• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MacAttack

Man, that's fucking lame. Making sure your zipped up is actually paramount to making sure you yourself aren't embarrassed, which is more harmful than someone seeing you check to make sure you're zipped up.

I got in trouble a few days at work because I was sitting in front of someones machine while someone was remoted in and doing some work on it. They had a Myki (our smart card traveling system for public transport in Melbourne) retailer user guide open on their desk. I looked at it and flicked through a few pages.

I got reprimanded for it. Someone witnessed me looking through internally available information and thought I was snooping.

Fuck everything.
This kid at work left his browser open on Facebook today and his girlfriend was messaging him. I wasn't snooping but I had to use his computer for something and I could see it flashing in the toolbar. I consulted my boss and we got into a serious discussion about whether or not to send dick pics.

This kid at work left his browser open on Facebook today and his girlfriend was messaging him. I wasn't snooping but I had to use his computer for something and I could see it flashing in the toolbar. I consulted my boss and we got into a serious discussion about whether or not to send dick pics.

On friday we all went to the pool for work. While we were there some "gangsta"s showed up.

My boss (~40ish) comes over to me and bitched for a good five minutes to me about today's youth and their fashion choices and how the "baggy jeans are just ridiculous. If that's cool...then I'm just not cool. I don't want to be. That's so damn stupid. You have to waddle. We're in North Dakota and have the coldest winters around but that doesn't mean you have to be a penguin."

Couldn't help but laugh.

TUSR

Banned
So Kat, Moon is the epitome of unfun levels.

Vehicles ruin the game. Im going out for coffee, lets do some PVE later.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So Kat, Moon is the epitome of unfun levels.

Vehicles ruin the game. Im going out for coffee, lets do some PVE later.

I hate the moon. Stupid vehicles. They make me do worse than usual. I'm good for some PvE. Gonna level my hunter to 8.

1Qn4szb.jpg

Vatman will bring Justice to the League

Quick

Banned
I thought you were going to say my book so I was getting ready to punch you in the face for reals!

Chapter 99: The Princess is in Another Castle

Sometimes, m'lady ends up dating that total douchebag instead of your nice guy self. She'll totally realize this one day. But for now, perhaps m'lady is just a store away, reading that new fiction book by that hot new author. Brush up on your knowledge of literature and tell her to smile! She's definitely the one.

Getting heartbreak pangs when I think of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Working at Luma Pictures while they were working on the CGI and seeing it nearly released is like looking at an ex-girlfriend with her new boyfriend.

... Except you're also dating someone new and even though she isn't as young or exciting, she's better conversation, better in bed and goes on more fun dates.

"Never start with the head, the victim gets all fuzzy. You can't feel the knee hit."

Quick, my god, wow.

Official reprimand?

Or email from the boss telling you that you're an asshat. Love those ones.

Boss told me to stay back after a team meeting. Official warning.

i was watching welding deposition methods on youtube and i got my internet taken away at work because someone thought i was just watching youtube not doing work.

Places that do a blanket ban on spending personal time on the internet can suck a fuck. It's 2014.

This kid at work left his browser open on Facebook today and his girlfriend was messaging him. I wasn't snooping but I had to use his computer for something and I could see it flashing in the toolbar. I consulted my boss and we got into a serious discussion about whether or not to...

huehuehuehuehue

... send dick pics.

oh come on, really?

MacAttack

Places that do a blanket ban on spending personal time on the internet can suck a fuck. It's 2014.

huehuehuehuehue

oh come on, really?
Of course not, just having a laugh about it. We've told him repeatedly to stop using Facebook during work so we took it to the extreme. Honestly, I didn't even open the browser window because I do respect his privacy but I'm thinking a Facebook IP ban might be in order if he keeps it up. (That is still more than I would like to do but what else can be done when he is constantly on there and won't listen to verbal warnings.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I recall a study I saw in passing that said people need to have a bit of freedom in regards to browsing, especially at work. Nobody can be at work and 'work' the entire time, and it's draining to do so.

Never thought a fucking game company would be so strict about it though. These are the sorts of small issues that can add up to a shitty work environment.

MacAttack

I recall a study I saw in passing that said people need to have a bit of freedom in regards to browsing, especially at work. Nobody can be at work and 'work' the entire time, and it's draining to do so.

Never thought a fucking game company would be so strict about it though. These are the sorts of small issues that can add up to a shitty work environment.
I don't disagree with that but there is a fine line between having a bit of freedom to browse and a legitimate distraction that effects productivity.

The tree goes like this:

Does employee meet satisfactory standards in their work and meet KPIs appropriate to the SLA?
|
|
|_ Yes -------> Internet browse.
|
|
|_ No -------> Remove internet access from account until employee review period. If met SLAs, restore access.

Of course not, just having a laugh about it.

Phew. Dick pics are a fucked up phenomenom of recent. And I can't believe we as human males are fucking doing it. Would you wave your dick around at a party? Probably, but if you did you're a fucking animal that deserves to be kicked out.

Uh oh, old man Dastardly's been drinking again.

TUSR

Banned
hey you want to improve your quality of work as a fabrication facility?

no fuck you.

Who wants to Destiny PVP/PVE tonight

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sportsnet is doing a special on Subban along with 9 other Canadian athletes, and he was on BT this morning with Kypreos:

http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/

They show a picture of him in a Leafs jersey with a C on it from when he was a kid, start the rumours of reuniting him with Stamkos.

TUSR

Banned
Sportsnet is doing a special on Subban along with 9 other Canadian athletes, and he was on BT this morning with Kypreos:

http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/

They show a picture of him in a Leafs jersey with a C on it from when he was a kid, start the rumours of reuniting him with Stamkos.

ok ok ok

Stamkos will not be part of the Lightning when his contract expires. But isn't this conversation 2 years early?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price won't be skating until the end of August due to the rehab of his injury, I'm not sure how normal that is, but it sounds worrisome.

ok ok ok

Stamkos will not be part of the Lightning when his contract expires. But isn't this conversation 2 years early?
Lightning just released a post on twitter countering it, so I guess not.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Price won't be skating until the end of August due to the rehab of his injury, I'm not sure how normal that is, but it sounds worrisome.

Lightning just released a post on twitter countering it, so I guess not.

What post ? I just see a quote from stamkos saying he wants to win and hopefully he can do it Tampa... Which is kind of what he said yesterday without the "in the next two years"

We don't call that a counter, we call that damage control.

Top Bottom