• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I need to hear from cube before I make a decision on this contract.

I go to Red to hear how great the Habs are, I need to hear from Cube about how shitty they are then I pick somewhere in the middle for the real truth.
He should be pretty happy since he won't have to replace his posters for a while

kJYD8m8.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Seems like a decent contract. Dude is coming off a disappointing year but a good playoffs. Kind of the opposite of Demers' contract.

Socreges

Banned
It's a bit pricey in the first year or two, but if he can gain the consistency in the regular season that he does in the playoffs, he'll be underpaid those last 2 seasons. I think he can get there, and apparently so does Bergevin.
See now you're talking about the AAV, I think, and I'd agree. I'd say the salary structure is meaningless. The AAV is what the negotiations are largely about and what they actually earn each year could be based on lifestyle as much as projections of production.

Hard to resist for $5, maybe I'll grab it and try and marathon through both it and the first game in a weekend.

I watched my brother play; combat isn't a button-masher and requires well-timed counters and combos. You're supposed to build up a "flow" from enemy to enemy. The production values are top-notch as well.

Red_Man

See now you're talking about the AAV, I think, and I'd agree. I'd say the salary structure is meaningless. The AAV is what the negotiations are largely about and what they actually earn each year could be based on lifestyle as much as projections of production.
The first two years being as low as they are balance out the AAV, I expected them to be closer to $3 M in the first two years, but Bergevin balanced it out with term. Now he just needs to finally push through and prove he can be a consistent top 6 player.

I watched my brother play; combat isn't a button-masher and requires well-timed counters and combos. You're supposed to build up a "flow" from enemy to enemy. The production values are top-notch as well.
I felt that through the first couple hours I've played through the first one, I'm just not naturally a huge Batman fan. I saw some of the stuff for the next gen one though, and it looks amazing so I figured I should get through these other ones while I can.

Red_Man

Hasn't he been on the third line for like...his entire career

Why would anything change?
He's been stuck there because of mismanagement and because he's stuck behind both Desharnais and Plekanec. DD can't play a bottom 6 role, and Eller isn't at Pleks level yet. Eller has been groomed as the heir apparent to Plekanec and as a second line forward, and has produced well when given quality line mates. The hope is DD would be moved out, and eventually we would have A.Gally / Eller / Pleks as our C's.

lol Hockeyy Insiderr

Isn't he the one who ended up being some Montreal-area high school kid? I recall some internet sleuths outing him a couple years ago.

MacAttack

Can't be worse than Claude!

Yes, it really has been terrible watching Claude fumble with this team over the years.

All he's done is help take a franchise that missed the playoffs two straight years before he arrived, had no identity and was so bad the owner of the franchise had to paint alternating seats black to hide the flagging attendance into a perennial Cup Contender while developing young talent into household names and created an environment that veteran players seem to really appreciate and actually want to sign with (which never happened before).

Oh yeah and he took the team to two Stanley Cups, won the first Cup in Boston since Bobby Orr played (as a considerable underdog) and was the assistant coach during Canada's 2014 Gold Medal run.

By all means, bring back the golden years of Mike Sullivan, Robbie Ftorek and Steve Kasper.

Sanjuro

Yes, it really has been terrible watching Claude fumble with this team over the years.

All he's done is help take a franchise that missed the playoffs two straight years before he arrived, had no identity and was so bad the owner of the franchise had to paint alternating seats black to hide the flagging attendance into a perennial Cup Contender while developing young talent into household names and created an environment that veteran players seem to really appreciate and actually want to sign with (which never happened before).

Oh yeah and he took the team to two Stanley Cups, won the first Cup in Boston since Bobby Orr played (as a considerable underdog) and was the assistant coach during Canada's 2014 Gold Medal run.

By all means, bring back the golden years of Mike Sullivan, Robbie Ftorek and Steve Kasper.

I get what you're saying, and I'm well aware of the successes this franchise has had with him. That being said, he is not the primary factor in the blueprint. The organization spending more money for practically the first time and putting a good support system into the upper management are the main factors.

Claude is a success as a coach by winning a Stanley Cup and garnering himself job security. As a coach, he is a fairly stubborn one and doesn't do well with making adjustments.

He basically was a few steps away from becoming a Grady Little, except nobody really gave a shit about the Bruins on the grand scheme of things in the Hub.

Foggy

Hey guys, joined recently and wanted to say howdy. Any Blue Jackets fans in these parts or is this going to be a one-man party?

For the love everything holy re-sign Johansen already!!!!!!

Hey guys, joined recently and wanted to say howdy. Any Blue Jackets fans in these parts or is this going to be a one-man party?

Welcome!

We have a couple Ohioans that show up from time to time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

WOOO

A BLUE JACKETS FAN

Welcome!

There's like... 3 of you here that very sparingly show up. One has the most badass cellar I've ever seen (somebody find the link to the post plz)

Nobody here hates the Blue Jackets (I think) so you'll most likely be one of the least hazed new members.

Pick up your badge and paperwork from Heretic, get your book signed while you're at it and make sure to keep simping.

Also, what's your opinion of Gordon Ramsay. This is important.

Red_Man

Smileys like the over excited puppy that loses its shit anytime someone knocks on your door

Foggy

Thanks guys! I recently moved to Houston, but last year I got back into hockey for the first time since I was in junior high and watched the shit out of some Blue Jackets hockey. Watched at least 90% of the Jackets games on Gamecenter and the others were live so I plan on being a mainstay during the regular season again this year(especially riding the wave of this past year). Since I'm down here now I guess I'll adopt Dallas as my Western Conference team. Sucks I can't go to their home games anymore, but at least I don't have to use a proxy to watch them on Gamecenter anymore.

Gordon Ramsay:
Sexy???

Top Bottom