• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

zroid

Banned
Wonder what the O'Reilly deal says about his relationship with the team - all better?

Does 2 years take him to UFA?

Iggy probably sweetened the deal
Zys5vCQ.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hearing Lars Eller requested $3.1M and Montreal offered $1.650M.
I believe it'll be closer to $3 M for the final number.

Wonder what the O'Reilly deal says about his relationship with the team - all better?

I believe so, and didn't Av's management say they didn't want to pay anyone over $6 M?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I believe he would still be an RFA. He'd only be 25 and signed his ELC at 21.

EDIT: Oh, O'Reilly. For some reason I thought we were talking about Kreider. Nevermind.

TUSR

Banned

I believe so, and didn't Av's management say they didn't want to pay anyone over $6 M?

I expected Eller to get 2.75-3.25. This is pretty spot on.

The Avalanche's inability to sign key players to contracts they deserve will stop this "rebuild" thats been going on.

Red_Man

Dreger on the radio trying to bring Shanahan down for bringing in Dubas this late in the summer and saying how he's spoken to people who say you just don't do that :lol :lol

Enjoy your time as a mouthpiece while you still can Dreger.

Dreger on the radio trying to bring Shanahan down for bringing in Dubas this late in the summer and saying how he's spoken to people who say you just don't do that :lol :lol

I can't imagine the Shannaban gives any shits at all as to what Dreger thinks.

Red_Man

He's still going, it's getting embarrassing how much he's covering up for Nonis & crew.

What would be the point of doing that now? I don't think Shanny or Dubas are ready for the big time, so who else would you put in there?
I mentioned yesterday how I saw a tweet that Shanahan wanted to wait a year before he cleaned house and then bring in Dubas but someone else wanted him. Basically it looks like this year will be a warm up for Dubas.

He's still going, it's getting embarrassing how much he's covering up for Nonis & crew.

I mentioned yesterday how I saw a tweet that Shanahan wanted to wait a year before he cleaned house and then bring in Dubas but someone else wanted him. Basically it looks like this year will be a warm up for Dubas.

Yeah, or he's actually giving Nonis and Carlyle a year to see if they can get their shit together.

Either way there's no clear upgrade on either out there right now, and change for change's sake is something that helped us get into this mess in the first place.

Red_Man

Carlyle is an old school coach. Bringing in a guy as progressive as Dubas seems like a pretty good indicator that Shanahan is moving forward, and is probably aware that Carlyle's time is done, but like you said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of good alternatives out there right now.

Carlyle is an old school coach. Bringing in a guy as progressive as Dubas seems like a pretty good indicator that Shanahan is moving forward, and is probably aware that Carlyle's time is done, but like you said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of good alternatives out there right now.

Sure, Daryl Sutter was a pretty old school coach too. I'm sure Carlyle has been told they expect him to change the way he does business. He either will and he'll stay, or he won't and he'll go.

yyzjohn

Banned

I love how this sort of argument means you can't do it. "It's just not done at this time!". Fuck you Dreger, didn't the Hawks demote Dave Tallon in mid July too? Different circumstances but that was a "late" change. That was the GM role too, not assistant.

Red_Man

I thought he was your boy. ;)

Funny how as Nonis becomes more desperate, Dreger's place in the hockey universe becomes more apparent.
He's still one of the more respected insiders with legitimate connections, but all this cheerleading he's been doing since Nonis has taken over has become nauseating.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

That's a really low offer considering how good he was last year, plus this year's playoffs. If 3.1 is the ceiling I'm happy either way, just wish we signed him to a longer term deal.

Red_Man

That's a really low offer considering how good he was last year, plus this year's playoffs. If 3.1 is the ceiling I'm happy either way, just wish we signed him to a longer term deal.
That's just Bergevin starting with a low ball, I think he's shown he's a tough negotiator. I'm expecting 2 years at close to 3 M, but it's hard to say since he had such a weird season.

He's still one of the more respected insiders with legitimate connections, but all this cheerleading he's been doing since Nonis has taken over has become nauseating.

I don't mind the cheerleading. I find Doug McLean to be a pretty good hockey entertainer, and he spends a good chunk of time boosting his friends when ever he can. The difference is that McLean is open/shameless about what he's doing, while Dreger - at least in his Leafs stuff - couches everything he says in impartial language, as if he's comlpetely neutral on the subject.

calder

I wonder how Eller is going to respond to this insulting offer of deliberate insult, other than to be insulted and request a trade to a smaller, colder Canadian city out west that can sure as hell use a center with even a modicum of skill and would be willing to overpay.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how Eller is going to respond to this insulting offer of deliberate insult, other than to be insulted and request a trade to a smaller, colder Canadian city out west that can sure as hell use a center with even a modicum of skill and would be willing to overpay.

Eller for Kane

Red_Man

I don't mind the cheerleading. I find Doug McLean to be a pretty good hockey entertainer, and he spends a good chunk of time boosting his friends when ever he can. The difference is that McLean is open/shameless about what he's doing, while Dreger - at least in his Leafs stuff - couches everything he says in impartial language, as if he's comlpetely neutral on the subject.
I think that's my biggest issue with it as well and also considering the fact that he's one of the more regarded guys in the media, and he's suppose to be in a position of impartiality. You don't see McKenzie, LeBrun, Jean, etc cheerleading teams like this.

If/when Nonis gets fired Dreger will suddenly be giving updates on NHL unemployment benefits and mentioning Nonis as a top candidate for every future NHL GM vacancy.

Red_Man

No idea how I missed this, but Neanderthal extraordinaire, Shawn Thorton was signed by the Panthers. Don't sleep on this team, or he'll bash your skull in.

BtLKImvCEAA7ITV.png:large

Eller, your first this year and, I dunno, as a throw in that Beaulieu kid.
Sure thing, trading away a young defensive stud has never bit us in the ass before!

zroid

Banned
Tim (of Tim and Sid) has been talking eSports for like 10 minutes. I don't even watch eSports really but this is kind of weird, lol.

The Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys looks similar to the Leafs jerseys already with the blue and white. Stamkos should feel right at home.

Carlyle will give him 4th line minutes

Quick

Banned
:-O

Commence hysterical over-reaction... NOW

The Jets will relocate to Atlanta soon enough. Evander Kane, Andrew Ladd, and Dustin Byfuglien "home" coming imminent.

Tony Dungy needs to shut his fucking mouth.

I'm assuming you're referring to his "things will happen" comment about Michael Sam.

He's always annoyed me on TV with his sanctimonious shtick. I'm not really surprised that he would say what he said.

Remember when somebody asked Brad Richards about Toronto the year he was a UFA? Same shit.

Edit: here it is, even more direct than Stamkos

“When the time comes, if that’s an option, Toronto is always a No. 1 hockey destination,” said the 30-year-old when surrounded by reporters after the Stars’ morning skate.
“It would be great being a Canadian playing in Toronto but we’re not even close to that bridge yet and, like I said, I’m focused here.”

Top Bottom