the leafs can create a very strong case that he does not deserve much money with his poor plus minus and quality of competition.

Sanjuro

He's the biggest bro on the team I think.

He'll always be my favorite Dunkin Donuts employee.

NdL7XHR.jpg

I didn't notice his sleeve filled out either.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. which movies?

Been picking up my favourite movies, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Children of Men(which is a shit blu-ray btw, non-hd special features, of which there aren't many), Assassination of Jesse James, along with some recent stuff like Gravity.

Also picked up Dragonball Z Kai to show to my younger brothers. I want my Falconer music, Vegeta's final flash lacked his awesome music and some shitty J-Pop song played while Trunks was fighting Cell.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's level cap?

And is there any other way to level aside from Raid&Crucible? Moon seems locked :(

zroid

Banned
Anyone played the Rune Factory series? Been wanting to try it for years but never did for... reasons. Picked up a cheap used copy of Rune Factory 3 and it's pretty great so far. For a Harvest Moon game that's seemingly had a bunch of RPG systems shoehorned in, the RPG elements are surprisingly well-done.

There's also a crap-ton of waifus so most of y'all would probably like that part. :p

TUSR

Banned
Anyone played the Rune Factory series? Been wanting to try it for years but never did for... reasons. Picked up a cheap used copy of Rune Factory 3 and it's pretty great so far. For a Harvest Moon game that's seemingly had a bunch of RPG systems shoehorned in, the RPG elements are surprisingly well-done.

There's also a crap-ton of waifus so most of y'all would probably like that part. :p

yo whats this?

apparently RF4 is good

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I played the first one and liked it but I didn't get too far into it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Destiny beta any better than the alpha? My friend gave me a code for PS4, but I haven't downloaded it yet. I want to like the game, but I just find it so blah. I feel bad cause I have like 5 friends working on it. I should have some time tonight to actually sit down and try it out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some of his best friends are redblack.
gifs_01i1sqy.gif

I just saw a tweet from the Canucks about Jordan Subban, and it got me thinking: could the two brothers reach PK's level of prominence and skill (within their own position)?
P.K. has said that he thinks Jordan is better at his current age than P.K. was at that age, but I don't really see it happening.

zroid

Banned
I played the first one and liked it but I didn't get too far into it.

I picked it up last night before bedtime, just planning to check out the opening sequence and tutorials and such... and before I knew it 2 hours had passed and it was 3 am. :lol

Pretty addictive, just like Harvest Moon. But then you have all this other stuff to do as well. I often tend to get bogged down in RPGs where they throw tons of systems at you (*cough* Disgaea *cough*) because I just never make any progress. I feel like RF does a good job of letting you ease yourself into everything at your own pace.

I just saw a tweet from the Canucks about Jordan Subban, and it got me thinking: could the two brothers reach PK's level of prominence and skill (within their own position)?

I think he's too small to be an effective defenceman. Hope he proves everyone wrong though.

Anyone in NHL-gaf play Payday 2 on PC?

Haven't sunk many hours into it, but it's way better than the original. Some of the DLC is pretty good though (particularly the sniper one).

Sportsnet had a bit on Del Zotto. They basically begged teams to sign him.

What's his problem? He seemed pretty good 3-4 seasons ago. Attitude?

No we meet our shitty game quota by playing Rise.

Zioey3m.png

LP, I've wasted a bunch of time with it over the past couple weeks. I agree that it's a lot better than the first game. Lots of fun if you like co-op FPS.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sportsnet had a bit on Del Zotto. They basically begged teams to sign him.

What's his problem? He seemed pretty good 3-4 seasons ago. Attitude?
Potential that never turned into reality. There are flashes of it at times, he'll have a great moment, and then he'll do something very, very stupid. He's a liability defensively, and his offensive potential hasn't panned out, leaving you with almost nothing but negatives.

He could be a good reclamation project for someone, though. He's still young, so there's always the possibility that he could eventually figure it out.

Quick

Banned
Ok Quick, here you go. These are the parts I used over a year ago, and my shit is still demolishing anything I throw at it. Just hit "add to cart" and you'll be good.

A large capacity Solid State Drive, or two lower capacity ones. This is your most important purchase. It will make your rig virtually noiseless and reduce the heat significantly, not to mention you'll go from cold to opening up Steam in ten seconds flat. Keep your music and shit on an external if you're worried about space. AT LEAST throw in a tiny SSD as a boot drive. Your life will change.

Sapphire 7950 Video Card

Intel i5 Processor

8 GB of DDR3 RAM. You don't need more than that unless you're running shit like Solidworks simulations, just like you don't need an i7 processor over an i5 for the same reason

A good power supply like this one

ASUS Micro ATX motherboard - This one is gone... just pick out a similar one. You need the Micro ATX because you're going to be putting all of this into...

This tiny-ass Silverstone case. It's basically the size of an XBone. This puppy doesn't need case fans, so it stays whisper quiet and I have never once in my year and a half of use had anything close to a heat issue. It sits under my TV like a cable box and blasts out games with fidelities unknown to mankind.

You don't need any CD or BD drives, they are just a waste of space in your case. If you need to use physical media, you can easily get an external and just connect it via USB.

Yes, this exactly is what the Solid State Drive will change. I had the same problem. I used to get home from work, hit the power button, and then by the time I was done changing and going to the bathroom and all of that I would walk back and it would still be booting up. Now I hit power and I'm looking at my desktop by the time I turn around and sit down.

If nothing else, switch from an HDD to a SSD.

Thanks, Calamari.

I'll do a bit of tinkering on your list, but this is a great start. I used to keep track of PC parts, but I stopped paying attention some time ago because I couldn't be bothered to keep my rig up to date.

Funny you didn't list a DVD/BD drive, since my two DVD drives are busted and only works half the time on my current PC.

Top Bottom