• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
our starting goalie was injured on march 13th

our record after march 13th: 2-12-0

our record before that was 37-24-7

advanced stats could see that injury coming!1111!!
SIMMONSBIO.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hmmm i think I am going to start building my advanced stat within the next week

Does hockeystreams still have all last season games and possibly previous seasons too?

Maybe i should make this into a crowdsourcing effort

1230 games a year is a lot of stuff to watch

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hey let's go check out all these teams with good advanced stats and see their banners for ourselves sometime.

Those stats aren't advanced stats, they are complimentary stats

Hence why i call them garbage stats because they aren't useful. They are about as useful as +/-

If you were a GM and were shown your teams corsi stats, how would you be able to use it to improve your team? How do they show your weaknesses and strengths? They really don't.

If you were a coach and were shown your corsi stats, how would you coach your team differently? Everything is systemic, stat is heavily reliant on team play and can't give you specific clues what to change... they are still forced to look at tape and identify/correct mistakes

We could talk about the tons and tons of idiots on the internet overreacting in a bad way to the news that Thomas Vanek is "involved in an illegal gambling investigation" when all it is is him voluntarily submitting a witness testimonial in a federal case against one of his former AHL teammates.

We could talk about the tons and tons of idiots on the internet overreacting in a bad way to the news that Thomas Vanek is "involved in an illegal gambling investigation" when all it is is him voluntarily submitting a witness testimonial in a federal case against one of his former AHL teammates.

Doesn't help when some media outlets write up click-bait headlines.

Doesn't help when some media outlets write up click-bait headlines.

Oh of course. The first story about it was from a local writer and then all the national outlets ran that same sensationalist headline for several hours until new information came out that clarified what Vanek's position was.

There aren't any charges against him at all but some are acting like he just got Martha Stewart'd.

Top Bottom