• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Dastardly, are you drunk on love, alcohol, or both?

It's Friday at 5:45pm, so currently I'm Beyonce drunk (got me lookin' so crazy righ' now) and in a few hours I'll be Dominos and Captain Morgans drunk (got me lookin' so cakebossed righ' now).

I JUST REALLY LIKE HER OK.

Oh, we also talk on the phone every night, so I know for certain she's a human and not a giant catfish. And her voice is so fucking hot too. AUGH.

... yeah that was today.

that was the native chick.

fuck ya'll for saying I shouldn't have seen her.

REV WAS THE ONLY ONE

REV, WE'RE COOL

Hey HEY I was all in favour of whatever opportunity was the one that gets you laid and/or lovedrunk.

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME LIKE MY FATHER DIDN'T

My Dad and I are tight

SO WHAT HAPPENED?

Finally saw The Winter Soldier
How am I going to survive not seeing Guardians until Saturday night :(((

How good is The Winter Soldier. Class action, that.

She's going to knee you in the junk and then steal your kidneys while you're on the ground.

Yeah that sounds about right. Then do a selfie over my twitching corpse.

Dead babies, dead bodies. Damn it.

Tinder used as a political activism platform... Wow, that's a first. SWIPE RIGHT FOR DEAD BABIES!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
you can just tell he was waiting for someone to ask

congrats on the kid

d7TBk.gif

Quick

Banned
Another profile:

Looks like a cool person.

*swipe for more photos*

Fake Winter Classic Flyers jersey? AW HELL NAW. *swipe left*

Joking, swiped right - whatever, I say.

Solo

Subban is going to arbitration in 70 minutes.

What a monumental fuck up. He's now either going to walk away as a UFA in 2 years or we're going to have to grossly overpay him to stay. Neither solution is pleasant, and arbitration can be a nasty bit of business that leaves both parties resentful of eachother.

Get something done in the next hour, you cunts.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Important fact to keep in kind, a contract can be figured out until the arbitrator awards Subban. So even if it goes to arbitration, they still have time after to figure it out.

Solo

I suspect the ruling will come today though. Let's be honest, Subban's case for $8.5M will be much more compelling than Montreal's case for why he's only worth $5.25M. Arbitrator will rule close to Subban's number in no time. Not sure if it'd be a one or two year deal though, or how that is determined.

I suspect the ruling will come today though. Let's be honest, Subban's case for $8.5M will be much more compelling than Montreal's case for why he's only worth $5.25M. Arbitrator will rule close to Subban's number in no time. Not sure if it'd be a one or two year deal though, or how that is determined.

I'm pretty sure the player gets to select the duration.

Red_Man

From everything I've read, it seems like they want to lock him down for 6-6.5 x 8, where as Subban is looking for 7.5 per with no real idea on term.

From everything I've read, it seems like they want to lock him down for 6-6.5 x 8, where as Subban is looking for 7.5 per with no real idea on term.

Come on, there's every reason to believe there are smart hockey people in there. That can't be a real number they're throwing out.

Red_Man

Come on, there's every reason to believe there are smart hockey people in there. That can't be a real number they're throwing out.
Source is the 4th Period:

While though numbers have been strategically presented in the event the two sides cannot agree to a deal and arbitration is the last resort, it's believed the Canadiens are hoping to sign Subban to a long-term deal worth between $6.5 million to $7 million, per season.

Subban's camp is believed to be looking at between $7.5 million and $8 million, per year, on a long-term contract.

I'm just combining that number with the 8 year offer they have on the table according to Sportsnet.

Edit: That was a from a few weeks ago, it says they both want long term. Hard to imagine they're going this far over a million bucks.

Stasis

I'm thinking about putting together a good table. Nothing fancy, just need a larger table to hold all of my shit, which notably would include two monitors and a MacBook Pro.

I have zero experience with building anything, and the most DIY I've done involved a really crappy macro-photography box.

I know Home Depot cuts wood, but am I being too simplistic in thinking that I could just get everything prepared by Home Depot and simply assemble it at home?

Maybe not what you're imagining but ikea has what you need my man.

Kitchen counter top paired with vika whateverthefuckyouchoose legs. Don't use the cheapo table tops they have for this purpose. The counters are much thicker and very sturdy with many different options in color or natural wood. I don't know if what I used is still around but my desk is fucking awesome and cost like $140 total, minimal modding required. I can post pics later if you're at all interested.

That said, we found this local place where a couple make custom tables using reclaimed barn wood and such in their spare time. Awesome stuff and comes with a matching bench for around $700, but the lead time is like a month from wood selection to delivery. Maybe something like that is available near you.

Now that tables are out of the way, good luck Habs fans. People here are on suicide watch. Most are already annoyed enough about Eller. At least the people in my circles. I believe MB will do the right thing.

Stasis

Someone please make a joke about only seeing Simmonds or Kane.

I can't do it.

Edit: Smelly? Or did native shenanigans last night mean you're a changed man? This is all so much to handle at once.

Solo

And like Weber, don't be surprised if Subban takes a 1 year deal and gets offer sheeted next season.

Fun times ahead! Ugh.

Habs management has mishandled the fuck out of this situation for 2 years now. Shameful.

Red_Man

If the arbitrator settles this, it will be a 1 year contract, as the Habs requested. Then we get to do this shit all over again next year.

Stasis

There's still plenty of time for it to get worked out. Still sucks it made it this far though.

I'd be shocked if it's the arb deal. Even more if Subban isn't a Hab in two years.

Top Bottom