• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Socreges

Banned
That's not the point as Solo pointed out they kept Subban in check 2 years ago and he proved he's worth the big cash by winning the Norris and being their top guy. If they offered him anything less than $8M it's a slap in the face. I'm sure they could have gotten a long term deal done in the $8.5 range, not like they have cap issues to hold them back.
But that IS the point. You feel like he's worth $8.5m, sure, but evidently they don't and there's no objective truth to compare against unfortunately.

The spiritual homeland calls you Subban. Ackee trees and saltfish is thundering in your mind. The rhythm of steel drums coursing through your veins. Subban can't deny the calling of the Jamaican continuum. Come south Subban, your people call you.

Razorskin

----- ------
Subban will look good in blue and white.

cAEGI7W.png

The return of centennial jerseys!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That doesn't make any sense, they have the cap this year, and they don't have any other big names / holes to fill, and like Lamaroo said, he'll just cost more. The only reason I can see Bergevin playing such hard ball is because A.Gally, B. Gally, Bournival, Beaulieu, and Tinordi are all RFA's next season, and he wants as much wiggle room for them as possible.

Deadline cap is a very valuable commodity

Merguson

Banned
You guys can argue all you want about Subban's future, but the matter of fact is that Leiweke is already giving instructions to Subban on how to proceed to become a Leaf in 2016.

tim_leiweke_and_jermain_defoe.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
P.K. Subban says no deal was reached today. Arbitrator will decide his contract for next season. "We have to live with those decisions."

Ladies and gentleman, start a queue to the left with your offers.

Stasis

During the playoffs when my buddies came over they'd hang it up behind the TV...

alxhkNGl.jpg

I had a NYR jersey mounted over an NYC skyline triptych behind the couch, no worries!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm genuinely shocked that cheapass Ottawa can sign Karlsson in 5 minutes and Subban drags on into arbitration.
I'm at a loss for words. If the arbitrator really is the one to decide this, then all the good will Bergevin has built up is lost. What a complete fuck up if this happens. He'll have to be traded, I don't see them coming back from this if it goes for another year. I'm going to go burn something down.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm at a loss for words. If the arbitrator really is the one to decide this, then all the good will Bergevin has built up is lost. What a complete fuck up if this happens. He'll have to be traded, I don't see them coming back from this if it goes for another year. I'm going to go burn something down.

If you are taking orders then I have to suggest Philoops crappy restaurent.

Top Bottom