• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Quick

Banned
Got here just in time, I leave tomorrow morning. Quick, I'll be walking around Toronto with this abomination across my chest.

iIanXwUo8qsDh.gif

God damn.

MacAttack

I get what you're saying, and I'm well aware of the successes this franchise has had with him. That being said, he is not the primary factor in the blueprint. The organization spending more money for practically the first time and putting a good support system into the upper management are the main factors.
I'm not sure there are many (any) coaches in hockey that could pull a team out of mediocrity without a good supporting cast around him. But there are plenty that could singlehandedly bury a team (see Hartford). Claude has seemed to be in lockstep with Chiarelli and company throughout his tenure and he has been rewarded with enough leash to overcome a difficult playoff loss that many players point to as a rallying point and learning experience for the Stanley Cup run that followed.

Claude is a success as a coach by winning a Stanley Cup and garnering himself job security. As a coach, he is a fairly stubborn one and doesn't do well with making adjustments.
Winning a championship is one of the only reasons you will see a coach retained long term in any sport. It is usually a culmination of everything that came beforehand and a reward for a job well done. His "stubbornness" and faith in his system could also be described as consistency and I'll bet players and management both appreciate that. I can't recall a single Bruins player complaining about Claude. It has also paid off in the standings.

He basically was a few steps away from becoming a Grady Little, except nobody really gave a shit about the Bruins on the grand scheme of things in the Hub.
This is only accurate from a fans perspective. The number of differentiating factors in these scenarios far outweigh any commonality you might try to imbue. It's a sports radio argument that has little bearing on reality.

MacAttack

Hey guys, joined recently and wanted to say howdy. Any Blue Jackets fans in these parts or is this going to be a one-man party?

For the love everything holy re-sign Johansen already!!!!!!
When you're a Blue Jackets fan, you never have to party alone!

arty_party.gif

Samyy

Just heard that the BBC is adapting the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell into a TV Show.
I haven't been this hyped.....ever.

Everyone read the books now! :D

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Man, Tabris REALLY needs to stop trying to shove his dick money down other people's throats

UebVxHl.jpg

ShaneB

Just heard that the BBC is adapting the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell into a TV Show.
I haven't been this hyped.....ever.

Everyone read the books now! :D

Yeah, those books have been on my radar for a while, I need to read anything by Cornwell really.

Hey guys, joined recently and wanted to say howdy. Any Blue Jackets fans in these parts or is this going to be a one-man party?

For the love everything holy re-sign Johansen already!!!!!!

Welcome aboard! CBJ fans seem like good people.

Sanjuro

I'm not sure there are many (any) coaches in hockey that could pull a team out of mediocrity without a good supporting cast around him. But there are plenty that could singlehandedly bury a team (see Hartford). Claude has seemed to be in lockstep with Chiarelli and company throughout his tenure and he has been rewarded with enough leash to overcome a difficult playoff loss that many players point to as a rallying point and learning experience for the Stanley Cup run that followed.

Winning a championship is one of the only reasons you will see a coach retained long term in any sport. It is usually a culmination of everything that came beforehand and a reward for a job well done. His "stubbornness" and faith in his system could also be described as consistency and I'll bet players and management both appreciate that. I can't recall a single Bruins player complaining about Claude. It has also paid off in the standings.

This is only accurate from a fans perspective. The number of differentiating factors in these scenarios far outweigh any commonality you might try to imbue. It's a sports radio argument that has little bearing on reality.

Seems like your perspective has changed a bit over time. I remember defending the Seguin deal, while everyone else was crying foul. That would go against your argument of him developing players. He couldn't successfully implent two top picks who have proven to be scorers for over franchises.

I don't even hate Claude. I just know what he is. He is basically the Terry Francona for our hockey franchise, and that's not a bad thing.

Hot girl on Tinder. Likes Ice Hockey and is a Melbourne Mustangs fan as well as various bands and shows I like etc.

We been chatting all day and going really well. Then she asks about NHL teams...

... She's a Kings fan.

Is it too late to swipe left?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hot girl on Tinder. Likes Ice Hockey and is a Melbourne Mustangs fan as well as various bands and shows I like etc.

We been chatting all day and going really well. Then she asks about NHL teams...

... She's a Kings fan.

Is it too late to swipe left?

Infiltrate the base and destroy from within

if you know what I mean

She is the type of woman you marry.

Yeah, arranged marry to a jihadist.

Infiltrate the base and destroy from within

if you know what I mean

Ahhh yes, turn her into a lesbian through emotional damage. I like it!

That's what you meant, right?

Have sex with her and then when you're about to nut, lean in and whisper "quack quack" into her ear as you bust.

:lol :lol.. Go to nut in her face then quickly put your hand in to intercept it... "Save by Andersen"

If it ever gets that far, there will be Quick 5 hole jokes.

Seriously taking all my willpower to not be a thirsty simp every time she messages me. Girls don't usually have this effect and I'm usually always in charge.

FFS.

Why does she have to have good taste in things, be hot and into hockey?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Seriously taking all my willpower to not be a thirsty simp every time she messages me. Girls don't usually have this effect and I'm usually always in charge.

FFS.

Why does she have to have good taste in things, be hot and into hockey?

She must be quite something if you are able to look past the beer gut, jean shorts, and her balding head.

You guys, I don't think I could've been a Rocky Mountain Extreme fan. Even if the rest of the team's history played out exactly the same way.. I just don't think I could endure that kind of fate. Am I bad hockey fan? :(

Calamari41

41 > 38
You guys, I don't think I could've been a Rocky Mountain Extreme fan. Even if the rest of the team's history played out exactly the same way.. I just don't think I could endure that kind of fate. Am I bad hockey fan? :(

I don't think anybody could blame you... I mean, that's like a bad example of an arena football team name or something. The positive, though, is that I'm sure the name would have been changed within five years.

Have sex with her and then when you're about to nut, lean in and whisper "quack quack" into her ear as you bust.

Why just whisper? Be proud to be a Mighty Duck. When she turns around, each thrust warrants a "Quack." Ramp up the speed.

Quack.
Quack.
Quack. Quack.
Quack. Quack. Quack.
Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack.

Gooooooooo Ducks!

Here's some help with the rhythm:
iEXZPgzTsjrCl.gif

http://youtu.be/93iLTn0BpBc

Also, you should have a Duck mask on. As you do her from behind

Quick

Banned
Got here just in time, I leave tomorrow morning. Quick, I'll be walking around Toronto with this abomination across my chest.

I really wish I could see this in person. Unfortunately I won't be in the downtown area at all the entire week.

This is awesome dude. I'm jealous. How much was it?

On another note, you guys talk about really dumb shit most of the time in this thread

Top Bottom