• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was sad when he was doing so well with the leafs and then gets an injury to his wrist that eventually ends his career. (down the road)

Nobody saw that man being forced out by a wrist injury.
I thought it would be good for Toronto. Then shit hit the fan...I don't even think they made the playoffs that year? Could be mistaken...

Edge of Tomorrow is fantastic, even more so once you block out the fact it's Tom Cruise on the screen.

The only problem(if any) is like most films
the ending

JVR - Stamkos - Kessel
Lupul - Nylander - Kadri

Stamkos would be spending all his money on therapy and stress tabs playing in TO.

Besides he'd still be #2 behind Bozak.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've never been a huge Cruise fan aside from Collateral, which is one of my all time favourites. Give me more of that kind of Cruise.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122336647

Creeping me the fuck out and I haven't even seen the pictures.

Thank fuck there weren't any pictures in that OP, didn't scroll any further.

I see OT titles like this, hover over them for a second and then go, "you know, I'm not actually that curious"

Just like the, "Woman goes blind from wearing contacts for too long(NSFW Pics)" thread that was floating around for a couple days.

Yeah, but there's a difference here. Leafs didn't think Richards was worth $7.8 million a year. They were offering him something like $5.5-6 million. Considering how he turned out for NYR....

Richards turned down more money from the leafs than he took with the Rangers, and he was getting paid 6.6 by us

2 conference finals appearances, an eastern conference championship - sure the leafs wouldn't have wanted that you're right.

Quick

Banned
The photos in the article weren't bad, actually. Just a hole where they extracted the teeth, and a kid that wasn't so amused.

I'd say 4/10 on the creeps meter, and I hate seeing leech mouths, especially when someone photoshops them onto someone's finger or skin.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The photos in the article weren't bad, actually. Just a hole where they extracted the teeth, and a kid that wasn't so amused.

I'd say 4/10 on the creeps meter, and I hate seeing leech mouths, especially when someone photoshops them onto someone's finger or skin.

I'm still haunted by that picture of toddler skulls with double sets of teeth still present.

*shudders*

Quick

Banned
Should've read Heretic's book. He'll even in the preface it says "Do not play the bone-o-phone in view of M'Ladys. Act ashamed of your meat marine enough in front of the desired lady and she will be overcome with guilt to the point dating you."

Chapter 88: Boner? I barely know her!

Merguson

Banned
Richards turned down more money from the leafs than he took with the Rangers, and he was getting paid 6.6 by us

2 conference finals appearances, an eastern conference championship - sure the leafs wouldn't have wanted that you're right.

The Leafs were offering a higher cap hit for five years but the total amount of money he was getting from the Rangers was better.

Acid08

Banned
Should've read Heretic's book. He'll even in the preface it says "Do not play the bone-o-phone in view of M'Ladys. Act ashamed of your meat marine enough in front of the desired lady and she will be overcome with guilt to the point dating you."
UICxgx0.png

The Leafs were offering a higher cap hit for five years but the total amount of money he was getting from the Rangers was better.

My mistake then.

Regardless, let's not act like it will be about money if Stamkos hits UFA. He'll get a blank check wherever he goes.

The point I'm making is that the media around Toronto has a history of putting these guys on the spot.

Hell they tried to do this with Tavares before he was even drafted.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

If you say so...

"We lost out on the Brad Richards sweepstakes for two reasons," said Burke, who is believed to have offered the player a six-year, $42-million deal. "One, we didn't offer as much money as other teams and more importantly we didn't structure the contract like other teams did.

Richards signed a contract that looked like this:
$12 mil
$12 mil
$9 mil
$8.5 mil
$8.5 mil
$7 mil
$1 mil
$1 mil
$1 mil

Scratch those last 3 years and it looks a whole lot like $9.5 mil/year vs the leafs $7 mil/year

Yes i was wrong on the leafs amount but his NYR contract was still $2.5 mil a year higher lol

If you say so...

"We lost out on the Brad Richards sweepstakes for two reasons," said Burke, who is believed to have offered the player a six-year, $42-million deal. "One, we didn't offer as much money as other teams and more importantly we didn't structure the contract like other teams did.

Richards signed a contract that looked like this:
$12 mil
$12 mil
$9 mil
$8.5 mil
$8.5 mil
$7 mil
$1 mil
$1 mil
$1 mil

Scratch those last 3 years and it looks a whole lot like $9.5 mil/year vs the leafs $7 mil/year

Yes i was wrong on the leafs amount but his NYR contract was still $2.5 mil a year higher lol

see my above post. acknowledged that I was wrong in that regards but that money's not going to be an issue anyway RE: Stamkos.

Solo

I don't think Stamkos will leave (good team around him that is only gonna get better), but if he did I think it would be to a contender,

But after all this I hope he goes to the Sens just to see dat salt.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Stamkos will leave (good team around him that is only gonna get better), but if he did I think it would be to a contender,

But after all this I hope he goes to the Sens just to see dat salt.

loooooooooool like they could afford him
sorry, cakey

Man, that's fucking lame. Making sure your zipped up is actually paramount to making sure you yourself aren't embarrassed, which is more harmful than someone seeing you check to make sure you're zipped up.

I got in trouble a few days at work because I was sitting in front of someones machine while someone was remoted in and doing some work on it. They had a Myki (our smart card traveling system for public transport in Melbourne) retailer user guide open on their desk. I looked at it and flicked through a few pages.

I got reprimanded for it. Someone witnessed me looking through internally available information and thought I was snooping.

Fuck everything.

TUSR

Banned
i was watching welding deposition methods on youtube and i got my internet taken away at work because someone thought i was just watching youtube not doing work.

Top Bottom